1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jeremy Lin] "One of the best things I ever did was confront James Harden"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

An American born in America isn't "native" to another country just because that's his ethnic heritage and shouldn't be expected to speak that language. By that logic all my white friends should speak German, French, Polish, whatever.

This is the type of "they aren't REALLY American" racist mentality that is plaguing the nation right now.

Easy, YOLO and Ankich like this.
  2. Ankich

Ankich Member

"Native" is not a biological concept. I'm not a "native" German because my last name has the word "burger" in it.

kevC likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And the Lin thread derails like all Lin threads do into something not about basketball

Thank you Brooklyn Nets!

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wtf? cfans fully embraced Yao Ming. There was never racism towards him. Same with Jeremy Lin. And I'm not following why you'd equate @roslolian mistaking Lin's native language as racism, anyhow.

Why would you tell a newbie some exaggerated story like that?

If anything, some YOFs and LOFs brought the xenophobia/racism that is rich in China here...especially the LOFs who were already attacking NYC and Melo fans.

roslolian and tinman like this.
  5. kevtse

kevtse Member

wrong grammer - should be confronting

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not saying he should speak Chinese just for kicks its because he is promoting there and has activities there and he IS Chinese. Chinese is part of his culture maybe you don't think its a big deal but for us Asians its important to still love your culture even if you are already a citizen of the united states. How did you turn "he should learn chinese because he is promoting in China" to "he isn't really american?" If someone learns Chinese he is not American anymore? Are US citizens only supposed to speak English otherwise its racist?

What the heck is racist about it? Are people racist for calling him Asian? He is 100% american I guess everybody that calls him Asian is racist now because he isn't Chinese natively. I guess all the people cheering for the Linsanity era are racist too, they were treating him like he is Chinese when he is just an american.

If your white friend is promoting in Germany then he should also learn some German because not every German is gonna understand English, its part of marketing himself to the German people and trying to build rapport with them as opposed to being just another "outsider".

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

The poster is some internet white knight defending Americans everywhere from racism. Btw don't ever call Jeremy Lin Asian ever again that is racist he is a proud citizen of the United States of America and he has the same genes as Donald Trump.

8. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Omg this person. I am speechless with your logic. You need to Google the stuff you wrote and then never come back to this forum.

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This now belongs to the D&D

Dumb and Dumber

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I wished he confronted more instead of twittering out his passive aggressiveness. Good he learned that respectful confrontation is the way to go. Good message to the kids.

Zboy likes this.
  12. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Dude, nationality, citizenship, heritage, and native language are all different things. Get your head around it!!!

Lin is a Chinese American who was born in US raised to speak English as his first language. His mother tongue is English.

He is promoting in Taiwan doesn't mean he needs to speak Mandarin. His Mandarin is pretty bad anyway.

What is your problem exactly???

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

You're never going to convince me that Clutchfans isn't racist towards Asians as long as tinman is still kicking around posting.

14. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

This video sums it up

15. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Why ya kept on worshipping tinman? He was forced out of ysomingmania forum before joining here.

16. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I am Korean-American. I was actually born outside of this country and am a naturalized citzen but am not "native" to here, so it's reasonable for me to be able to expected to speak Korean. Jeremy Lin was born in California and was raised there. I understand our culture emphasizes learning our roots and culture but it's unreasonable for someone to think American-born people with whatever heritage should speak their parents'/ancestors' language.

You need to learn the difference between nationality, citizenship, heritage, ethnicity, and "nativity".

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

He for some reason has a long leash with the mods/Clutch here. Well racism against Asians generally is tolerated and even celebrated here so it's not surprising.

krnxsnoopy, robgue and Snow Villiers like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Racist thinking is the type of thinking that makes you lump "Clutchfans" as a group.

No need for that.

roslolian and Plowman like this.
  19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

As long as the leadership here allows tinman to post, I will consider Clutchfans racist.

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

A friend of mine once said the same thing thing and got banned. Be careful breh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.