1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the deal with all the Chicken Littles in here right now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 1, 2018.

1. txn

txn Member

And also you can't play Tucker at the center alone anymore. We got some success when we play Tuck at the center during the playoff.

2. basketballholic

You guys that are snarking about the possibility of signing Nunnally need to stop.

Nunnally is for real. He's a better player than Ariza. He's the perfect fit.......defense, shooting, and handle, and finish. And if we can get him for the WHOLE taxpayer MLE, he'll be a bargain. If we get him for less he'll be a flat out steal.
    Not much right now. Multiple teams trying to give away players. Thunder practically begging Minny to take Adams. Trying to buy out melo for 50¢-on the dollar. Nuggets, raptors, wizards all trying to drop out of the tax.

Ariza may be signed to be trade bait to the Lakers at the deadline. Hornets want Batum gone.

Once the big guns are gone, and they are, it's time to play the waiting game and go in the opposite direction of the squeeze.

We need to sign Nunnally and LMM. Both would be value. Nunnally a significant upgrade from ariza.

Satoransky, Jason, Kief all possibilities.

esketit likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I suspect your disappointment and frustration is coloring your evaluation. A few things.

The number of big men who have successfully comeback from an achilles tendon tear: 0 - Cousins is going to do something unseen for someone of his size and he hasn't been known as the most conditioned athlete.

Outside of shot blocking he isn't the best defender (is that going to get better now?). How will he defend on switches? As for his post up game, it wasn't like KAT was having a field day against us - quite the opposite. Cousins is defensible and even a 46% jumper isn't that devastating of a weapon - and again - pre-achilles tear. 33% 3point shooter - pre-achilles tear. Not a great offensive rebounder - pre-achilles tear.

He's not going to give you the rim protection nor the lobs next year. What you will get AT BEST is a big strong body who will get defensive rebound, some jumpers and jump hooks, and some minutes to tire out your big or try to get them in foul trouble. So yes, it's an asset for Kerr to use in some matchups assuming he is ready by the playoffs and again - I stress this - does what no big man has done before him.

cml750, freckleslol and 34to11 like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

never said im expecting him to comeback to pre cousins. in fact i dont expect him to be at that level ever. im fully aware of injuries such as acl/Achilles tears. been around guys that have gone through it for years and their recovery. but i said it previously, he doesn't need to be for that GS team at all. you're looking at it as if he needs to be "all star" cousins. GS throws out lineups with David west at center and they do just fine. Cousins isn't worse than him if youre going to say he isn't the best defender.

just bc they have cousins doesn't change the fact that DG is their real center. Cousins is going to play limited minutes just like any of their other plug and play bigs theyve had before. In fact this works out for him because he gets to coast through the year to get healthy which looks to be his main priority to get a contract for the future. oh and get himself a cheap ring while hes at it. smh

#144 YOLO, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

No. You need to stop. If James nunnally was a better player than Trevor Ariza, he would be starting for an nba team, not getting cut from an nba training camp. You say a lot of ridiculous things. This has to be right up there on your all-time list.

kjayp and Chamillionaire like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right so why is everyone up in arms about GS signing another David West at best?

7. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

The only thing that I'm tripping on right now is the NBA and free agency rules. Good for the players though. Rockets will be in great shape to compete for a championship again. I just hope if we make it back to the showdown we get a little 'more respect from the NBA.'

8. Buck Turgidson

It only seems to be slightly worse than the Regular Chicken Little Level that occurs every time something doesn't go right.

We should all be used to them by now.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ok cousins is David west now

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

His side is in an alternate reality

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

All theese "he isn't guaranteed to get back to form" comments need to stop. GSW was too much already without Cousins. They still have their small-ball hamptons 5.

If Boogie plays out its just whole another dimension to their flexibility. We lost our primary snake defender. We aren't winning more than 1 game against last years Warriors without Ariza + Luc or their big time replacements. And this team is last years GSW with potentialy Boogie added... It takes to be delusional at this point to think we stand a chance without big addidtions

Dopamine and roslolian like this.
  12. esketit

esketit Member

adams?! i feel like he is super important to what they do! why adams?

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

omg i just followed the quote you linked and the entire post is even more ridiculous than the quote!

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

Truth.

I understand the predictable avalanche of consternation from the masses but inwardly I wasn't the least bit bothered by the Cousins signing.
    In fact I was pleased to learn they expended their MLE on him.

There are the obvious (and significant) health concerns, but also the issue of incompatible playing styles, potentially divergent personal agendas, and the addition of another volatile personality to their locker room.
    Although a worthy risk for a team like the Warriors, it is no less a gamble and I think too many people are underestimating the odds of negative results.

15. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Alot of reports on Nunnally that I have read dont think he is really NBA material. Inflated Euro Stats and wont translate.

16. Chamillionaire

Don't feed the troll please. Nobody takes him seriously.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if that translates 50%, you'd still have to let time go by and let him adapt.

Time that Chris Paul and Harden do not have in abundance.

18. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  19. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and that isn't even taking into account the possible chemistry problems. Do people forget so easily that Cousins has been a pain in every locker room he has ever inhabited.

Relax people, him being a huge asset and a game changer is not a guarantee. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and Richie_Rich like this.
  20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the fact is, the defensing champs got better, and you can easily make the argument the rockets got worse. if we cant bring in another prodoctive player, its not looking good. also its not even just the warriors this year. in the east the a healthy celtics is just about as good, and the sixers might get kawhi. the mountain got steeper ladies and gentleman. we have to at least be able to replace ariza, or hope ryno gets his confidence back and becomes a threat.