1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Luc Mbah a Moute to Clippers (1 year, $4.3M)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2018.

1. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Considering there’s no wing defenders we can snag at that price this year, I can’t believe Morey didn’t just match their offer.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  2. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Absolutely brutal.

Hoping for a Bazemore trade on top of Melo. Even then, not too sure we aren’t worse going into next season.

justtxyank likes this.
  3. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Clippers sent their 1st round pick next year to Boston. .. so perhaps they stocking up on quality role players to trade them during deadline for picks.

4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Ugh. I wasn’t expecting that. Retaining Luc was important. Oh well next man up....MCW. Better be morphing man!!

OKC Dragging their feet looking for trades of Melo.

James Ennis? Nunnally? House?

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

no picking up melo is more important. -cf's

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Calm down people. We gonna have a BIG 6!

treyk3 likes this.
  7. Vivi

Vivi Member

There has to be imo, but even if there isn't, last season we actually started with Anderson in the starting 5 and PJ on the bench, as today we would start with PJ at the 3 and Melo at the 4, the players are a bit different, overall the situation isn't that different. It is if you consider the starting 5 we had in the second half of the season and playoff though.

8. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Well, s**t.

It's not like we didn't have that cash available. We made the call to lowball him chasing soMELOne else. But frankly that seems like a downgrade to me.

If this is the work of General Manager Chris Paul I'm thinking that the evidence continues to pile up that players as decision makers doesn't work.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. BleedsRocketRed

We have now lost not one but TWO very good wing defenders, and arguably the best one the team had (Prince Richard)
    We have flat out become worse than last season.

Man. Last year was the year to ****ing do it and we didn't. ****

Oh, and stop saying Luc or Ariza were non-factors in the playoffs. Luc was back from an injury prematurely. Both of those guys are part of the reason why we won 65 games. Losing them is going to hurt us majorly. Had Luc been healthy I think we would have benefited enough to where we go past GS.

The first stage of grief is denial. .

everyday eddie and YOLO like this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I get the disappointment with losing Ariza and now Luc but the reality is that those guys both didn’t contribute much at all in the playoffs.

Luc did nothing and Ariza has been declining on both sides especially defense for 3 seasons now.

Ariza is old I don’t blame him getting the 15m that’s a lot of money that a contender just can’t tie up to a player like him.

Luc I’m a little surprised but his shoulder is a red flag and he didn’t help us at all in terms of getting to the WCF and pushing GS to a game 7.

The guys you can’t lose are Harden, CP3, Gordon and Capela.

All those guys will be here unless traded for more high end talent.

Everyone else is a fill in piece.

PJ will be back looks like Melo will be here I’m sure Morey is going to pull off a under the radar wing defender to help out on that end.

Rockets will be fine as long as number 13 and number 3 are rocking the red.

The nba is all about the superstars us fans myself included get to wrapped up in the role players.

Objectively this team will be fine and in the same position as last year imo.

Cash Cam likes this.
  11. illwil29

illwil29 Member

I know we lost Luc, but losing Ariza so far has been the worst. If you think this team is the same without Ariza you are out of your mind. He was that glue guy. He had bad shooting performances, but I could always count on him to do his job, which was defensively. This offseason has been bad so far, but if we pull of a KL trade then everything falls into place. No I am not talking about Kevin Love.

joshuaao likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bye Felicia ... As soon as his shoulder was hurt he nutted up and went fetal position.

Next!

Cash Cam and pauebtg like this.
  13. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Big loss off the bench, but I'm not judging the team till the season starts.

14. MystikArkitect

We went to the WCF without him fwiw and he was unplayable there.

Ariza was a bigger loss.

15. Puss In Booty

Puss In Booty Member

I agree. Others getting stronger. We ... Obviously weaker. Bummer. :/

16. jogo

jogo Member

Covington? Why would they trade him, because of Chandler?

But Melo is coming and that means getting Covington doesn't make sense as a backup. Ugh.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Clearly not to Tilman and Morey

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Not gonna judge until the offseason ends. But ouch.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm not one of the doubters (yet), but I DO wonder what Morey and Paul thought would happen once they signed Paul to a contract with the entire US GDP. Were they just planning on playing 3v5?

malakas likes this.
  20. War Machine

War Machine Member