1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Melodrama...fumble at the 1 yard line?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Aug 1, 2018.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sous vide!

ChumpCity likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

i say ban if untrue :)

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me guess. First, the other team needs to hire Sam Hinkie as GM, so he'll do Morey a solid, by trading a good player for Ryan Anderson.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

@KellyDwyer and @KellyUnchained both be like this right now:

[​IMG]

Deckard likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Melo wants to win, but only if it comes with him being in a featured role

team could be winning, but if he’s coming off the bench, he wouldn’t care and would be unhappy

6. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

People slip up when they are drinking. Especially if someone is mad about Melo issue.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Where did Nachobar come from? Is he really legit insider? First time I see him hinting at things. Not saying he is fake news, just never seen him post any scoops.

8. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Will this 'crock pot' simmer into the season leading up to the trade deadline or before the season starts? I'm hungry and not to patient for a slow cooker.

9. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

It is funny to see the people that hate Melo hang on in piece of information right or wrong and use it to spin a negative light on Melo. You dont even know if this is true or in what context the information was given and taken.

You dont think Melo and the Rockets talked about all this stuff already in the meeting they already had?

fattz and topfive like this.
  10. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

Definitely NOT Morey if you’re asking.

BHannes2BHonest and jch1911 like this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm beginning to think Nachobar is one of Fertitta's favored restaurant managers...who he spills the beans with, sometimes.

need moar food idioms

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dammit. Love the sig, though. :)

jch1911 likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you are pals with cyberx?

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

[​IMG]

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Because that’s what billionaires like Tilman do - get loose at a bar and blab it all out to randos about internal dealings. I love you Clutchfans. Sincerely. You never disappoint on the entertainment in the offseason.

#75 cdrive, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  16. meh

meh Contributing Member

It would be pretty hilarious that everyone on the Rockets talk as if Melo's here, Woj reports, it, Shams reports it, every media member and "sources" all say this... and then it breaks down because after weeks of talking and confirming Melo's on board with the Rockets plan, he backs out at the last second.

I'm not sure I would even be mad. If he's willing to sacrifice for the team then he'd be a great fit and a steal. And if he wants his 30mpg and being in for crunch time even when he's sucking, then no point in signing him even for the minimum.

17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

If they had talked about everything then he would have signed already. There would be no reason to drag this out any further. There are obviously still things to talk about and that's probably happening right now.

Dacamel likes this.
  18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

demarcus cousins, probably my least favorite player... a player whom despite his immense talent is in fact deemed unwanted by many nba teams. When he was asked about the possibility of coming off the bench with the warriors, this well known "problem/selfish" player answered, "I'll do anything to help the team win, off the bench, starting, anything."

Meanwhile a well past his prime Melo, when asked the same question... "Hey P, they want me to come of the bench! haha" "not happening" & most recently "Only I can decide if that" " I know how to play the game".

In light of Melo's comments and demands is it really that surprising that PERHAPS Morey and the Rockets might have second thoughts.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Cake ain't finished 'til it's iced!

Killatron 2000 and Dacamel like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing wrong with that, he is being careful.

It didn't happen until it happenz.