1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can't wait for the New Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeem94, Jun 6, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Jim has been consistently getting better and improving his game every year, this year he has become the most unguardable 1 on 1 player in the league, am pretty sure he'll show us something next season we haven't seen before

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Id rather he not improve and pay an 8 digit sum to an account named foster brothers with British Caribbean Bank instead.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

He will set records regular season and then be mediocre in playoffs.

Nelly and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Preach! How easily people forget the Steve Francis, Mobley, Cato years! This is a generational player leading a great team. Appreciate what you have before it’s gone!

hakeem94 and darksoul35 like this.
  5. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

All I want is for him to get easier baskets against the better teams.... that way hes not so worn down and the end of games.....

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Can't wait for LeBron

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I'm just saying James could dominate even more. Game 6 and 7 against the Warriors in the 3rd and 4th quarter, but the bad refs and teammates not hitting their shots were also a factor of course. I do recognize the evolution of his game and what he has done for the organization.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Honestly he just needs to work that midrange again in the playoffs. He and Chris Paul will be unguardable.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

If you are expecting more, you will likely be disappointed. Harden has likely peaked.

YOLO likes this.
  10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I remember those years - they weren't pretty.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

I hope he comes back absolutely shredded with much lower body fat%
    Train with Brons Navy Seal guy if you have to. Just make sure you can handle playing 45mpg come playoff time because more than likely CP3 will always miss important games and Harden will need to step up and carry us.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah.. but he did his best (2rd highest paid player/25M/ 25% of the cap injured, 6-man rotation, 3rd highest paid player/20M/ 1/5th of the cap on the bench) vs 2 superstars 2 allstars and 3 refs..

even lebron's best (even with all star love) can't overcome 2 superstars 2 allstars (now 3 with AI back) and 3 refs..

lone superstars of teams are the easiest to stop because of fatigue thruout the season and playoffs, only 1 person burdened with all the weight, pressure, and responsibility and opposing defenses can simply focus on 1 player and let others beat them..

while the more superstars and allstars/more stacked team you have means more options, evenly distributed weight on everyone resulting to more energy for the superstars and allstars.. plus league/referee as a guarantee

this year we went with 1 superstar and 1 injury prone near star to 1 win away from the finals

next year, we need to add another superstar at least or replace our injury prone star with 2 allstars

plus coach and superstars and rest of the team need to pace themselves in the regular season just need to win enough to get overall HCA.. and better preparation/readiness for the playoffs especially with freshness, injury-free, and alternatives to ISO and 3s

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

If I could pick one thing I'd want to see him come back as an elite shooter. Can you imagine how dominant he'd be if he could shoot on the level of Steph Curry or Klay Thompson?

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think he needs to take it all in and retool his pacing. His first year here, he put it all down on offense and recouped his energy on defense. His evolution this far will earn him an MVP. The extra commitment to defense should be applauded, but other teams will bank that he can't be super Saiyan all 48 minutes of a seven game series deep into the playoffs.

Shedding weight is fine but even Klay Thompson isn't expected to be on on both sides of the court every game.

LeBron said he found ways to sneak in breathers during a game while on the court. If turning it off on defense is out of the question, he'll have to find other ways.

People act like any GM can construct a super team.

I guess it's easier to think that way after what Boston pulled off in the last two years with their process.

I would bet these armchair GMs are more like the Nets than the Celtics

#74 Invisible Fan, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  15. LUK3

LUK3 Member

That’s what they say every year..

HP3 and kjayp like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

likely true this year. its just come to that point. we may see some tweaks here and there on how he plays but doesnt mean he got better. hes already got a variety of ways to score. it's just up to him how he maintains and uses them but overall this is the harden well see for the foreseeable future and nothing really wrong with that

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

regular season yeah he has nothing left to prove

don't even want him to go for another mvp/65 wins again next year.. overall hca is fine

have as close to a full tank for the playoffs

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A midrange step back. He makes the move so quickly that I think he could get them off in heavier traffic. He can also pass instead of shooting while in the motion. He's done it before during the season, but it isn't a regular part of his game. Maybe James and Chris work a little midrange magic between them. They're such quick decision makers. Who do you double team? You'd have a couple of guys on the perimeter ready to shoot for spacing.

joshuaao, LUK3 and Manny Ramirez like this.
  19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I don't think anybody thinks differently - outside of maybe a few trolls that dont really count...

The problem with all the Harden white knights, like this post (and anything by @vlaurelio) is that just because people identify areas for improvement in Harden doesn't mean people arent thankful to have him... but until we have multiple championships - there's always room for improvement - whether its Harden, or MDA, CP3 or anybody... nobody is perfect and there will always be room for improvement...
    What drives me crazy is the people who act like 'he's good enough - no need to try to do anymore'...
    I've been arguing with Harden's White Knights for years... and every year they insist he's phenomenal and there's nothing more that he could do or should be expected of him and any shortcomings are to be accepted without question - and every year he improves and adds a new wrinkle... so I'm just thankful that James continues to work to improve - even if his white knights think its unnecessary...

darksoul35 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, the problem with half of CF is that they spend 99% of the time being ungrateful and whiney. A lot of the time their criticism isn't even constructive either.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and vlaurelio like this.