1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scotto "Grizzlies may be using the 4th pick to get rid of Parsons"...can/should we explore this?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Vivi, Jun 14, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Then why didnt you reply back with another skit or at least go with the same one? Dont you know that when someone cites a Chappelle line, you have to answer back with another line of that skit or a different skit entirely? Its a known unknown.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

The Rockets should trade for Parsons to help with the Lebron recruitment.

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

If I were the Grizzlies' GM, I'd call the Blazers and Raptors to see if they're blowing it up after getting swept in the playoffs.

DeRozan or McCollum would be the target. This might be the only way Memphis is able to acquire a 3rd star next to Conley and Gasol to make one last run before needing to blow it up themselves in a few years.

Salaries are close enough...

Parsons: $24,107,258 (2 years remaining)
    McCollum: $25,759,766 (3 years)
    DeRozan: $27,739,975 (2+1 player option)

Portions is an ugly pill to swallow, but the Blazers and Raptors should realize they have no chance with the Warriors, Rockets, Celtics, Sixers, and LeBron's next team -- all being heavy favorites in their respective conferences.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Why? He's not better than Ryan.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Works here straight up... but it won't make much sense on their end.[/QUOTE]

Grizzlies get plus 1 and the Rockets get minus 2. Lol!

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The 4th has to become a Superstar, if it becomes a bust Morey definitely will be on the Hot Seat and will lose his job over this. Parsons cannot even bend his knees on free throws that's how bad his knees are, plus Harden doesn't like Parsons, other Rockets don't either, I would buy him out if possible.

8. How Sweet It Is!

Eric Gordon is not a top 7/8 SG, you mind-numbingly ignorant trailer-trash.

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely... as we can find a third partner to take Chandler Parson from us. We keep fourth pick they get ryan anderson, parson eric gordon and pick for lebron and some scrub...

10. malakas

malakas Member

The Grizzlies will either acquire a star or a good roleplayer + a top 10-12 pick.

It can be a horrible idea or not depending on if the players available are going to be superstar. Regardless Memphis clearly is set on a plan which is contend now with their core.

The Rockets can't be trade partners with them anyway. I don't think that even as a faciliator.

Imo teams like Charlotte, the Cavs the Clippers and so on will be calling them right now.
    For example Kemba + 11 or Love + 8 etc

Who knows..maybe if Thibs get fired even Butler may get traded

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Trolls are gonna troll, but name me 6-7 better SGs than Gordon. I'll wait.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Agreed with all of you.

This isn't a top heavy draft with Ayton and Doncic leading the charge. Bamba, Porter Jr, Bagley, Young, Sexton...the projected lottery picks can all make an impact on their teams, in their rookie year.

Memphis would NOT make a smart move, if they give away #4 JUST to move Parsons.

13. CertifiedTroll

Chunky Parsons doesn't fit into his modeling jeans any more :( Do not want.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sad huh.

Um, don't you think a #4 overall pick would entice Cleveland to trade Lebron to Houston?(assuming he wants in of course) I would think that would be a pretty hefty trade chip that Morey could keep in his Rockets red blazer pocket. No?

[​IMG]

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Harden. Klay. CJ. Butler. Derozan. Mitchell. Brown. Oladipo. Beal. Booker. Not sure which Denver guard is their official shooting guard.

Just to be clear I have no dog in this fight. I like EG. But pretty sure any GM would prefer to have any of the players I just named. That’s not to say they would fit our system better.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Grizzlies owner is expecting a 50 win team next year. Really.

So it wouldn't surprise me to see the Grizz dealing that pick for a Vet that can help right now and other picks.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think they should just make the pick, trade Marc Gasol/Conley or both, and start rebuilding.

The 4th pick could be a franchise player in this draft. I would rather take the chance at drafting a franchise player than taking back a failed one.

It goes easier on your cap too, easier to build teams around a franchise player that you drafted.

Rebuild, the Parsons contract doesn't matter then. Using the 4th pick to get out of a contract like that...I don't see the logic of it I guess.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

how the hell does this thread have three pages already? shut 'er down mods, shut 'er down

19. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Yea. With a healthy gasol and conley right now tgey are never going to be lottery top 5 pick bound. This is their shot to get a young valuable player.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Man, you're offending me :D
    :(

Os Trigonum likes this.