1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Harden said we don't need Bron and just retain guys we have. We didn't sign Bron and losed Ariza and potentialy Luc. We don't have cap space, missed out on best Free Agents already, don't have assets to trade. We kept Chris... paying him 40 a year while Bron and Durant make less...We signed MCW... about to pay a lot to Capela making our cap even worse.

This off-season is just disastrous so far

2. astros123

astros123 Member

the worst is that cp3 contract.

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

naah.. Anderson is the worst. 20 mill gets you great player and he is non-factor. We would either have great player or great asset to trade for another player/picks. We just smoke 20 mil through 3 years of Hardens prime

D-rock likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I would like to see how you manage to enjoy your real life besides rockets

HP3, mario_v, justtxyank and 7 others like this.
  5. bmelo

bmelo Member

Im just being realistic and since you went to the personal side of things i could go through your posts from the past about how Ryan Anderson will light up Warriors and stuff like that. We all know what reality was

When It's time to praise it's time to praise. But for now Morey got us weaker and our opposition got stronger and that's facts

nomiz1987 and PDJACK7 like this.
  6. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Without CP3 we don’t get anywhere near the WCF. It’s not a bad contract. It was the difference last year. Educate yourself. Our big 3 of CP3, Harden and Capela was damn near unbeatable.

bmelo, D-rock, mario_v and 3 others like this.
  7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I have a feeling DM is targeting Love or Millsap for Ryno + sweeteners under the selling point we can save these teams a lot of money by downgrading. It's no secret Cleveland is looking to blow it up and Denver can't be thrilled with their bang for their buck after year #1 with Millsap.

A move like this, despite being expensive, is probably our best opportunity to turn Ryno into something useful. The other option would be a Dudley/Chandler type dump where we pay to break it up into pieces. No guarantee to get a useful rotation piece in return. I prefer the scenario I suggested. Batum doesn't do much for me; he was pretty awful this past season.

I'd imagine we're saving the MLE for Luc since we've been linked to zero high profile or significant FA's that I am aware of. Which means either: 1) DM just really isn't all that enamored with this free agent class (outside of LeBron and PG13) -or- 2) His "big move" for this current offseason doesn't hinge on the tax-payer MLE. Another possibility is we're playing the wait-and-see game with Melo, although I think there's no way he passes on the Lakers if/when he's cut loose.

The Wayne Ellington situation is worth keeping an eye on too. Negotiations to bring him back to Miami aren't going well and it's looking he's the one shooter that seems to be getting overlooked during this free agency hysteria. He wants a big payday, but he's running out of options and might have to settle. He can play a little 3, is a lights out shooter and plays respectable defense.

I'm not as high on Otto Porter as most. I've followed his career and watched him play, so I get it: he's a fantastic role player and is basically Ariza on steroids. He's a knockout shooter, plays good defense, fits our switch-heavy scheme....all of that works for me. What doesn't work for me is his lack of handle or ability to consistently create his own offense. Similarly to Capela, I fear he's peaked offensively and lacks the skillset to really expand his offensive game beyond what we're seeing now.

I'd also like to see us pursue a backup center. I love Nene, but I think it's time to move on and/or relegate him to player/coach status. As long as Kyle O'Quinn and Brook Lopez are available, I'm interested. We probably can't afford them, but it doesn't hurt to ask (see Boogie). They bring different things to the table, but both would be valuable additions -- especially for what we're in position to offer.

dlite316, hakeem94, topfive and 2 others like this.
  8. smp

smp Member

We need a center who can space the floor against Green. That will open up the lane for layups. When Clint was on the floor vs Green, Green just camped out in the paint. Clint could drift out to the 3 point line and green would just stay in the paint. That is my problem with Capela. He's a great fit vs everyone except GS. I would try to use him and Ryno to get back a center who can shoot and someone to replace Ariza.

Maybe the Spurs would want Some combination of Capela And Ryno or EG?

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I laugh every time I see someone complain about the CP3 contract or how this offseason has been a disaster.

First - Without CP The Rockets don’t sniff the WCF or #1 seed. He’s worth every penney.

2nd - The offseason isn’t even close to being over. If you thought LBJ was coming here you were being naive. There was never any indication he wanted Houston. Losing Trev hurts but it isn’t the end of the world and isn’t what makes it breaks The Rockets from being one of the best in the league. Clint, James and CP are the big 3. The Warriors getting Cousins sucks but nobody has any control over that.

We will be perfectly fine. Relax.

D-rock, Bids9, tmoney1101 and 6 others like this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

What does "BIG" even mean?

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

AND he is a joy to watch, he is so special that even dribbling the ball looks like a spectacle to me, you never know whats he gonna do next

D-rock and dc rock like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you are not realistic, you or your writing was heavily pessimistic and premature, pls feel free to quote me ;)

The reality is we have MVP plus the best trio in nba basketball ever and our offense just got better by not having to play ariza plus we have EOY taking care of the roster spots available...this is the reality and the future is brighter than ever. Your pessimism is just a bad habit and I am the realist here.

#752 hakeem94, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    D-rock, HP3, mario_v and 1 other person like this.
  13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Capela wasn’t much of a factor against GSW and they’re the only team that matters.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If that's all we can get right now for Ryno and multiple draft picks , I'd be content to hold off on making that move and wait for something better to come available - even if that means waiting until the trade deadline. Who knows , maybe Jimmy Buckets or some other quality wing shakes loose and you have the means to make it happen.

15. eman

eman Contributing Member

I wonder if CP3 could/would restructure his deal if it'd help fetch, say, Butler.

16. davisag9

davisag9 Member

The people that think this has been a disastrous offseason probably haven't been NBA/Rockets fans for a very long time. We've gone through way worse, fellas.

D-rock and jch1911 like this.
  17. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

This.....that’s the question. And Harden too. It’s what the Warriors have done to add a Durant while keeping lesser key pieces and it’s what Lebron, Wade, and Bosh did to form a super team in Miami. You players say you want to do everything you can to win? Prove it. Like Morey said, this is an arms race and you’ve fallen behind.

18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

You can only restructure your contract to get paid more than you originally were, not less. So if CP3 has put pen to paper, asking him to restructure is an impossibility.

D-rock likes this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Isn’t Wayne Ellington smaller than Eric Gordon?

20. BigO

BigO Member