1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

lets face it, our fans suck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Khal80, Jan 9, 2004.

Tags:
  1. cuneo77

cuneo77 Contributing Member

i agree with the hakeem thing,it was heartbreakin,but my thing is fans suck cuz they only watch when we are on top, sometimes ppl ask me,"i used to watch the rockets,does hakeem STILL PLAY?whos on our team now,i STOPPED wactching after we stopped winning" my whole thing is ,like i tell my aunt, you gotta treat your team like family,stick by em thru the good and bad,thats why houston fans suck. as for not goin to the games, you know lots of folks would rather sit in front of the tv,its not the fattest city for nothing, hell bringin back two for 1 tickets for crappy teams would be a bad idea either, give-a ways here and there, something to make them come,then maybe those ppl will start goin cuz theyll see how fun it is to go to a game, but no matter what,i hate the fairweather fans, i am surprised ppl havent abandoned the texans and wait to be fans when they are gonna be good later on,i am loyal ,have always stuck with the rockets,and i am Still a titans fan, i pick them over any other nfl team.

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

gotta accept the fact that u cant change how people think in houston....it sux but we will never have a loyal fan base....we will never have the arco arena type atmosphere....it sux but all i can hope for is for the Rox to keep winning

3. aries323

aries323 Member

4. ScoobyUT

ScoobyUT Contributing Member

Build an exciting atmoshpere, and they will come!

Right now, scoring less then 80 a game and being incosistant game in and game out will not give any fan to spend bucks.

I agree that as the season takes a turn towards near the playoffs this team will gel and turn things to another level. :)

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Its the same at every arena, we've just been lucky to have the CC all those years.

6. mztay1

mztay1 Member

HOUSTON FANS MAKE ME SICK!!:mad: THEY ARE BY FAR..THE WORST FANS IN THE NBA, BY FAR !! THEY GIVE YOU 150 STUPID AZZ REASONS WHY THEY DON'T SUPPORT THE ROCKETS BUT GO SEE THOSE WORTHLESS, NEVER GETTING OUTTA THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFS SINCE INCEPTION ASTROS..IN DROVES!!??:mad: :eek:

If you can't afford a stupid $10.00 ticket every so often...you're not a fan so stop acting like one. I don't like driving downtown..but I am a TRUE Rocket fan..not like alot of these posers on this dayum board. YES, POSERS!! If you are gonna bytch and moan when they lose--at least have the BALLS to say something positive when they win. But NOOOOOOOO --all you get is some whining, crying azz people who can't find nothing better to do. I knew one day we would be exposed to the world for what we really are..and that is some of the WORST fans in the NBA!! We have NO loyalty to the organization that has brought us THE ONLY CHAMPIONSHIPS THIS FRIGGIN TOWN HAS EVER HAD.???:( :confused: :confused:

JUST LEAVE AND GO TO THE ASTROS SITE AND BEG FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND SOMEDAY, POSERS!!

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

I must agree with you. Youre saying the truth. Alot of people that post here complaining about price, travel, etc..make me sick also.
    I am not rich, I am in college, but I can still afford the upper bowl tickets. I hate downtown but actually driving to Toyota center is not as bad as it seems...I have a nice easy route from my house.
    Parking? The city garage 2 blocks away is only $5 and the walk is shorter than it was from the Compaq Center garage to the actual arena...

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Heh, yall pay for parking? I park for free and its only 2 blocks away, as far as where, I am keeping my mouth shut. :)

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Btw, i shouldve elaborated and stick to the thread subject. Yes, our fans suck, the city of Houston is a bandwagon city, period. If you are not winning, than there are other things to do, pay attention to, etc... Its like Atlanta, they suck, badly, and attendence shows that the city is not at all behind them. I learned that yea, people do bicker and complain about the team and do not do anything themselves. I am a fan, and have supported them, everything from going to half of the games last year, almost 2/3rds of the game this year, gone to viewing parties, show my pride by wearing my jerseys, shirt, hat, etc... to the public. If you do your part, thats all you have to worry about. Again, once they win, or we have like the Dream Team 3000, the fans will always be like this, a bunch of bandwagoners.

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Actually, I usually park by St Joes and walk the 4 or 5 blocks to the game. Just like when I see people play at Engine Room. But it's hardly a nice area of town, and I do worry about break ins. I'm also not going to make my fiancee or parents hoof it.

Evan

11. AggieRocketFan96

Originally posted by jiggyness
    "i still say fans suck, once again use your reading skills

i never said you suck because you dont come to the cames,

those of the fans who come to the games suck

there is no atmosphere, you can come in to houston and opposing teams feel at home at the brand new lush Toyota Center, its like home away from home for them

anyone i should bite?"

Jiggyness,
    all i can say is Win Baby Win! As the Rockets win, the fans will come! Even if the Rockets lose games, if they show intensity, hustle, and effort on a consistent basis, the fans will come. The Fans know when effort and hustle is out on the court, they always appreciate that. Guys like JJ and Cato are starting to influence the team more and more with their hustle and intensity and it is spreading to all the other players on the team.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Fantastic post! I do believe you nailed it!

13. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

Dear Montgo - -

I'm with you. - As you know our seats are pretty close together, and I don't care for the new stadium either. Parking is about the same as the Summit... Distance doesn't matter for me since I'm driving from Austin - so what's another 20 minutes... but the stadium!!!^%^$# - We're in the upper deck ( haven't been in seats that tight/steep since the Hubert Humphrey Dome in Minniesoota) - Heck I even miss the food court at Compaq. At least you could get an over priced Whataburger.

As for next year's season tickets? Surely there's something in the lower bowl that would help make the drive, cost, time etc more worth it - San Antonio is a lot closer- just don't have the attachment to their basketball team. - Really miss the Compaq center.

As for the fans - I grew up as an Aggie, so my perspective is somewhat skewed... (We stood in the stands, for entire seasons, to cheer loosing teams in the 60's and 70's - ). The lack of fan participation in games is a bit disheartening. I'm sure our players would love the same kind of advantage Aggies get at Kyle field.

Our Rockets are going through some real growing pains - so are the fans. There are legitimate questions about management, coaches, players and fans..... Sure I get frustrated watching this roller coaster, but it is an entertaining journey... and that's what I'm paying for. - Watching this whole 'drama' (growth or regression of Francis, Cat, Yao, mgmt, team etc. ) - - unfold.

time to get on the road - there's a game tonight

14. double d

double d Contributing Member

It's true; the home crowd is very docile . When I'm at a game, I'm determined to get my money's worth and stand up, yell, clap, etc., and enjoy myself, regardless of how the other scared sheep react.
    C'mon Houston, show the NBA you've got a friggin pulse.

15. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Aside from the few big cities (NY, LA), very few cities have many of what you call "true fans." Some of these "true fans" also cannot make the game because of financial/time/other reasons. Most fans are just average fans. They bleed red but not Rockets red. They'll cheer for their team, they'll be happy when we win and they'll celebrate. Their moods ARE affected by how well the Rockets are doing but not to a certain extend to commit suicide when we lose. Bottom line is, a winning team brings fans. Everybody wants to be part of the excitement. Winning is what pushes the average fan to spend that 20 bucks (for a lousy seat, not including refreshments) to see a game in person where they'd get a much better view on TV. In this sense Houston fans might not be the best fans, but they're no worse than any other fans.

Think about this: Joe Bob is a Rockets fan. Joe Bob has a good job, good wife, behaving kids and so far is having a good day. Then he decides to PAY to watch his favorite team. He spends $80 for tickets (himself, wife + 2 kids) for bad seats, then another 20 for other expenses (parking, drinks, hotdogs, which we all know are expensive at the Toyota Center), only to witness the ugliest so-called basketball game IN HIS LIFE, where his beloved Rockets get thrashed by a mediocre team. l, even when they win now they win ugly, so much that TV commentators are using the team as a joke. Fans start NOT booing, JVG looks like he's just caught his wife cheating, the kids are crying, after the game, Joe Bob has to find his car, then fight traffic, his whole day is ruined.

What's worse, he's now $100 under. Instead of this he could have just watched the game on channel 51, have a beer while sitting in his favorite chair. When the team start to get thrashed, he could turn off the TV and go do it with the wifey. Once again, why WOULD he pay to watched the Rockets again? Instead of saying the fans suck around here, people should say this team suck.

16. sup123

sup123 Member

i think more people would come to watch if we had a better team. Les needs to spend money to make money . We have 2 centers in our starting lineup, what does that tell u (cheap and dumb).

17. bonr13

bonr13 Member

Make the power dancers wear kinkier clothes;)

18. sup123

sup123 Member

or that!

19. farhan007

farhan007 Member

i preffer none...

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

Dallas used to have a huge attendance problem before Mark Cuban came along. He really injected some life into the franchise. If you go to a Mavs game this year (or one of the previous two years), you'll notice that the atmosphere is REALLY loud and electrifying. They have a new stadium. They have high priced tickets. Why is the AA Center louder?

Simple - because the owner CARES about the franchise. Cuban is always making whatever moves he can to put the Mavs into contention. He's putting money into the Mavs, and profiting from it. He's given the Dallas fans something to cheer about again.

Fans must have something to cheer about. There has to be a compelling reason for Joe Bob to pay $100 for bad seats.

Do Houston fans suck? Hell no! But it's Les's job to rally the fans behind the team. Isiah is currently shaking up the Knicks. He's got the right idea. Cuban has the right idea. Now, if only Les/CD get a clue and make the right moves, I think that the TC can be one of the loudest arenas in the league.