1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 and the convenient NBPA mask he hides behind

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hajkov, Jul 3, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

heres a thread for you
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...the-chicken-littles-in-here-right-now.292120/

DreamShook likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

this wouldn't matter though to you. by all means. continue to be naive

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

there were reports he actually got other offers
    whatever there is no universe in which cousins make them better than the rockets
    the only team that can possibly defeat the rockets is foster brothers

4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't know. Durant, Cousins? I mean its happening this year.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

It's weird. I never said I blamed him for wanting money. I said they say they care about ring more, which is untrue. Please read before comment.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Yep greedy selfish hardens fault how many rings does that sob owe us now. And now another greedy selfish sob cp3. Rockets are real unlucky to have those two

7. JW86

JW86 Member

CP3 knew Lebron was westbound and figured, I'm getting paid. Guess we have to accept it. I agree with OP that thinking CP3 is all about winning and when he makes a statement saying he wants to win as badly as anyone then that's just not true. It's a matter of perspective and I refuse to believe CP3 is all about winning, but I think 90-99% of the league is about money first, winning second. There's rarely a professional player in any sport who plays a great role and would leave money on the table. KD did it, but it's easy after winning a title and owing his whole legacy to the Warriors organisation. That's just his way of paying back. I think Gerald Green might be one of the few who would leave 5 or 10 million on the table so they add another player who could contribute.

One thing, I'm not aware of all the ins and outs, but to say that CP3 taking less money would not have made a difference in terms of cap space kind of puzzles me. He is getting paid $35 million next year. If he had agreed on $120 million let's say, and get paid $25 million this year, then that would left us with $10 million to spend on another free agent or take up to that amount back in a trade correct?

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I've knocked on Durat for taking a betamax b contract.

We brought in CP3 for his "heart" and "alphaness".

Let's be consistent for our guy here...

9. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

No we are over the cap anyways. It literally does not matter. Only thing that matters is Tilman's pocket book.

10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Chris Paul had a chance to go to the Lakers with LeBron. He chose Houston. Stop hating on him.

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Some serious bs flying around this thread. The only thing harming us from signing FAs is that ridiculous Andersen contract. Stop crying about money that’s not up to you to spend. Our only hope going into the summer of getting a key addition was Lebron forcing his way here, which it seems like he was set on LA for a while.

We were not going to pay Ariza 15 mil no matter what, unless you expected CP3 to take a 15 mil cut, yeah I’d like to see you accept 15 million less than what the market dictates...We could have offered Cousins the exact same contract he got with the Warriors...

12. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

No it wouldn’t, we would still be over the cap. Next question!

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Can't take a paycut because he's the NBPA president!

KD, Cousins and the Warriors have created a culture where you need to take a 5-10mil per year paycut to win.

Any other teams with superstars taking the max like ours have a huge disadvantage.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lots of beta cupcake b1tches in this thread

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Then every player in NBA history is a liar because signing for the league minimum is the only way to prove a ring is the sole driving factor. That gives your team the maximum ability to add talent.

If a player says the ring is the most important thing, they are lying, all of them.

16. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Not really. This means he was considering teams, not that he got offers from them. Man, can’t you actually argue? Jesus Christ

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

typical response for a simple mind. believe what you want to believe. and another. but once again, this wouldn't matter to you. #naive #jesuschrist

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Chris Paul is 33 years old. This dude is way more mature and clear minded than most 33 year olds i've had a chance to meet. Dude is a natural leader. More than Battier, i could see this guy making a real difference beyond his hoops career. I'm beyond impressed by this guy and this argument is dumb.

19. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

By your own source that offer was in January and was rescinded. The article I posted indicated that cousins did not get offers as a free agent. All you have is conjecture. Maybe you can also show me some show some pictures to let me know that we never landed on the moon #FreeYourMind #DontBeNaive

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

but but but cousins......been awhile since ive gotten this much of laugh at someone so gullible and naive. you still believe in the tooth fairy?