1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Would You Grade James Harden's 2018 Postseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, May 29, 2018.

?

What Would You Grade James Harden's 2018 Postseason?

1. A+

2.8%
  2. A

6.6%
  3. A-

16.0%
  4. B+

26.0%
  5. B

20.5%
  6. B-

11.8%
  7. C

9.0%
  8. D

1.7%
  9. F

0.7%
  10. Scott Foster a hoe.

4.9%
  1. rocketseagles07

Lol man y’all need to cut the bs.

Harden is an incredible player, and I respect how he worked his ass off on defense after the first couple games of playing HORRENDOUS defense. His numbers in the playoffs, and the player he is are different.

You all would KILL Westbrook in here if he’s averaged those numbers with that efficiency

2. Lando

Lando Member

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It was "B" good but for an MVP, you'd expect him to be at least an A.

4. Asian Sensation

C+

If Harden were your average star/superstar I’d give him a B or B+ but he’s not. If you guys think he’s head and shoulders better than guys like Derozan, Butler, Beal, Lillard etc then you guys gotta judge him accordingly. He was the best player in the regular season and he’s going to win the MVP so fair or not he’s graded on a different level.

The Good

He actually put forth some effort on defense this time around. Hopefully he noticed when that it often led to some of the easiest points he’s ever gotten. He was getting at least 1 or 2 steals a game especially against GS where he’d be on a 1 man fast break or outnumbering the D and leading to an easy dish to on of his teammates. I always knew he was capable of playing that type of defense.

He seemed more focused this year than in the past and took bigger responsibilities as a leader. Like when he called up the teammates that were ‘down’ after losing game 1 he showed signs of growth. He wouldn’t have done that in the past.

The Bad

Too many TO’s like always. Disappeared for several quarters in a row at times and didn’t show up when it matters the most (4th quarters and close out games). I’m not talking even talking about the GSW series cause we lost CP3 (but he still could have and should’ve played much better.) Anyways I’m talking about the Jazz series. There was a stretch between games 4 and 5 where he was MIA and looked like game 6 Spurs Harden. CP3 totally bailed him out from being too exposed.

The final PPG numbers look good but they didn’t come efficiently and it was a quiet ass 28.6 points per game. He didn’t really impact a particular game or put a stamp on it like damn.... we Won cause of James Harden. A lot of his points came in game 1s and first half’s. He wasn’t dominant at any critical moment. We’ll all remember CP3 dominating the 4th quarter of game 5 and closing the Jazz out. Why? Cause those are the moments that really matter. What was Harden’s best game or defining moment these playoffs? Game 1 against the Wolves? Game 3 in Utah? The first half of game 4 against the Warriors?

5. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Same as usual not a big game player in his vein.
    But we will keep him the rest off his career as a delusion of pursuit of Champ.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL harden don't owe you multiple rings

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Effort was an A.

It's a bummer his shot was off. I'd give him a B overall. He can certainly raise his level, and he will.

vlaurelio likes this.
  8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It is hard for me to give him an A considering how bad his shooting the 3 ball was and the tendency to disappear at times in the 2nd half. He did play very well on the defensive end and did many other good things. It was definitely the best he has performed for the Rockets in these playoffs so I will give him a B plus.

9. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

B, the standards are high.