1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can’t CP3 Just Ask LBJ If He Wants To Play In Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jake Stewart, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with contracts and legality issues, breaching confidentiality, etc.

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Based on history alone of LeBron's decisions. All of the stuff in the media is just conjecture, click bait, and bullshit. LeBron has never leaked his plans and that won't change in this situation. I honestly have ignored all of it and will just wait till it's all said and done. I'm pretty sure he already knows where he is going or has his list made up in order. He's not talking to anyone and that's his M.O. every time.

3. Houston09

Houston09 Member

I'm sure cp3 knows

Fullcourt likes this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

CP3 should ask that question to Lebron's wife. Lol

justtxyank likes this.
  5. MD_in_Training

Which applies to every single player. The extent to which he goes is mind boggling... the fact that he feigned going back to CLE in front of Wade right before the Decision just makes you think it's coming mostly from himself.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

SAS was onto Lebron joining Wade with Bosh in Miami weeks before it got announced and he also said that Lebron was going back to Cleveland.

I won't say it never leaks out.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He didn't tell Wade because he had no reason to. Miami could re-sign him with no hassle. There is an incredible amount of cap gymnastics necessary to get LeBron to Houston, and the only legal way to make it happen is to have CP3 actively involved with LeBron's management team. IF LeBron is considering Houston, he'd have to let CP3 know ahead of time to relay it to Morey.

Bobsputin likes this.
  8. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I know one thing, we will know where we (Rockets) stand by June 29. I feel the only realistic way for us to get him is for him opting in and we trade for him. So by next week, we'll know if it will be us or not.

theDude and Bobsputin like this.
  9. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once he says he's a free agent, we are out of it. But I also wouldn't expect a long delay after announcing an opt in that you would hear about a trade if that's what he's opting in for. I think we'll know pretty quickly where we stand.

PDJACK7 and justtxyank like this.