1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

New ownership... Les was willing to spend money. fertita seems more cheap

motleydeflep6 likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Like who? Only MCW came!

Rocketrik, J.R. and motleydeflep6 like this.
  3. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

Right. The reality of things is we took the Warriors to 7 games without him. Just have to keep building!

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Posturing, no contender has the cap space to add him. Let him walk if he doesn't want to be here. Go to ATL or the Nets and fade into oblivion like Ariza then... We were the best team in the NBA last year, surely someone will want to play SF for us besides Gerald Green...

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

saw those figures 'somewhere'...

6. rockets13champs

His other offers are from Lakers and Clippers

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

"Yes, but..." we don't want just 'guys'; it's the right 'guys'. However, I agree with you, the cupboard will not be left bare and spare.

8. rammo

rammo Member

@cyberx hasnt even logged onto CF for a week.

Must be on one hell of a bender... #LABron

BigMaloe, Deuce, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  9. jwayne

jwayne Member

Rockets aren’t being cheap... It’s a tough year for these FAs because few have cap space. Rockets are just using their leverage, taking their time. The season doesn’t stay tomorrow. Why the panic?

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

so far only MCW, who i doubt even 1 other team would have signed at all

BigMaloe, kevtse, YOLO and 5 others like this.
  11. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Plus being over the cap. Better to go 1 yr increments (less of a cap hit), then multi-year for the same money.

12. xaos

xaos Member

Feels like we are waiting on Clint and Melo to sign Luc. I might be one of the few but I’d sign Luc over Melo any day.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  13. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Morey is in Vegas

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Like Michael Carter Williams haha.

saleem likes this.
  15. cyberx

cyberx Member

CC May play for the QO

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

would much rather just S&T him somewhere instead

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/07/cleveland_cavaliers_what_to_do.html

The Cavaliers don't plan to trade Kevin Love?

That's what Cavs General Manager Koby Altman told the media at the Las Vegas Summer League. His point was the team "doesn't get better" by dealing love.

That could be true.

But even if the Cavs were seriously considering dealing Love, why tell the media? That's not a smart way to negotiate a trade.

I talked to a well-known NBA executive about what the Cavs will do with their All-Star forward now that LeBron James has signed with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"Unless they get blown away by an offer, I think they'll open the season with Love," said the executive.

Love is in the final season of his $24 million contract. He has a player option of $25.6 million in 2019-2020.

The Cave are rebuilding. So why not just deal Love right now? He turns 30 on Sept. 7.

"Because I think he'll be more in demand during the season by the trading deadline," said the executive. "Kevin could have a very good year for the Cavs being the focal point of the offense. He is a talented player."

"He remains an excellent defensive rebounder," said the executive. "That also will help the younger players."

The executive's point wasn't that the Cavs should keep Love all season and try to find a way into the playoffs, "unless they don't get much of an offer for Love."

The executive said Love could be very appealing to a team needing a star to make the playoffs...or advance deeper in the post-season. That's especially true in the Eastern Conference, where more teams have post-season dreams since James went West to the Lakers.

"The only downside would be if Love had a major injury," said the executive.

That is a concern. Love missed 22 games in 2016-17 and 23 games in 2017-18. He missed games in the 2017 and 2018 playoffs with concussions.

He was injured during the first round of the 2015 playoffs and needed shoulder surgery.

So that's something else the Cavs have to consider.

Right now, I'm guessing Love opens the season with the Cavs - but probably is on another team at the end of the season.

[...]

I hear the Cavs are looking to move Korver. He has a contract for $7.5 million this season. In 2019-2020, he also has a $7.5 million deal with $3.4 million guaranteed. Korver would help the Lakers, who need shooters to surround LeBron James. But they keep adding iffy outside shooters: Rajon Rondo, Lance Stephenson and JaVale McGee. So who knows what they are planning.​

DonKnock and Vivi like this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i feel like if he takes the qo it means he's pissed with the Rockets for not giving him the money he wants and will probably bolt next summer anyway.

slothy420 likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

what leverage. all the significant FA's are basically gone. through trades are probably the hopeful for significant moves

20. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I don't recall the last time I was happy about the info you shared, cyber. But thanks, nonetheless.

Bobsputin likes this.