1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is actually a pretty decent defender these days.

BigggReddd, lionaire and D-rock like this.
  2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I'm ready to argue with any chicken little that doubts Morey. Nick "Swaggy P" "Uncle" Young is a 3pt sharpshooter and a NBA champion. That pedigree will fill the void of Ariza

BigggReddd and lionaire like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not as impressed if Swaggy is being looked at as Ariza replacement, but he would do great in EGo's old role coming off bench as instant offense. Especially if EGo is now going to start.

And Swaggy's 7 foot wingspan is no joke either. When motivated, he can a very good defender against positions 1-3.

jch1911 likes this.
  4. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

If IKO is wrong on this one, might be time to classify him as random guy who has a press pass.

heypartner, GageD and bilaal14 like this.
  5. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

el oh el

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. aroundtheblock2

What do you mean if hes wrong? The Rockets being "interested" doesnt mean they are going to sign him. They may just line up a meeting to talk to him, or maybe the whole thing dies at the point of "interest". He can't really be wrong tbh.

D-rock and malakas like this.
  7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Not a fan, but iirc one of the best volume, deep 3 point shooters in the NBA

D-rock likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

I guess more wings won't hurt but we already have one low IQ chucker off the bench in Green.

9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

I have look at skeptically after:

The Wilson Chandler *interest* report never made any sense because the Rockets could not absorb the contract without sending something back. Denver wanted to decrease its tax bill.

He reported that Ariza was looking 50M-60M, Shams reported that wasn't true.

Clutch reported that the Rockets had NO interest in trading up for Grayson Allen...in which he reported.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. finsraider

finsraider Member

More playable wings is never a bad thing. We can't have too many. Id gladly take Young at the minimum.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

nah man he was dunking on everyone. Yeah he had a post game but he was a finisher at the rim. He relied on explosiveness. Way more than boogie. After brand tore his achilles he had to learn to jump different. No explosiveness

12. riko

riko Member

He can get hot and score really quickly. For the minimum why not

D-rock likes this.
  13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I would say Elton Brand is the same type of player in terms of speed etc. He was a beast before the injury. After he declined so rapidly that it was just sad.

EDIT. Just replied before reading all the pages about brand lol

#8493 Stack24, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

You all crazy, Swaggy P. can't miss in TC just like Hood...or that just happens against the Rockets regardless? Lol

cyberx said we had interest last summer too btw, if i remember well.

joshuaao, BigMaloe, SC1211 and 6 others like this.
  15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Brand was definitely a beast, but 2 years before he was Injured, he was going for 25/10 per game. The following season, he averaged 20/9.3. That 9.3 rpg was the lowest of his career. The year he got injured, he was averaging 17.6 ppg and 8 boards prior to the achilles tear. Look at this trend prior to his injury... Is it far fetched to think that maybe there was already a decline in his game going into his 9th season? His numbers were on the decline... But even if we want to say they weren't, he went from 20/9 to 15/8 post achilles tear (when he was 31 years old, his 12th season in the league).

Boogie is basically a 25/12 player and has way more game than Elton ever did. If we follow the same trajectory that Brand had, that still puts Boogie at about 20/10 type of player. Let's be pessimistic and say 18/9. That's still solid.

Now, he obviously won't get anywhere near those scoring numbers on a team like the Warriors... And some may use that as evidence that he has declined...but the truth is that Boogie doesn't really use explosion to score. He is solid in the post, spots up from the outside, and has a game that doesn't really depend on quick burst. He's also big enough where he can get position fairly easily under the basket. Also, the sample sizes were looking at are incredibly small... Just like we point to Brand, we can also point to D. Wilkins. At the end of the day, I find it unlikely that Cousins will go from a 25/12 guy to someone that is all of a sudden an 8th or 9th guy on the roster like some are making it out to be.

malakas likes this.
  16. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we get swaggy P, gsw fo sure gets jamal crawford..sheesh!

17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Saggy p can play ball....

18. aroundtheblock2

So the guy really isn't reporting anything worthwhile. I don't see any reason for Nick Young to be on the Rockets in any way, it would be especially weird for Morey to give money to a back up player before solidifying a role for the starting position.

I think Morey wants to get the Clint deal done first and then he will move on to what he wants to do with the vacancy left by Ariza. Its weird to me that Ariza took the Phoenix deal so quickly and easily, but I can see given the money offered why he jumped at it. Anyways, given the ease with which Ariza parted, it makes me think Morey has got his sights set on someone.

I'm thinking Morey either gives a shot to a guy like Nunnally, or he breaks the bank a little bit and goes big for a guy like Otto Porter. I really dont see a ton of options out there. Nunnally could be the perfect risk the Rockets are looking for given their cap space available. In fact, most of the teams that are looking at him are playoff teams, most of which have little to no cap space.

13BeardsIN1 and D-rock like this.
  19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I don't care if we get Swaggy P. We can hand out minimums like candy, right?

D-rock likes this.
  20. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Can someone smarter than me condescendingly explain to me what exactly a hard cap is and what the consequences are of becoming a hard capped team? (Other than not being able to go over that number no matter what, but how else would that limit a team when it comes to signings and trades?)

I ask because I am still grumpy that we lost Trevor Ariza. I understand that we can try our best to replace his production, but we haven't yet so I'm still a bit grumpy. From what I understand a sign-and-trade with Phoenix would hard cap Houston, so I just want to understand why we don't want to get hard capped even if it may net Houston some worthy assets for losing Trevor.