1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein] Carmelo Anthony set to sign with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the signing of Carmelo Anthony?

Poll closed Jul 23, 2019.
  1. YES

90.9%
  2. NO

9.1%
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

luc was actually starting for the clips the previous season and was the designated defender on harden whenever we played them. i was happy when we got him and pissed when we let him go

2. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

CapelaOnlyFan and clutchdabear like this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

I think THICCness is coming off the bench

forchette49 likes this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe in Melo after his comments several times last season. I'd like to eat crow and be proven wrong because I just want what is best for the Rockets. I'm hoping Melo gives us the extra boost we need against the Warriors. I'm not as hopeful as many of you all.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nah. Ennis starts at the 3.. Melo comes off of the bench.

6. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I think your lineup is dead on. Don't forget also we could also "trick" Melo into sitting first, which would stagger his minutes with the backup unit to a greater degree after he checks back in.

7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Nope! Melo and Ennis both start, Tucker and Green back them up.

raining threes likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not sure. The thing is that Tucker isn't really a perimeter defender. If you have him, Harden and Melo in the starting lineup, any team with perimeter quickness will attack and get to the cup.

Have to see what it looks like probably in camp. Wouldn't shock me to see Tucker on the bench with he and Melo basically being the 4 combo and Tucker getting some minutes at the backup 5 as well.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Unlikely as hell. You aren't going to shake up a 65 win team like that (inserting two new starters). Won't happen.

11. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Wow, Vet min, eh?

Shout out to @Nook who was pretty confident that Melo would be taking the Vet Min with the Rockets. Nook absolutely called it. I didn't think it would happen.

Tfor3, Nook, Vivi and 6 others like this.
  13. tobster

tobster Member

I agree he starts on THIS team due to the chemistry factor. But in the rest of the league I don't think he'll start in the future. Not that he'll be useless but he just won't be starting caliber anymore. If he found a way back to us for CHEAP i'd be extremely happy!

14. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Keeping digging bro. You thought cp3 wasn't going to make a difference.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

@Nook where do I make charity contribution and what amount did we say?

16. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

I might be in the minority, but I think we should use the MLE to sign Hartenstein, Melton, and DANUEL HOUSE (a sleeper that I think could have the biggest impact of all of them). Use whatever remaining to sign Jamal Crawford. House had a good stretch to close out last year, and solidified his NBA potential in the Summer League this year as a 2 way player! If we aren’t going to be able to shut down the Warriors defensively, then we should employ a team with offensive firepower depth that exceeds theirs!

17. jamescar

jamescar Member

I think it is because of him having 2 separated shoulders in one year. That is very unfortunate and often unrecoverable.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Anyone who seriously thinks Carmelo Anthony is coming off the bench is deluded.

Sure, it might be the best thing for the team, but it ain't gonna happen.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not a Melo fan, but this is a bargain financially. CP3 might get his head right. Then he might get Harden's head right. Sign Capela and move on. The parade is already scheduled, so it doesn't matter much anyway.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Q
    I think paying CP3 35 million a year to provide "spark when needed" should have been said as providing "spark when not injured and resting". When you pay 35 million for spark, then the "added spark around him" might just have to be more of a "sparkler" instead of "big fireworks" that would set off a bigger blast. Giving Melo the minimum is a pretty good deal for a sparkler. Let's just hope CP3 and Harden stay healthy this year, or our fireworks will be rained out like a Texas storm on the 4th of July.