1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Stein: Christopher Paul is already recruiting Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, May 29, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sheesh, Christopher, let him have his Finals first. ;)

2. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

if lebron comes, i don't think dantoni will last long... but that doesn't matter they don't need a coach lol

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

They’ve got the #8 pick and a bevy if salary to trade out. Who might they be able to snag with that pick that would compell him to stay? #8 pick might get you a borderline All Star?

Borderline All Star
    Love
    LBJ
    + scrubs???

Me thinks it’s not enough to beat the warriors...

4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Dude no one will ever take Durants success serious. It’s so obvious all of his peers have lost respect for him and it is also quite evident that he’s extremely insecure about his decision hence his stupid trolling. Equally funny as it is pathetic, when he blew his own cover over that fake twitter nonsense, none of his peers even commented or responded. Thats when you know, hes no longer part of the NBA brotherhood bc he truly disrespected the spirit of the game. As rich as these guys are, many of them consider the game sacred and an absolute honor to be able to play it. For KD to be as gifted and talented as he is to pull such a move has got to be considered an absolute disgrace in the eyes of other NBA players and professional athletes alike...

5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Um, not really true. LeBron craves structure, even if he won't admit it. Look at what Miami offered him in Reilly and Spols. Both ordered and structured guys who took the helm. Cleveland will always try to let LeBron run the team because they are too afraid to see him walk. What they don't understand is what made him walk the first time wasn't because they tried to control him, it's because they weren't winning.

I highly doubt Morey bends over backwards to get LeBron if he doesn't understand a couple of things, the first being this is still a team that plays Moreyball. If LeBron expects it to be anything but we don't see our GM unloading talent and picks for a ticking time bomb. I think the second thing, and correct me if I'm wrong on this, Morey says this will always be James Harden's team. Again, if LeBron weren't going to buy into that I doubt we see him in Rockets red.

6. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

as of today Lebron should be, anyone doubting this is a homie. but there will be plenty touches among those three, as we saw in playoff, even with a healthy Paul, sometimes our offense looks really ugly. think about it, with Lebron and Tucker as 5 and 4, the lane will be wide open, they can just take turn to drive in for layup

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Or, those 27 straight missed three pointers away from a championship

D-rock likes this.
  8. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You are ignoring the opt-in and trade scenario. Need to move Ryno and then something else to get to 26M in hard money. Don't have to keep it under 129M if we don't do SNT or use the NTMLE. We can get LBJ, I think Gordon or Tucker might have to go in trade scenario, keep CP3, Capela, Ariza, Luc taxpayer MLE, vet mins.

9. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

have to keep tucker! Gordon would hurt but Reddick can replace him for vet min. cp3 connection

10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If LeBron signs with us, Redick will 100% remain a Sixer.

11. bmelo

bmelo Member

That's another thing that you get with being loyal and offering max deal for Paul. People hate playing against him but whole NBA saw what this dynamic duo is about. We got to sustain it

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jerseys are ugly though.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

HP3 likes this.
  14. threepointshot3

Yep I doubt many players respect his competitive or lack of competitive will

15. FearTheBeardJH

It would be the weakest move by superstar ever. Joining a team that won 65 games while having so much injury time(Harden, Paul, Capela missed combined 42 games) to their 3 best players? Curry, Thompson and Green missed 5 games combined when won 73 games for comparison. Not to mention they were already up 3-2 and would've won championship if no injury to Paul.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

So basically LeBron and CP3 would go into hibernation mode during regular season, saving themselves for the playoffs.
    Until then, Harden would carry them like he did this year.

When the playoffs start, Harden would be 3rd option against toughest opponents like GSW and whoever comes from East in NBA Finals.

Because let's face it, with Harden as a 1st option, it's hard to imagine we would win a championship. Game 4 and 5 were won largely because of CP3's leadership, and he was playing basically on one leg.

17. bmelo

bmelo Member

This.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

TBH with Lebron and Chris Paul is already a championship team.

bmelo likes this.
  19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We need leborn. If the big 2 are still in Celtics, I dont think leborn can reach the finals. Lets join houston to beat warriors

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. igotwhipscollectingdust

If we actually do sign Lebron, I hope we keep Capela, Gordon, and Tuck. If that means we have to gut the rest of the team besides those 6 so be it.

likestohypeguy likes this.