1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Our Young Bigs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bevo202, Jul 14, 2018.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Zhou Qi would get snapped in half playing in the NBA. Hartenstein has a better build for the league. He should be allowed to be in the rotation. I like theIidea of playing Hart at the 5 and Capela at the 4. Capela has shown the ability to guard multiple positions in the past.

2. basketballholic

That would be awful. Warriors would beat us by 50.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I assume you mean on D. But could Hart (not the Lakes' Hart, more the shame) protect the rim? Switch from high to get back low ala CC?

4. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

The 4 man is suppose to spread the offensive. The 5 man is either pick and pop or pick and dive. Capella is only the dive man today. He hasn't shown or allowed to shoot 3s. Qi is is the 4 while hartenstien is the 5.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The REAL game moves too fast for Qi. Not an NBA player. Management probably likes the exposure he brings. We'll see.

6. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

people said that about Yao too tbh

wireonfire, D-rock and TheRealAllpro like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Well they knew they were wrong quick because Yao showed that he had game right away.

8. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

I don't think he did actually; definitely took him some time. Remember the donkey game? That was his "coming out" game.

9. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Hartenstein is bbq chicken on switches

D-rock likes this.
  10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

He’s a NBA player for sure. 7’2 with three point range and learning how to play off the dribble.

D-rock and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

His problem is what you mentioned with Hartenstein, Qi was getting abused by wings/guards on switches due to his poor lateral quickness. He was also he physically abused by very small guards just going straight through him to get to the basket.

His poor lateral quickness and extremely poor strength will be a big issue.

Hartenstein has enough strength to defend centers, Qi doesn't, and it's not close. I like Qi's skill set a lot, but if he's too slow to guard 4's, and not strong enough to guard centers, who does he defend?

The NBA just isn't friendly to bigs anymore, the new bigs will need to be all in the mold of Draymond.

6'7-6'10, very quick feet, good perimeter defense, good interior defense, strong, good rebounders, good shot blockers, and with some kind of perimeter shot. The new bigs will just have to be insanely versatile, can't play anymore if you can guard on the perimeter in the league.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

True, but I like Zhou’s shot blocking and ability to change shots over anything Hart does on defense.

D-rock likes this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Good point, he needs to watch some Dennis Rodman videos.

14. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

If you watch Zhou, he’ll almost date people to shoot it so he can go block it. He’s more focused on positioning to block it than keeping up with his man.

D-rock likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Neither of these guys are remotely ready for the playoffs . But that's 100 percent fine .

They will be able to contribute in regular season games . Think about how good Harden makes scrubs look . Then think about how good CP3 makes scrubs look . One of them is on the floor for us at all times ( when healthy ) . Qi and Hartenstein will easily get their fair share of easy layups ( and open 3's for Qi)

They are both quick and have decent motors. They aren't completely boneheaded and their biggest problem will probably be limiting fouls .

I'd rather these guys get some minutes instead of Nene..... unfortunately, I think Ne's ship has sailed .... but who knows maybe he's got 1 run left in him . For sure , I want these guys playing over tarick black ( unless black has added a 40% 3 point shot lol )

Start them in the g-league and play ( at least one of) them in some games before the all-star break .

These kids need to be thrown into the fire to see if we have something or not .

16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Charles Jones is offended by the title of this threat.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  17. mockster

mockster Member

I’m curious how zhou would perform, they said the same things about Yao. He could still use some more weight so next season might be his year but I wouldn’t mind testing the waters with him.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL. If Charles Jones can contribute to a championship level team then so can Qi. It's his D that Rockets need right now, his O can be honed over time.

The guy just needs a few minutes/game, you learn best by doing not sitting and watching.

19. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

The games was fast for Yao but the dude could shoot and plant his butt in the paint to rebound.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He gone, fam.