1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[B*tch Move] What's been the biggest b*tch move in the NBA in the past 18 years?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by steddinotayto, Jun 15, 2018.

?

Biggest B*tch Move?

1. 2010 - The Decision by LeBron James

14 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. 2016 - Next Chapter by Kevin Durant

190 vote(s)
    80.2%
  3. 2018 - Hamstrung by Kawhi Leonard

16 vote(s)
    6.8%
  4. 2012 - Dwightmare by Dwight Howard

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. 2015 - Locked Up by Deandre Jordan

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  6. 2014 - Night at the Douchebury by Chandler Parsons

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. 2011 - Make me a Knick by Carmelo Anthony

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  8. 2004 - Half Man, Half Assing by Vince Carter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2011 - Basketball Reasons by Chris Paul

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  10. 2009 - Not so fast b****es! by Tracy McGrady

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If he wanted a ring at all cost that was I guess the correct decision, but joining the best nba team and one that embarrassed u in playoffs = beta btch thing ever. Could have joined any other competing team and he wouldn't get much flack. But joining the warriors and penning "the hardest road" = beta btch through and through. It's not like he was a man past his prime and needed to ring chase, just a beta btch in his prime joining a super team cause he scared to do it himself.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kevin Durant's cowardly act..
    The beginning of the rest of the list.

The one list which Durant will never have to worry about finishing second in.

#42 Zboy, Jun 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    francis 4 prez likes this.
  3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Dude u are on crack. Do you honestly think Kawhi would be the player he is without Pop? Pop demands and deserves Kawhi’s respect.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

^ this

5. macan

macan Member

it's hard to top KD's move

6. How Sweet It Is!

Changed my vote. Whatever you think of KD, he played hard for OKC and only left as a FA, by rights.

B-Bob likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Stolen from reddit

vlaurelio likes this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The thing about Kevin Durant's move that irks me the most - if he'd have just gone to Cleveland to join Lebron even we'd give him less ****. At least then he'd be like "I need more help to beat the Warriors but I'm not shrinking from the challenge of defeating them."

But no. He joined a 73 win team that had just humiliated him in the playoffs in one of the worst cases of "If you can't beat em', join em'" I've ever seen.

Jake Tower, Eric Riley and vlaurelio like this.
  9. FearTheBeardJH

Cleveland had the highest salary in the NBA while Warriors had cap space to sign a max player. Do rules not matter anymore? Anyway Cleveland was seen as a better team. The day after Warriors won 2015 title, Cavs were the odds favorite to win in 2016 even though Kyrie and Love were injured at the time. Even after Durant joined, there was decent amount of people who thought Cavs are still going win again.

The only reason Warriors won 73 is because they were lucky. Lucky that Steph, Klay and Draymond only missed 5 games combined. Lucky that out of 19 games that finished within 6 points they won 17. Lucky that Draymond shot 39% from 3 even though he is 30% 3pt shooter(that alone gave them like 5 extra wins). Just like Harden said years ago They ain't even that good. In the 2016 playoffs Warriors got outscored by two teams in bo7. Current Rockets are better than pre-Durant Warriors, they could break wins record if Harden, Paul and Capela didn't miss 40+ games. Yet nobody here has a problem with LeBron, a better player joining a better team than Durant did.

MikeT likes this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

You're out of your element. Just cuz they end with the same letter does not mean they rhyme. How are you pronouncing these names?!?

11. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

KD easily

12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's not like team doctors don't make poor decisions, either. We just saw what happened to Isaiah Thomas when he took one for the team. He probably lost at least $50 million in salary because of a misdiagnosis from team doctors.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Look, I don't recall all the specifics. But really I'm just giving an example.

As to the Warriors being lucky to win 73 - they set the record for the most wins all time (beating Jordan's Bulls) and won 67+ for three straight seasons. That goes a little beyond luck.

Easy likes this.
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Dmo gets an honorable mention...but my vote went to Kawhi (and of course KD will always be in contention for the top spot)

16. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

Boozer. That was pretty bad.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I'm in a tiny minority here, but nothing tops having a TV special to announce your "decision" to form a superteam. Nothing.

Easy and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I dunno how people are talking about LeBron's decision and The Decision.

KD might have been a FA, but his decision ruined the competitiveness of the NBA. Kawhi is still under contract with his team, and not only did he alienate his team and coach, but his reputation of "quiet and loyal" is starting to get questioned.

Also, with the media saying "Kawhi says he wants to go to LA," he really dicked the Spurs. Most teams that might be interested in trading for Kawhi, are now afraid that he'll just bail after one year.

Kyrie almost did the same thing to the Cavs, but all he said was he wanted out. He never specified a team to go to.

KD > Kawhi >>>>> every other "b**** ass" situation.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Great argument. Good effort, play harder! (Clap clap)

It was b**** ass in neon letters to handle business w an f'ed up TV program. Navel gazing extraordinaire.

KD is weak but he just decided to go play for the equivalent of Apple or the Yankees. His right, and he didn't make some big reality TV process out of a personal business decision.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

I like how you call me out on my argument, yet offer literally nothing of substance, yourself.

You want a better argument? Here it is:

LOL @ big reality TV process. It was a one-hour special on ESPN, with all the proceeds going to charity. You're acting like it was a week long event with all hours of ESPN programming dedicated to LeBron. It was a cable TV program that you didn't have to tune in to. It was a guy teaming up with 2 other guys on an underperforming, non-established team. Doesn't move the needle, when compared to what KD and Kawhi did.

You want to argue semantics about how it was KD's right? Well, it's LeBron's right to choose any team he wanted to. It was LeBron's right to put together The Decision on ESPN, and it was ESPN's choice to air it. It was LeBron's choice to donate the 6 million dollars, raised through adverts on that 1 hour show, to various charities. Doesn't move the needle, when compared to what KD and Kawhi did.

Kevin Durant not only took a WC power, in the Durant/Westbrook Thunder, completely out of the equation, but brought even more power to a 73-9 win team. That's the equivalent of a young Shaq (27p/11r) going to the 72-10 Bulls team in 1996, because the Bulls swept them, in '95.

I don't care how quiet and unobtrusive or how loud and obnoxious you are at determining where you want to go, in FA. No amount of douchebaggery will amount to completely obliterating the competition in what's supposed to be the most competitive basketball league in the world.

You and the several posters who say LeBron > everyone else are failing to see the forest through the trees. While The Decision may have been a dick move, Durant committed the ultimate b**** move. With Kawhi not far behind.

Feel free to counter back. Please tell me more about how KD didn't completely shift the balance of power in the NBA, or how Kawhi didn't completely screw his team over. And please tell me more about how LeBron's Decision is worse than either of these.

#60 Juxtaposed Jolt, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2018