1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: CP3 Pushing for Rox to Sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jul 8, 2018.

1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

August something.

In fairness to Melo they should move quicker however so he can sign with his new team, establish his foundation and start training with his new team now instead when training camp starts

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

CF two weeks ago: "Sign Boogie!"

CF last week: "Sign Dwight AGAIN!"

CF this week: "Don't sign Melo. He's a cancer!"

Cash Cam, mike2k132, DonKnock and 6 others like this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Pete Carroll would throw in this situation. And Matt Schaub would throw it.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Y'all know that at 1000+ games, Melo has more mileage than Dwyane Wade and about as much as George Gervin's entire career?
    At a similar stage in Hakeem's career, this is when he started averaging about 10 ppg and getting his shot blocked. (It still makes me cry to think of those days.) I just feel like some people (even CP3?) are understandably thinking back to a different age Melo.

And if he signs, let me be plain: I hope it works out and makes me look like a dumbass -- not a "jackass" though -- especially if he can dial it in during the playoffs.

Ramo$e, Haymitch and justtxyank like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

All I know about Melos defense is when we played the Thunder, our best offense was to get Melo isolated on Harden. Harden roasted him over and over again.

How are we gonna score on the Thunder now?

6. jwayne

jwayne Member

I haven’t seen a player, any player, defend Harden yet.

7. mockster

mockster Member

Would y’all trade Ryan Anderson for melo?. Not sure how that effects us if we can’t get rid of Anderson anyway.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I often hope for you to look like an ass, whether it's of the jack or dumb variety I don't care.

Seriously though Melo isn't good at baslbasket anymore. If this were 5 years ago? Ok. But now? No, he's not good.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

True, but... good excuse to play this video which is pretty funny overall, even though Melo is just the first part of it.

alethios likes this.
  10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Who doesn't Harden roast?

seclusion likes this.
  11. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

At least, Westbrook, PG, Roberson, And Grant make it hard on him. Melo might as well have been on offense.

Marcus Smart and those random scrubs on the Clippers 2 way contracts have shut Harden down.

hakeem94 and justtxyank like this.
  12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Russ and Adams just watch lol, can't make this up

13. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Unreasonable expectation to ask him to be at PG or Smart or Robersons level defensively.

He sent Harden to his help and they watched him lay the ball up, this is what I was saying earlier about all 5 guys being in sync defensively. If Melo is expecting help there and doesn't get it how is it only on him. Hell he's clearly engaged defensively meanwhile his teammates are coasting. But let it be the other way around and he's lazy and not giving effort.

Getting beat off the dribble is only bad when you're Melo because he's the only one to ever get beat off the dribble according to critics.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

Even worse. Some of the same ones that don't won't Melo will argue how Zhou Qi has needs more playing time. Baffles me

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This is honestly a terrible argument. While I wouldn't call Melo a good defender by any stretch, Harden is the best 1v1 offensive player in the league right now and it's not even close. If you are quick enough, you can make it harder for him, but he will still find ways to score on you. A big man that by default is much slower or less agile than Harden? Yeah... good luck keeping up with Harden's change of pace.

Defense is a team game and it truly does take a team to stop Harden, which is why we ran into so many problems when we ONLY had Harden. Remember also that CP3 and Harden are basically 1A and 1B when it comes to ISO plays out of a PnR.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

melo and harden playing big minutes together. GS will be licking their chops

[​IMG]

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't sleep on Joe Cheese. He'll get another year of play at RGV and spend some training time with Roy Rogers from time to time. NEXT season, he could be a valuable guy off the bench in certain situations. As raw as he is, he already affects the way opponents approach the paint when he's around.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

Lmaooooooooo. Qi is a scrub. I've already explained why he's loved so much here, given the demographics. But those same ppl that advocate for Qi will make a whole argument on why we should've get Carmelo. Melo has done more in 1 quarter than Qi's done his whole career.

19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Yes yes n yes...if only for it being a ome year bad contract other then a 2

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Is he better then anderson doh