1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I heard someone say that we should trade Harden and withdraw Pauls contract and let Capella walk. Im not on that boat because the good thing is they will only be like that one year. There is no way they are going to keep that group together when a few contracts come up but I do think its over for next year. Its going to be tough with two of our players getting all the money but I still have faith after next year.

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No, just like LBJ we were never in the running. LBJ proved by his decision he was always going to LA. I know that now for sure and was mostly aware of it before for years. Same with Boogie. We had no chance because of Capela. We could not resign him and neither can GSW. I hate that I called this one but just the wrong team. I trusted what I heard out of NOLA but they were dumb and let Boogie go for nothing. I knew then if they lowballed him he would go to a team out of spite to prove himself. He never gave us a chance because he wants to start to audition for FA next year. We would have offered the same as GSW.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

BMoney likes this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Im not so sure he will want to do that if he’s out to get paid...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

do what? show that hes capable of being healthy? bc thats the only thing teams need to see. hes not an unknown rookie

6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Well. Maybe you got a point after all

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

5 guys in their absolute prime isn't comparable to 5 guys on the downside of their career/injured

8. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

What Bizarro world do you live in thinking we are considered the favorites? We're down to #3 or #4 now.

9. Garner

Garner Member

He got that #newmath

Easy likes this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I get it. I really do.

This could blow up in the Warriors face, sure...

But 4 of these guys were past their primes.

The Warriors stars are still in their primes and it makes it hard for them to implode because they always win...and winning cures everything.

Only chance they have at imploding is if they start 15-15 or something. You may see some implosion and finger pointing then espeically with the pressure of expected dominance...but with half of the NBA tanking as a strategy they are going to rack up a great record sleeping through most of the season.

11. Lebronto

Lebronto Member

anyone comparing that lakers team to this warriors team is r****ded.

let me explain
    they won a championship
    they won 73 games
    added league mvp KD
    then won another championship

stop

they added cousins for the mle

if he does not work like you said they can just cut him. problem solved. he is only signed for a year. there is no way cousins can hurt this team. if he does not work he is cut. if he hurts morale or is a headache in the locker room he is cut.

back to the 73 win team that added durant. meanwhile the rockets lost ariza. who the hell guards durant? ariza did a good job against him after 2 games. it took him a while to figure him out and study him, but he got it.

s3ts likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, winning USUALLY cures everything. One counterexample is Kobe and Shaq. They broke up at the height of their dynasty simply because their egos were too big.

Fortunately, Harden and CP3 have good chemistry.

13. caneks

caneks Rookie

It is interesting that there are so many interests on this kind of junk stuff, it is not even considered as rumor.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Im simply saying that if he doesn’t get his way... like he’s not fitting in, sucks after his injury, etc., that such a scenario could cause him to behave in a way thats detrimental to the team. Is it unreasonable to think that based on his history of being emotionally wreckless?

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well of course people are hoping for that but it's not likely. They're a historic team with or without him. Doesn't matter. Him being the feature player for a franchise doesn't even come close to being the 5th best player on that team

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

thread title should read:

Rockets no backup plan for worriers' BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

bmelo, hakeem94 and gogispade like this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

you should read my previous posts. i never said it won't work - im in the camp that says the disparity is too big and morey got trolled by kerr.

but hakeem made a point that somehow is reasonable and i acknowledged him;)

18. Rocketfanatic2

Well, the first domino has fallen.

Who joins MCW in the big 6? ;)

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no you dont

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hey einstein, we were better than 73 team plus durant last year, let that sink for a moment

Plowman likes this.