1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i'm gonna just remind myself that patience is appropriate here, given Morey's excellent track record of always finding creative ways to improve the team. I'm sure there are a few trades being discussed. I'm sure that there are some free agency moves that are connected to those trades. Someone said that they think this free agency is going to move much slower than usual, and i think that makes sense when you consider how few teams have cap space and how good free agency looks next off season for the players.

IN MOREY WE TRUST!

2. onreego

onreego Member

Well, life is about to come at him fast.

3. KrisD

KrisD Member

If I am the rockets, lock up Capela and LMaM then do whatever you can to get Tyreke Evans with the MLE

hvic and solodolo11 like this.
  4. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

That sounds good to me, especially since the Warriors allegedly want Evans.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

A-listers can make a movie successful based solely on their celebrity. LeBron's a decent enough actor (actually a really good one for a pro athlete), but he couldn't even get people into the theaters for "Trainwreck." Anyone who thinks "Starring LeBron James" is enough to get asses in the seats simply doesn't know the movie industry.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We need a capable backup pg much more than a washed up forward. I am fine with having IT backing up CP whose health is a huge concern. But I serious doubt that IT would be willing to be in a backup role.

solodolo11 and macan like this.
  7. Fantasma Negro

8. KrisD

KrisD Member

I hope he takes a look at us.

9. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

does Laker even have money to sign him? are they letting randle walk?

10. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Yes, they can offer the non tax payer MLE, as well as the vet minimum. Or they can clear $12M by letting Randle walk.

CRJ713 likes this.
  11. psman2

psman2 Member

Lakers are operating under the cap, they have no type of MLE available. They did have the room exception but they used it on Stephenson. I think they have a couple million left though if they wait on signing some of the league min guys.

12. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

yeah he did but at this point who's gonna sign him? if he's smart he knows he doesn't have many options. like I said in a previous post, he's close to experiencing a derrick rose-esque fall from grace.

In response to others posting about his defense, its true his defense was trash but im down for signing him mainly for the regular season. So that way we can sit CP3 as needed and he's about the only real playmaker we can possibly afford at this point lol. His minutes may be reduced in the PO but playing him 10-12 minutes could do wonders for CP3.

13. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

agreed but do you really want Ego having more than 10 touches? I mean dudes a great shooter but he's average when driving, usually throws it off his own foot lol. And he isn't a great passer. Im not saying this to endorse the signing of IT, just in general Ego's touches should mainly come from the threes or layups CP3/JH provides for him.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

it looks like the rockets are trying to figure out capela's deal first so they know if they can even use the MLE and if so can they avoid the LT and use the non-taxpayer version. a lot depends on how cheap we get clint now that options for the max deal are seemingly all gone. if he gets a deal similar to aaron gordon we might be able to avoid the LT and use the MLE.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Stay away from Isiah Thomas, the midget mindless chucker.

lw17 likes this.
  16. hvic

hvic Member

I believe morey is in la right now too from his iG breakfast picture

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

This thread is a joke now.

s3ts and izeroi like this.
  18. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Morey is finding some Europe scrubs now I guess.

lw17 likes this.
  19. Classic

Classic Member

Where's Bonzi Wells?

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Smh a bunch of bs Rockets are broke.

lw17 and justtxyank like this.