1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best guess on what Daryl Morey does next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Spooner

Spooner Member

I would LOVE Kentavious Cadwell Pope if we could somehow get him in free agency. Fantastic defensive player and great 3 ball. If not for his legal troubles last year I doubt we'd have the money to sign him. If that problem lowers his value around the league with owners and if he wants to win, perhaps Morey could get him locked up.

2. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ryno seems like a great guy and your right he’s no cancer but he was absolute garbage last year and gets paid superstar money but that’s the Roxs fault for giving him that contract. But I agree with most here he’s gotta go as soon as possible he did absolutely nothing in the playoffs and even fell out of the rotation all for 18 mill a year !

3. rammo

rammo Member

Ellington and KCP are absolute gold in the MDA system, especially with JH and CP setting the dinner table.

Want.

4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Hoping to get Ellington and KCP.... But i think the price tags might be a bit high for the Rockets...but there is a possibility that it wont.

Good thing the market has dryed up and teams arent going to be throwing stupid money out to non max players.

Rockets might be in play.

Wouldnt mind bellineil either.

Bearius Jones and bulkatron like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Please tell me KCP's stats, especially under pressure. I like Ellington.

bilaal14 and ApacheWarrior like this.
  6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Realistically it will be hard to make the money and role work for any guards

7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Oh yeah, go after Tyreke Evans. Especially if Rockets send out Eric Gordon in trade.

saleem and bulkatron like this.
  8. rocketseagles07

I really would like a player who can get to the hoop. We saw what happens when everybody goes cold. We just kept shooting... Gordon was the only player getting to the rack

vjohnson, RyanB, mario_v and 2 others like this.
  9. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

I’m thinking the exact same thing. Any guard or wing that they bring in will be playing in Gordon/Ariza/Luc/Green spot. They really have to make sure any player they bring in will be more of a positive than the guys we have/had.

10. rocketseagles07

GG is my guy but I’m playing KCP over him all day. He’s a streaky gunner just like Gerald but a much better defender

Spooner, hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Some great names being mentioned as targets in this thread. And i have no doubt Morey will kick the tires on many of them. But i sincerely hope that we get the 4 spot sorted out this offseason. i know that positionless basketball is the way of the future, but you still need length and versatility in the front court. Right now we don't have it. PJ Tucker may be able to guard 4's in a pinch, but he doesn't really have the length for it. Mbah a Moute can guard 4's, but he's a free agent. Who's gonna fill that hole up front?

Looking at the free agent 4's that we could possibly acquire, none of them are are without weakness. There are a number of 4's available who shoot the ball well, but don't play great D. And there are plenty of those post-up banger 4's that are becoming less relevant in the league. All things being equal, the guy i'd take a shot on is Jerami Grant. Why?

He's only 24, and he's improving
    He's a very good defender; athletic and versatile enough to stay with almost anyone (blocks shots and steals the ball)
    He plays bigger than his size. He may be 6'8" but he has a 7'3" wingspan and serious hops
    He's an improving offensive player; FG % going up every year and he finds ways to score (already averaging 15 per 36)

All things being equal, i think you take a bet on this kid and resign mbah a moute, and there's your 4-spot.

12. SS0101

SS0101 Member

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This has kind of turned in to a self-fueled rumor. Surprised it has 33 likes, lol.

bulkatron likes this.
  14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

KCP would be fantastic

15. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Anderson for Batum
    Let Ariza and his 11% 3 pt shooting walk
    Sign Mike Scott - actually knows what a basketball is

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  16. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

What do y’all think about Jabari Parker? What kind of contract do you think he gets?

17. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Based on Ryno’s performance last year, I highly doubt you will get anything of value, swapping bad contracts or otherwise, in return via trade. This is a Brock Osweiler situation and the cost to get rid of him might be higher than the cost of keeping (or shall I say) being “stuck” with him

18. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

From the Big Lead:

Wayne Ellington
    The 3-point line has become weaponized across the NBA, and guys who can knock down shots are more valuable than ever. Few are better at hitting from beyond the arc than Wayne Ellington.

Despite his journeyman status, the 30-year-old Ellington was excellent for the Miami Heat this season. He had a career-year, finishing tied for sixth league-wide in 3-pointers made (227). The only players to hit more were James Harden, Paul George, Kyle Lowry, Kemba Walker and Klay Thompson.

Ellington hit 39.2 percent from deep while setting career-highs in true shooting percentage (58.8), value over replacement player (1.0) and win shares (4.5). And all of that as a bench guy averaging 26.6 minutes per game.

He could be a great bench piece for a contender.

19. GottaHaveHeart

Muhammad is low risk high reward did well once traded to Bucks

20. rocketseagles07

Hella talented but he’s an injury risk and a bad defender.

t0mdotcom likes this.