1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen A. Smith: "Durant will not stay in GS"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Elephant810, Jun 5, 2018.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he could also show Harden how to practice coming off the bench

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

reminds me of cf

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

KD is a coward. I do not want him. I rather not win a ring than win one with him.

Lawlruschang and RudyTBag like this.
  4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Meh, rather have Steph Curry.

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

So he's going back to Seattle ? :D

justtxyank likes this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

No Rockets will cry when we win the championship.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I'll go with the best player on the planet

slpntz likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Washington is also an option as he is from that area.

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

A superstar going to the East would be nice.
    Could be Celtics-Wizards ECF 2019.

BigShasta and Lawlruschang like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Jalen Rose throwing some hints as well on Jalen and Jacoby that Durant might not be a forever thing with the Warriors.Jalen is usually is spot on.

11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I could see it, but not in the next year or two. There would have to be some major locker room drama going on.

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

He used to be my favorite non Rockets player but now he can get ran over by a bus and I wouldn't lose any sleep. After what he did I wouldn't want him because there is no way I would be able to watch the games.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  13. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i wish KD rots in Golden state, and we beat their ass next year, i hope all those guys on the GS team stays there, so when we knock them out, justice will prevail

14. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

There is a comparison to 'European stuff' that could be made with Durant but it would be about his move to Golden State, not a possible move away from it.
    In football (Soccer) in is normal for a player to move to a different team either for more money or or for a greater chance of winning. It is the latter that made Durant's move from OKC to GS so normal to me until I saw the reactions of the fans in the US. In football it just makes sense that great players want to play with other great players and give themselves a better chance of winning trophies by joining on one team. This is what I saw when Durant moved and I just accepted that the culture in basketball and the US is different to ours and so this was not the done thing. I also think the salary cap in basketball which stops other teams matching GSW's firepower is what made this move so hard to swallow.
    However it is very very rare for a football player to move from one title contending team to another. You would not leave a title contender in your prime which Durant leaving GS would be. For this reason I doubt he leaves...but I would not be shocked if he did.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Are you telling me in a span of a day SAS has said KD is not going to stay in GSW and that LeBron will take FA meetings with Boston and GSW?

This is what we have come to?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A few weeks ago, on Facebook for some reason a lot of people (with thumbs up 80+) think KD will land in Houston. Durant leaving GSW is a high possibility due to the fact that Curry gets more endorsements and Durant probaly less than he was at OKC. And I don't believe Durant really likes playing with someone who always dog him in Draymond. Every year, he gets it from donkey. Everyone surprised we got CP3? Anyone surprised we had Dwight? I won't be shocked if we get KD.

17. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Hell chance KD will be leaving GSW, specially when they are on their way to win another title.

Maybe next summer when Klay is up for a new contract and the summer afterward on Green. GSW was able to get KD because Klay and Green are under paid.

I think KD will sign a one yr max contract with player option on second yr.

That way GSW can work out klays new contract as well as KD next summer.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't know why, I think it was the question mark but I laughed. Well played, sir.

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont believe it, I really dont. He seems happy there and if he leave LOL, i mean he said he went there cause(and Im paraphrasing) "he likes the way they play" no one really plays like GS, wheres he gonna go. It's just gonna be funny to me either way. I still like the man, but sheesh

20. smp

smp Member

GS is going to have a hard time keeping those egos happy. Once KD has a couple of rings, why would he sacrifice anything? Same for Klay and Green. All that’s left now is to make money and secure your legacy. Being part of a great team is noble, but proving you are a great individual player is another.

KD has the skill set to do that. Winning rings as the lead guy will put him in conversations with Kobe, LeBron, and MJ. Staying with GS voids that conversation quickly. They already won without him.

I don’t think Klay or Green have the talent to win unless they hide behind a true superstar like KD, Curry, LeBron, Harden, etc.

Yes I lumped Harden I’m with that group because he has proven himself to be a lead player on a championship level team. He was 1/2 a game away from a finals appearance and likely a title.

s3ts likes this.