1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can anyone justify the images shown in these films?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Jul 24, 2018.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah Moe's is off on that last one. Not the anthropological reason dogs were domesticated.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

My 11 year old is trying to go vegetarian. The other 3 kids and me are not interested. Fortunately, her mom is a chef, so we can probably get this done.

jacoby likes this.
  3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member
    Supporting Member

So does working, walking, sitting, standing or playing in the sun.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a fascinating and quickly evolving topic. Some believe dogs are why we bested the neanderthals.

how far back do we go exactly?
    http://theconversation.com/canine-and-able-how-dogs-made-us-human-7394

who made the first move?
    https://news.nationalgeographic.com...domestic-evolution-science-wolf-wolves-human/

biochemically programmed response for each species to the other
    https://phys.org/news/2016-03-explores-prehistoric-relationship-humans-dogs.html

5. droxford

droxford Member

THERE'S a good question !

Which would you do?

A. Allow your children to die of starvation, while allowing a dog to live
    or
    B. Kill the dog and feed it to your starving children

?

6. Buck Turgidson

Pretty sure Jonathan Swift answered that question 300 years ago.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

C. Use dog to hunt, have children, a best friend, and rabbit stew and quail fajitas.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. jacoby

jacoby Member

Kill the dog and feed it to my starving children.

Which would you do?

A. Violently kill an animal with a blade to the throat after confining it to a cage its entire life to eat it
    or
    B. Eat an abundance of plant foods that can adequately sustain your health and spare the life of the animal?

9. Vanilla Thunder

B) Also I am gonna have a nice Veal Marsala for lunch today in Jacoby's honor.

Hey Jacoby, what delicious plants do you recommend I order as side dishes?

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Trying to convince devoted carnivores to become vegetarian seems even more quixotic than trying to coax people across the dividing line of the abortion debate. Good luck!

I'm sympathetic to the environmental impact arguments and pretty much only eat hunted red meat. Still eat some yardbird and fish, even though they do suffer for my benefit.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. droxford

droxford Member

My answer: A

12. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, there are ethical ranchers/farmers/fishermen and there are horrible ones and there is everything in between. Everyone should eat less fast food and packaged food, and eat the good stuff. It does take effort to find the right producers, and especially to budget and learn how to cook at home in order to eat right. I'm totally guilty in taking the easy way out sometimes, because Whataburger/etc is damn good from time to time.

I guess I'm an outlier in that I was raised on natural stuff, hunting and fishing and ranching and gardening, and that makes up a large portion of my diet still, except dairy, I have neither the proper cows/goats/sheep nor the gumption to do my own milk/cheese/butter. I bake (not at all of my) bread and make tortillas and such but do I really know where my grains are coming from? Hell no.

Vegans and vegetarians would be shocked at how much glyphosates and other stuff get sprayed on and around their fruits and nuts and veggies, for one. And where does their fertilizer come from?

All you can do is do the best you can as much as your life allows.

B-Bob likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hate to see the way some of these animals are treated, but I love meat

*flips bacon cooking on the stove