1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Daryl Morey is smart, but he's got no sense.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Jul 9, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

And I guess Morey felt like that would no longer be the case at $4M?

2. varughese.arun

Ariza was nothing special in the play offs. He will not be missed.
    Others who've watched every Rockets game last season can attest to that.

3. varughese.arun

I don't think Ariza Hit a 3 in the entire play offs. There are PLEANTY of wings who can play decent D. Ariza will not be missed. Guranteed.

4. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

The cap limits where our GM can operate at, and that is dependent on what kind of owner a team has.

5. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Not sure what you mean about Harden but it’s not his job to put a championship caliber team together, that’s DM’s and Tilman.

6. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

So if someone comes in and offers CC a 4 year $100 mill contract you match that, right? Sure. But it’s looking like HOU, nevertheless Tilman, is unwilling to give CC that much money. Also restricted FA’s are restricted bc their teams have the right to match any contract offered but that doesn’t mean they always get matched. Worst case scenario is CC takes the QO and becomes unrestricted and leaves for LA or another team with cap willing to give him max money. If that’s the case you unload Anderson contact next season which becomes very valuable bc of the $20 mill coming off any teams books after 1 season and sign DJ to a more reasonable and shorter contract.

7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

CP3’s contract, for the millionth time, has(d) nothing to do with HOU not being able to sign Ariza!!! You, Colin Cowherd, Broussard, and the rest of the dumbass media please STOP saying that!
    - CP3’s cap # was already on our books for $35 mill no matter what!
    - HOU was NOT willing to pay Ariza $15 mill over 1 season and that’s all that went on there.
    - LRMM decided to take more up front rather than to wait a year when we would than be able to offer him more than any other team (2yr $10 mill). In LA he will make $4.3 mill this year and can only get the MLE next season at $5.5 mill.
    - Capela is stuck in HOU for at least another year bc we have his bird rights, meaning we can match anything thrown at him.
    - GS was able to keep Klay, Green, and KD at max contract and still sign Igoudala to a massive deal bc they decided to pay luxury for a player they thought was a big part of their success, HOU clearly thought otherwise of Ariza.

8. Sanity2disChaos

So smart he doesn’t punt, he swift kicks. My man Maurrrraayy!

9. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

HOU roster next season:
    CP3/Melton/MCW
    Harden/Gordon
    Tucker/Green
    Melo/Ennis/Edwards/Qi
    Capela/Nene/Hartenstein

2 Way:
    Danuel House
    Treston Duval

Waived:
    Onuaku

Joshfast and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yikes you really do expect it all. I know Houston could keep everyone but that doesn’t mean they do it just cuz you’re throwing a hissy fit. You may say you don’t care cuz it’s not your money but how do you not get that it doesn’t work that way. We also have to accept that we did not win it all and Morey believes GS will improve so keeping the exact same veteran team a year older may not be enough. Also KD isn’t maxed.

Simply put if you would have paid Ariza $15M if you were Morey well then you wouldn’t be Morey and he’s better than you at this.

11. 1234567

1234567 Member

GSW 'got' DMC at MLE because no team wanted him at more then MLE and he was mad NO only offered 2 yr 9 mi. He knew no team wanted him and decided to go KD part 2 and chase ring while rehabbing during the season.

Would you thing Hou was genius if he decided to go to Rockets for MLE? even with bad fit Morey would sign him at 1 yr MLE if given the chance.

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

He’s worth a max contract. Come on now, bum shoulder(s) and all!

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Everyone just needs to breathe -- it is going to be okay.

topfive and UTweezer like this.
  14. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

Hey fellow 2002er. I agree.

Rather than getting ourselves worked-up playing couch GM, take a seat, relax and enjoy the summer. DM is a professional. Grab some popcorn and setback chill. Let it unfold.

I’m more concerned about our uniforms at this point.

Crashlanded19 and KingCheetah like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For 99ers, it hasn't been okay in 23 years.

JuanValdez likes this.
  16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Relax" is not the way of the true ClutchFan.

A true CFer will first hyperventilate, then rant, then throw a tantrum and threaten to leave CF forever, then sulk until we start winning. At that point, they will rise from the dead like a glorious phoenix to incessantly remind us how much faith they had in Morey all along.

#197 topfive, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Deuce, jch1911, Hakeemtheking and 2 others like this.
  18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Remember this was the place where people were mad at Morey for trading "all our depth" for CP3 and was mad we gave up "more" for CP3 than the Thunder did for PG and Melo. Before conveniently forgetting about all their rants when the Rockets didn't seem to miss such stalwarts like Sam Dekker and Montrez Harrell. While Oladipo turned into an All-Star.

If Clutchfans ran the Rockets we'd be a bigger laughingstock than the Kings.

#198 meh, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

James Ennis is worse than Mbah a Moute at everything. Mbah a Moute had the third most impact on the Rockets last regular season by every indication of substance. Who the hell would've wanted Ennis before the desperation of this position they put themselves in?

Ariza is getting ridiculously overrated on the other hand, and I was never high on him.

20. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Wtf r u talking about? I’m not throwing a fit I basically just explained what happened with Ariza and if had any relation to CP3’s contract.
    I also never said HOU should’ve offered Ariza $15 mill to keep him. All I said was that GS was willing to pay luxury tax on a guy they thought was very important to what they do. HOU of course could’ve done the same but they chose not to, period. This however has nothing to do with what CP got not with what Capela will get, that’s all I was trying to explain here.