1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard buyout

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Toffeeone, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn't do anything...... he doesn't box out or come out to defend at all...... because all he wants are big rebounding numbers. He destroys his own defense because he will not switch, and no one else on the court can switch either, because they know Dwight isn't going to switch. He has multiple possessions a game where he isn't interested and is distracted.

He is capable of finishing inside when he rolls to the basket, but he is inconsistent doing it, causing turnovers that are credited to the passer... when he does get the ball, he turns it over a lot, and doesn't pass out of the double team. He does post ups, which he is bad at...... he cannot shoot free throws.

He is not liked or respected by any of his teammates because he is a clown and doesn't really care if he wins or loses.

He is just BAD......... If GS wants to try and get him to buy into their system, and only play against certain match ups, it may very well work for them...... but he isn't a real starter at this point.

Why not? and DrNuegebauer like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Funny that he turned GSW down five years ago and now he will be going there (if he does) for an exception.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

I saw that story and KNEW someone would start a How about Dwight Howard? thread. So predictable around here.

That said, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Golden State, sign this guy! Adding Dwert to that lineup would automatically eliminate any chance of the Warriors winning it all next year. Don't believe me? Ask any of the last four teams that had him in their locker room.

Why not? and DrNuegebauer like this.
  4. photojoe

photojoe Member

You mean be himself?

"I didn't get enouch touches. I didn't get enough post ups. I can still be a player to help a team win"

How many teams do we need to watch Howard do this to before we finally just realize and accept that is who he is. Would not take him on the Rockets if he counted negative toward the cap

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

?????? When did Houston trade Dwight??

He opted out of his last year and signed with ATL! He left because he was a cancer, and continues to be a locker room cancer to this day. DO NOT WANT

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Insert fart sounds

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha i was wondering the same and posted it in the DH dish thread.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets didn’t trade Dwight.

MONON and saleem like this.
  9. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

10. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

As a Rocket fan, this is my reaction.

[​IMG]

#30 House Rockets, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    chinesemamba likes this.
  11. YaosDirtyStache

12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be all for that. Chemistry killer.

saleem and chinesemamba like this.
  13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

No thanks as already tried this and that ship sailed a long time ago. If we bring him back, why not trade for Chandler Parsons and fire D'Antoni and hire McFail again? Maybe we can find where Terrence Jones is hiding out these days and bring him back too!

Here's hoping that Dwight goes to the Warriors and blows that team's chemistry up!

saleem likes this.
  14. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Why is their a thread on this? Dwight days are long gone and his attitude is one of the worst in the locker room.

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lol he's going to the warriors to win a ring. Dwight is like KD, super insecure about his legacy so winning a ring there, he'll think he's reached his peak.

Warriors with a healthy and obedient Dwight would be pretty scary as well. Big upgrade over Zaza and McGee.

amaru likes this.
  16. amaru

amaru Member

We couldn’t beat them in that scenario imho

17. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Is the Dwight I see in interviews very different behind the scenes? He seems like a good guy. Is there a good article about what he's actually like? I don't get it. He seems goofy, but he's now been tossed aside by three teams since leaving Houston two years ago. A lil strange.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

you dont notice his antics and demeanor on court? couple that with losing and his own idealogy about how to play the game. full recipe of disaster

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can he ride on GSW bandwagon, for minimum money, all players are taking a paycut.

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Well Dwight can come... only if.

1. Finally gets with the program and realizes that he sucks and is ineffective with the balls in his hands.
    2. Only plays pick and roll and defense.
    3. Takes the Vet min.
    4. Knows and understands that he will be a back up on this team.
    5. Grows the f**k up.

jb86, joshuaao and jch1911 like this.