1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is how okc was thinking and wouldn't have amnestied perkins and instead they traded harden...gsw are not lock for wcf, jazz okc or lebron can beat them before we meet them...

D-rock likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or without capela we could be knocked off

D-rock and cdrive like this.
  3. Asian Sensation

[​IMG]

4. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

I actually didn’t know that. I guess I’ve heard of that occurring in other sports and assumed it happened in the NBA too. Guess it’s something the Player’s Union negotiated.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Was their backup plan to the backup plan mcw

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Listed 6’5” and has logged minutes at the 3 before. Not ideal, obviously, but we need shooters and who knows if EG will get moved or not.

Just saying it’s a situation worth keeping an eye on since we’re pretty deep into free agency and his plans of getting a big payday are seemingly out the window. Might settle for an MLE or portion of the MLE type deal.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I like him a lot, not knocking the idea

saleem and baller4life315 like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Eric Gordon should not get moved unless its for an all star.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'd love to get ellington, but i'm not sure morey's willing to even spend our mle. maybe he's kicking the can till next offseason and just cutting costs till then

saleem and D-rock like this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

There's absolutely zero chance that's the case. There's no way they're wasting a year of CP3, after coming off the most successful season in 2 decades, just to save money. Philosophically, they're all in. Now it's just a matter of figuring out a way to upgrade.

Trackwell and Plowman like this.
  11. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

We probably will wait for the trade deadline, anyhow. Aside from trades, we can pick up a hotshot FA that wants to play for a winner, and not have to pay him the whole season.

Ehter, D-rock and Trackwell like this.
  12. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Averaged a double/double plus a block per game on only 28 minutes per.

13. rammo

rammo Member

Ellington is one of, if not the best knock down three point shooter in the league. And that’s on a static Heat team that struggles to get him the rock. I watched him a lot last season, man he can pull the trigger fast (and usually contested).

He had some devestating runs and all I could think was “this guy in Houston would absolutely kill it”.

Is he worth the MLE? Prob not but he won’t disappoint in our system playing with CP/Beard.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don’t think we have to get another true 3 as long as we have Tucker and Moute we should be good. Another thing is Harden can play 3 full time at 220 with a 7ft wingspan, and in fact with his shaky lateral quickness it’s probably his ideal position to be defending.

So all in all we shouldn’t shy away from going for another SG like Ellington, Bazemore if that’s the BPA.

Embrace the clutch and hakeem94 like this.
  15. smp

smp Member

Why did he only play 28 minutes per game If he was so effective?

Green just sat in the paint and forced our guys to shoot 3s. He didn't even have to worry about Clint other than staying in front of him to prevent the lob.

Clint was essentially a turnover on each possession GS decided to hack him. I'm not hating on the guy but he has huge holes in his game that are exploited by GS.

We need a big who can shoot vs GS. Clint can't shoot jumpers or FTs. He can help us win a bunch of regular season games but he sucks vs the only team that matters.

TheFreak and BigO like this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically kept Draymond out of the game once he had to stay attached to all the lobs.

Embrace the clutch and hakeem94 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

1 he was effective in the sense that gsw couldnt play their more effective linups and werent able to apply the most effective ways their execute their offense and defense

2 yes they hacked him and exploited him but they did it to harden and cp3(and other rockets) as well just in a different manner

D-rock likes this.
  19. gravityonme

gravityonme Member

@Codman I understand guys were rough on you. But please... some hints to get through the lean periods. It's been painful.

s3ts, brosef and hakeem94 like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope the Rockets will acquire a solid player with the MLE for the upcoming season. I don't think it's a matter of saving money. It's probably going to boil down to if Morey thinks anyone is worth the MLE or not. I don't have as much confidence as you do, in his selection ability. I hope I will be proven wrong.