1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] LeBron James to the Rockets? Here's how it could happen this summer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 11, 2018.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Talked to a friend in LA, said that Lebron agent has already been talking to Lakers management about future possibilities in terms of things down the line with the Lakers franchise (possibly owning a share idk) Not sure how real it is but said that this has been going on since the all star break. I’m sure this decision is moreso about financial along with career benefits.

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Give me LeBron, 3 championships in 5 years, and you can have a 10-year rebuild for that matter. Bring back Sam Hinkie and start... THE LONG PROCESS. :D

BHannes2BHonest and juanm34 like this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Your friend never heard that. He is full of crap.

sammy, Cash Cam and Hard_foul like this.
  5. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I agree with you it’s all speculation, but man when this all started I really thought it was beteeen the Cavs, LA and us with us being a slight favorite. The more you read into it, this guy never just joins a ready made team he goes and almost acts like he orchestrated the whole thing with Chris bosh, K love, and now potentially coming together with Paul George. He will get a championship caliber team in Houston but LA from the way those close to him are saying, will be more of the business career post NBA life which tbh he might be ready for in this stage of his career. I think a Pail George and Lebron pairing would be a 3rd to 4th seed in the West and wouldn’t be ahead of us nor the warriors but with PG this year got to think that others will follow along and on top of that he has a home and being settled there makes it just that Much easier. This isn’t Lebron of 26 anymore

6. smp

smp Member

Win now. Worry about the future in the future.

That said, I think Morey could rebuild with the picks from just a couple of really bad seasons. Les was too stubborn to do it though. It will be interesting to see if Dallas can pull it off because that's exactly what they are doing right now.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Spoke to a friend in Houston he said LeBron loves Willie's just like Shaq and Charles and therefore will pick Houston.

8. riko

riko Member

All of all sudden everyone has a friend or some relative who is a insider

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This was inevitable unless the Rockets somehow got categorically eliminated from being a possibility early on in the process.

riko likes this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

PJ talking with Jared Dudley. He's wanted to be a Rocket in what seems like forever. Would love to get him for the locker room and then when he retires he joins the Rockets announcers/replaces Drexler lol

11. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Maybe we are looking at this whole "legacy" thing from the wrong angle. We all THINK lebron wants to win and catch Jordan in titles, etc. But the more this LA stuff plays out in my head the more I am thinking that maybe the "legacy" lebron is chasing is the brand. Maybe lebron just wants to be perceived as "smarter" and "richer" than Jordan. Maybe he wants to be more famous in general. Rings aren't necessarily what is in the way of that if that is his goal.

12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Buyout anderson

14. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The past is different, warriors didn't exist plus he is going to be 34 next season which imo he wants to be in a win now mode.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If you get better later, why's that foolish? He doesn't have to take nothing, just nothing from Morey, if Morey can't give him what he wants. Is it foolish to demand ppl to take your first offer, and walk away calling them foolish for not doing so? I can't speak to that, but I just think it's irrational to assume that calling ppl foolish gets you anywhere at a negotiating table.

Something tells me you lack capology knowledge to solve complex problems, so cling to simple solutions. That's OK. Morey can still solve them, if you can't. That's all I'm saying.

One thing is for sure: It is not irrational to look at this "simplest" trade of Bima's and understand why even Bima thinks there are issues with it

Note how the 3rd Team is getting your proposed Ryan and multiple picks. What further issues could there be, I wonder?

#96 heypartner, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    DonKnock likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We were discussing a scenario where the owner picked letting Lebron go to LA for nothing over doing an opt in and trade to Houston. Choosing to get nothing over getting something is foolish.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No, that's just where you took the original discussion. I was talking about Morey likely needing to add more to Bima's trade.

It's OK. I get how you need to keep things simple in your mind, with comforting thoughts like "CLE is screwed." "CLE is foolish not to take our first offer." "Morey can always walk away." (I actually like that last one, too.) It reminds me of guys who are over-confident in their assessment of options their perspective girlfriends have -- "we just need to do a simple 3-way."

Don't fret. Morey can please everyone in a 3-way.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He’s going to LA. His son is already getting ready to go to a high school there next year.

The day dreaming was fun though

BigggReddd likes this.
  20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah that story is shaky and even if true doesn't guarantee L.A. not like his wife isn't already living there.

DonKnock likes this.