1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[COD BOMB] Rockets have a backup plan for BIG 6 if signing Lebron fails in the summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you don't think it's disappointing after what happened in the WCF, then I don't know what to say.

Yes, I'm glass half empty kind of guy. To each his own.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm glass half full. I think what they accomplished was awesome, and I'm very proud of what they did. Having said that, I can't imagine not being disappointed when you know you're an injury away from winning a title, something that's only happened 2x in 50 plus years of franchise history.

3. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Last year was disappointing.

I'll never tell my kids years from now "back in my day the Rockets were an all-time great team with Harden and Paul. Made it all the way to the WCF and really really close to the finals"

RKREBORN likes this.
  4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Don't even think it makes sense to talk about it in terms of glass half full or glass half empty.

It's not like it's you out there, trying your best, etc. And as much as we like to have and "honor" the long-time players of a team, that era is pretty much over anyway.

The goal is to finish the season in the playoffs with a win. Anything else requires context. Rebuilding? On the up and come but not there yet? Etc.

This season ended in disappointment, no question. It was a very entertaining season on the whole, just at the end there was disappointment.

It happens.

And again, it's not like you are out there doing it. But for comparison sake, it'd be like say I was a college student taking a course I loved, I did really well in all semester, then on the final just got tripped up on something that I honestly couldn't have gotten right in any scenario at that point in time, so end up with a B+ instead of an A.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Please consider that a "Big 3" is subjective to an individual and/or fan base. At some points, Clint was considered part of a "Big 3" with James/CP. Other times, EGor showed signs of being part of that group.

True (and obvious), our heavy contracts do not allow for signing LBJ and PG/____ , ____. Morey must be creative.

LBJ is the priority for every team, but expectations need to be tiered in the event LBJ signs elsewhere.

(Nothing new)
    *Be patient. As I mentioned, I've heard that Kawhi's situation needs to be addressed for prospective free agents.
    **Don't count the Spurs out; One guy suggests that RC will make a huge appeal to KaL before flipping of the switch.

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

glad to hear you are alive and well my friend. looking forward to the pics of you at our parade in 50 weeks

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's disappointing the circumstances that occurred. Chris Paul going down with a 3-2 lead is, in a vaccum, the most disappointing thing imaginable.

The season itself was not disappointing, though. Just unfathomably unlucky. All the moves the Rockets made were correct. The team did nothing wrong, and no reason to be disappointed in them.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm disappointed about one major hamstring, Luc's not-so-un-injury in the playoffs, and most of all watching the media talking up the infallible dynasty of the Golden State Warriors, who had to save face by saying the only reason they went seven games was because they needed Iggy and four All Stars just wasn't enough.

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, saleem and 5 others like this.
  9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Agree with this statement 99%. The only thing we can question is the acquisition of Tarik Black.

10. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Thank you! #codmanstrong

D-rock, BigMaloe, amaru and 4 others like this.
  11. Houston09

Houston09 Member

Is lebron a possibility?

amaru likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sounds like #NewMath

13. brosef

brosef Member

Thanks for the update Cod. When do you think things start heating up?

14. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

You will tell your kids if the Rockets make it the next year. ;-)

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

@Codman where do you think PG and LeBron land?

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Maybe game 6 and 7 were disappointing because we shot so terrible but the season as a whole was wildly successful. We have a game plan to beat the warriors now. We just need to fine tune the roster. I’m already getting excited about next season.

17. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Hey Codman,

Thank you for your post.
    As always, your inside knowledge, opinions and incite are always welcome and appreciated.

Having read your posts over the last couple of years, several posters, including myself have you in our thoughts regarding your health.
    I do hope you are doing well and can provide us updates on your fight with cancer.
    You used to post quite frequently, but I noticed you have not been posting as often, so I got worried about you.

My dad has stage 4 cancer (Lungs, Lymph nodes, bone, prostate and colon).
    He originally had a form of cancer that was easily treatable (prostate) and it was also caught early.
    The doctors royally f'd up. They said my dad was cured, so they took him off meds, but he wasn't cured and then it spread.
    It is a tough battle and I know that people that are battling this fight can always use the support of family and friends.

The good thing about Houston is that it has the cancer cancer treatment center in the world.
    I am sure the folks on the board would do anything to help out a fellow poster.
    Don't hesitate to ask for a prayer or help.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not disagreeing with anyone who says that the season on the whole was a success and exciting. But I can't help but be pessimistic about the future, not just the Rockets but the NBA in general.

This year's playoffs was boring as hell. Blowout after blowout. I guess this is the result of the so-called high variance game. If you hit your 3s, you blow your opponent out. If you don't you get blown out.

But let's come back to the Rockets. Assuming Chris Paul is going re-sign with us. He will be one year older. The probability of him being fully healthy will be even lower than this season. Ariza is clearly declining. And we have a huge dead weight in Anderson. Gordon, Tucker, and Moute are what they are. You can't expect them to give more than what they already have. Harden looks like he was at the peak of his career. Can he get even better? The only hopeful improvement is Capela. I think he can be better next season... if we can keep him.

I don't think fine-tuning of what we have will propel us to beating the Warriors. Let's be honest, they looked like the better team out there. Even with CP3 playing, we barely beat them in two of the three victories. The series could easily ended in a 4-1 loss. To put it simply, beating them is hard. But losing to them is easy. That's the sign of being the inferior team. And whether you are a conspiracy theorist or not, I don't think anybody is holding his breath in expectation that the officiating will somehow help our cause. So apart from getting LeBron or PG13, I don't see how the team can significantly be better than this season's team. And the Warriors aren't going to change much.

Speaking of that, I have said it here multiple times. I hate arm-race team building. I hate superfriends teams. (Yes, LeBron, I'm look at you. You started all this crap with The Decision. And you are the face of the NBA.) This is why I am disappointed with the NBA in general. And the refs... don't get me started.

/long rant

Sorry, MadMax. I was going to reply you briefly and ended up babbling. :oops:

MadMax and jsilencio like this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

#THICCCOD

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@Codman

Would the Rockets consider “poison pill contract” offer to Aaron Gordon?