1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Can James Harden Contract be reworked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jun 3, 2018.

1. riko

riko Member

Harden is the franchise so no

2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I actually wasn't commenting on your point other than to clarify that getting traded was worth almost $25m ro Harden. Many people still believe that he left over $4m

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Hell no, he ain't about to take a hit just to win.

He didn't do it back in 2012, he ain't doing it now. Especially not when he just won MVP.

Only snakes like KD will take a role players salary to ruin league parity.

bilaal14 likes this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take a snake that wants to take a role players salary anytime. I love Harden but I do wish he took a little less so we could afford some more primo quality players with us.

5. threepointshot3

Tim Duncan was estimated that from 2007 till his retirement was annually taking 10 to 15 million below his market value to give the Spurs leeway and cap space to sign complementary players . He retired in 16 so that is 9 years straight years. The spurs probably made up for it with hush deals like marketing and other team sponsors deals off the court.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. trugoy

trugoy Member

Harden or Paul taking less money will not help one iota in bringing better players. There's a document called the CBA that details how free agency works in the NBA. The only person that benefits from them taking less money is Tillman saving some money.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

These chumps. Pretty sure these chumps are all taking paycuts.
    [​IMG]

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Your vocabulary is shockingly limited for a PhD. I’m super shocked... oh wait it makes sense given that you’re PhD is from a dissertation about trolling on Clutchfans.

mockster likes this.
  9. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

You know the main reason we signed James to a huge contract is les planning to less the team.

Same thing Cavs is trying to lock James up in long term so owner can sell the team.

10. HardenMvp

HardenMvp Member

he needs to rework his contract for playing like crap in game 7 and costing us a final appearance. Superstar, my ass Steph curry is a way better player than him. Would trade harden and the whole team for Steph and Durant in a heartbeat

RasaqBoi likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wow. New 2018 ClutchFans member wants to teach 2003 member about trolling on ClutchFans. Good thing @Pizza_Da_Hut isn't a '99er or @tinman would've barged in to tear you a new one.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What’s going on here?

Harden isn’t going to take less money to sign a big star

Who do you think he is? Charles Barkley!!

RasaqBoi and mockster like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3 Smiling, 1 guy serious. That is weird. :)

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The only person that benefits from Harden or CP3 taking paycuts is Tilman Fertitta. Having both guys signed to their max deals does not prohibit us from acquiring another top end talent. The method we would use to acquire that talent does not change whether we give CP3 $200M or $150M. Where it impacts us is the luxury tax, and as a fan who goes to games and buys merchandise, I'm already doing the most I can to help in that regards.

Reeko and topfive like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

And only two of them have balls.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm pretty sure only KD has taken a pay cut.

Curry definitely signed a max contract last summer, and in 2015 Draymond signed for 5 yrs/$82M, which was pretty steep at the time for the third best player on the team. It's slightly higher than the extension the Rox signed Harden to just three years earlier.

There are rumors floating that Klay will do the same this summer, but his agent has already denied them, so that might be just wishful thinking on that part of Warriors fans.

#36 topfive, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Well hey, at least I knew Klay Thompson wasn't a FA this summer and was not severely naive enough to think we could sign him AND LeBron too. So I got that going for me.

topfive likes this.
  18. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

It's too late for Harden to take less even if he wants. The CBA will not allow him to do that because his contract is already finalized and cannot be reworked. Taking less pay can only be worked out in a new contract negotiation and before it's finalized. So, stop bashing Harden on his pay; He can't do a thing about it even if he loves to do it in the interest of creating cap room to bring marque guy in this summer.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. mockster

mockster Member

You or anyone else would do fookin nutthin.

20. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I’m sure your mom is proud of you. You should leave your basement and go upstairs to tell her all about your accomplishment.