1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kent Bazemore meeting with Rockets as we speak (UPDATE: Signs with Hawks)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jun 30, 2016.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He couldn't dodge Ryan Anderson.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Asik, Lin, Royce White, TSquid, Lawson. He did not dodge those.

3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Morey HAD to spend that Money in 2016! just like the rest of the NBA! Ryan help the rockets in more ways than one his first year!

4. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

He was basically unplayable, as well as not having Eric Gordon as well.. Nah fam.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

My point is a Bazemore decision in 2016 could have been the difference in a Rockets chip 2018.

amaru likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone who makes a difference in whether you get a championship or not is cp3. Bazemore could only dream of having anywhere near the same type of impact.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I'm sorry but I am not remembering TSquid...seriously - real name please?

8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Terrence D'aShon Williams
    [​IMG]

amaru, daywalker02 and Manny Ramirez like this.
  9. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Oh that guy - I thought that might be the one. I think that dude actually posted on clutchfans or at least read posts here or am I getting him confused with Ron Artest aka Metta World Peace?? Maybe they both read on the BBS...who knows?

10. kevcai

kevcai Member

Not sure why this was bumped but it was a great reminder to me that our team was in a completely different spot just a few years ago. We tried to offer (too much) money to Kent freaking Bazemore and still got turned down.

Obviously the ending/outcome of this season was disappointing but we've come a long long way since just 2 years ago.

#alwaysthankful #neversatisfied

11. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

those signings weren't crippling though, they just didn't work out. ryan anderson is crippling.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

We need stop thinking that Ryan Anderson contract is crippling. Lets flash back to 2016 and say the Rockets never signed Ryan Anderson.

Do we win 55 games and get the 3rd seed in the west? No. Ryan was a big part of our success last year.
    If we do not win 55 games and get the 3rd seed, do we get CP3? No. He would not have come here to play on a mediocre team.
    If CP3 is not here do we even have a shot at Lebron? Would we even have PJ TUcker? No and No.

Anderson is a main reason we are where we are today. He actually played pretty well for us all regular season before getting injured. Sure he has a bad contract that is gonna cost us some draft picks to give up. But without him, we never even have a chance at Lebron. Also the Rockets only realistic way to get Lebron and keep our core is to trade for Lebron. Without Anderson's 20 million. This is not even possible. So it's actually a blessing he's overpaid.

2 big questions now is How many first round picks will it take?
    How much luxury tax is Tillman willing the pay.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

KB is better than Anderson in 2018 no doubt and definitely would have played in the WCF.

amaru likes this.
  14. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Omer Asik was actually a win in the long run. Houston signed him into cap space, had a good year, a bad year, and then traded him away FOR A FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK. That pick became Sam Dekker, who had an injury riddled first year, a promising second year, and then became a crucial piece in the package for CHRIS PAUL.

So yeah, don't list Asik as a guy that was dumb to sign. Also, just to show how different the league is now, Rockets tried to trade him in his second year but Morey was demanding two first round picks for him. Obviously everyone else thought that was way too much, but its nuts that Morey thought he could even entertain asking for that.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

You’re kidding, right? Without being strapped by his salary we could sign a big free agent. Anderson was over-valued and Morey paid way too much with a lengthy contract that got bigger towards the end of it. Now it’s hard to move. Anderson isn’t tradable because his so low that no one wants to be handcuffed with a large contract for a guy that can deliver. Why would the Cavs, or anyone else for that matter, want to take on his salary?

amaru likes this.
  16. dmoneybangbang

What if, what if, what if.....

What if we got both Bazemore and Horford and they were awesome with Harden and our crew?

amaru and MyLateRegistration like this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Les couldn't dodge Anderson.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely not kidding. Name we one free agent we coulda signed in 2016 to replace Anderson. Cmon, Kent bazemore even turned us down. The Rockets were dysfunctional that. Harden wanted Dwight traded. The locker room was a mess.

Who could we have gotten to replace Anderson’s contribution. Honestly, I don’t even get the hate. It was unfair for the Rockets to not play him at all in the playoffs and just throw him in for 2 minutes at a time and hopes he played well.

I do think defensively he is a liability, but I think he adds soo much to our offense. I think we woulda won the series if we play Anderson at 5 more to keep Draymond honest. And I woulda just put him on Durant and made the warriors play ISO. Then Harden coulda rested on defense and his shooting percentages probably go up. I’ll live with Durant long two pointers all series.

19. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Did you watch the series? In the few minutes we played him, Curry switched on him every time. He was unplayable. AND he added absolutely nothing to the offense.

For reasons I don't know why, people think 5s guard 5s, 4s guard 4s and so on. It doesn't work that way.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I watched the series. That’s why I said I would have put him on Durant not Draymond. Will the Warriors still try to get him switched onto Steph if he is guarding Durant? I think they would just attack him and we force them to play iso ball. The pick is only to help create mismatches, if there is already a mismatch why pick? I don’t think Durant could beat us by himself, we lose when curry and Klay get hot. Not to mention when Harden is the worst defender on the court he has to work extra hard on defense and he has nothing left on offense. Anderson allows Harden to rest.

As soon as he checked in in game 7, Harden got b2b layups. Just cuz he didn’t shoot doesn’t mean he didn’t impact our offense.