1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(Windhorst) Rockets active in the trade market

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 27, 2018.

1. htownrocketman

YOLO is wrong most of the time with his assessments but you can never tell him that. He really has a severe know-it-all complex.

Little Bit, Plowman, dc rock and 2 others like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

post history says otherwise but thanks for coming out of hiding with your A+ post :rolleyes: with 0 credibility

if you're going to post, post some actual content.

3. ilias

ilias Member

If we have a chance to trade Ryno for Batum, we have to take it. The 3rd year of his contract is horrible, but pretty much irrelevant as our window will most likely have closed by then. This is all about the next two years. Batum is a huge upgrade over Anderson.

He is a plus defender, maybe not as elite as he was at his peak, but definitely as good as Ariza was last year. He is perfect for our switching defence, as he can cover 1-4.

He has lost some of his hops, so he does not drive as much to the hoop, but he is a career 38% shooter from the corner three. At Charlotte he is taking a lot of mid-range shots off his own dribble, so his FG% looks bad, but at Houston his TS% would bounce back up as a higher share of shots would be assisted, and he would be usually positioned under the break. Same for his 3pt %, only 10% of his 3s last year were from the corner. Imagine how better Batum will be than Ariza or LMaM on those situations where opponents are closing hard on a corner 3; no more deer in headlights situations or Luc missing layup after layup after blindly driving to the hoop. Batum is an elite off the bounce creator, he would make a big impact on our offence, especially when Gordon is the primary playmaker.

I cannot think of a better fit for this team for a realistic trade target that can lead us to the title. My only caveat is his health and fitness, as he missed 18 games last year, after averaging 75 the previous 5.

RocketsFanBrian, D-rock, hvic and 2 others like this.
  4. htownrocketman

If you're going to post, post some actual truth. Oh and try doing it with a some humility. You sound like a jerk most of the time. An A+ jerk.

Little Bit and dc rock like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

once again post history says otherwise.

yet you on the hand are the cf's police? A lurker who is butt hurt. arrest me plz :rolleyes: comes out of nowhere and had 0 input on the actual discussion. quit wasting people's time

6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

He shoots tough shots, that will hurt your FG% more often than not. It's something we've all pointed out

He was an All-Star all those years.

62% EFG on Wide Open shots last year, 50% very tight, 50% tight, 44.6% open...man if he just hits a better rate on his open shots next year his efficiency should be really. I think with the Rockets spacing that will help out a lot.

I'm unsure what you're trying to prove by posting his clutch shooting stats as well, I've never discussed that at all. I thought the discussion was about Melo posting up Curry but then again there's a bunch of discussions going on in here.

And again when you're simply pinpointing stats in games you most likely didn't watch. Context is important, anyone can post stats but again you know what you're doing so I get it, I fell for the bait.

This year you'll watch some games and you'll likely have a better understanding of his game

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

you noted he'd be good to have down the stretch, posting up, as an option.

clutch stats and post up stats then, are exactly those stats to focus on then. down the stretch, he has not been good. in the post, he has not been good.

I'm not sure if there's a way to isolate post up specific shots in the clutch... but basic math would imply that he wasn't good at those either.

I provided multiple years of history, with two different teams.

Context is helpful... but context has to be more than "it was a bad fit last year" ... especially its not like he was great the prior years.

I watched some OKC basically... but I watch some of every team, than 90%+ of the Rockets. Unless someone was paying me to watch sports, not possible to watch OKC like I watched the Rockets, for example.

I have a VERY good feel of Melo's game. Which lets me know he'll need to be Olympics/Hoodie Melo (but not to the same level of prolificness) to be a generally positive impact to winning and getting past GSW on the Rockets. Otherwise, we have to get lucky and get HOT Melo at times in the playoffs. ANd that, I openly admit, is definitely possible.

8. htownrocketman

You keep saying your post history says otherwise. Your post history actually proves my point that you really believe you know-it-all. Pretty sad actually but one day maybe you will realize that you should be more humble with your responses. Your opinions aren't the bright

Haha! Your opinions are a waste of people's time! Until you realize that you do not know it all, you will continue to sound like a complete fool.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

coming from someone thats been here for years apparently with no actual posts with content this means a ton. feel free to send a direct message if you really have a problem instead of cluttering up a thread with your garbage trying to be some internet police LOL. If not then shut up and move along
    [​IMG]

Embrace the clutch likes this.
  10. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

Otto Porter would be the ideal snag for the Rockets. Long (6'8, 7'1 wingspan), elite 3PT shooter (44% over the last two seasons), great defender (top 5 among SF's in defensive real plus-minus), only 25 years old (Rockets want to get younger), and on a huge contract that could get his current team under the luxury tax if he's moved (a team that has drafted three SF's in the first round over the last five years, one of whom is a year away from getting paid).

11. JayZ750

I'm with you man!!

Don't see Wizards moving him though "just" for cap relief. They still want to be good.

But what other assets would really entice them?

Anderson, Zhou, Melton (?), 2019 first?

It's not much of a return, but Porter does have a HUGE contract that would likely prevent them from getting much of a return in any place.

Why not? and RobKsports like this.
  12. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmmm, ok ok. It's really difficult and exciting to make any predictions before we actually see the team.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Here's a trade idea http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yanke6oz

Probably would have to send two first to the Kings (they would likely have to waive Koufos and Randolph to open up space for Ryno).

RobKsports likes this.
  14. JayZ750

It'd probably have to be multi-team as you note... but that's pretty complex.

Are the Celtics looking to basically salary dump Morris? He's an expiring contract...

15. JayZ750

Why not...

Shump + Randolph to Wizards

Anderson + Zhou Qi + 2019 First + some seconds to Kings

Porter to Houston

That works as well...

joshuaao likes this.
  16. RobKsports

RobKsports Member

You can cut the Celtics out of this deal so there are less moving parts.

Rockets: Otto Porter
    Wizards: Iman Shumpert, Chinanu Onuaku, huge monetary relief
    Kings: Ryan Anderson, picks

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah, I think so. I don't believe Morris will get many minutes with Hayward's return to the rotation, the Celtics will likely look to dump him to cut their tax bill.

If the picks are arranged like this -

Anderson, Hou 2019 & 2021 1st to Kings

Onuaku, Sac 2019 2nd to Celtics

Morris, Shump to Wiz

Porter to Rockets

Could be something that benefits all teams.

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wizards are competing and I don't think swapping Porter for Shumpert would cut it for them (I think Wall, fans and coaches would be pissed), adding Marcus Morris should be relatively simple and would give the Wizards back a solid SF... as well as of course, reuniting the bro's #FOE.

19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Yeah it could go either way which is the intriguing part. Cod said Melo has a new mindset according to discussions with the team so maybe that helps push it to where it reaches its potential.

20. sogood.

sogood. Member

lmao come on guys, we're not getting Otto Porter for Ryan ****ing Anderson.

You think the Wizards is going to give up a guy who averaged 15/6/2 on 50/44... FOURTY FOUR percent from 3 with good defense for ****ing Ryan Anderson?