1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Would You Grade James Harden's 2018 Postseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Space City, May 29, 2018.

?

What Would You Grade James Harden's 2018 Postseason?

1. A+

2.8%
  2. A

6.6%
  3. A-

16.0%
  4. B+

26.0%
  5. B

20.5%
  6. B-

11.8%
  7. C

9.0%
  8. D

1.7%
  9. F

0.7%
  10. Scott Foster a hoe.

4.9%
  1. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I think it would be better if the poll is divided in reg season and post season.

Harden would get A+ for reg and post a B

2. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

I guess I’m just a tough grader. I was thinking B+/A- originally, so what the hell. I’ll give him an A- :D I know everything was against us and nobody could have gotten us closer except lebron, but part of me hoped he could do it.

3. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Performance: Solid "B" for me.

Not sure if this is on Morey and D'Antoni's live and die by 3 mentality or on Harden. You can't shoot below 30% from 3 (that's Corey Brewer/Josh Smith level bad!) and go 0-22 for a 2 game stretch. He disappeared offensively for stretches, which is expected because of how much mental and physical energy he exerted defensively, but as the best player on team, MVP of the league, he's gotta be smarter. Especially with how the refs were calling (or not calling) the game.

3-Ball not Falling? OK, stop and pop from the mid-range!
    Got the switch you wanted against Curry? Awesome, stop settling for 3 and post his ass up. Don't bail out Curry's crappy defense by settling for a 3!

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

B-

He had just as many brilliant games as he had duds...and the other games were OK James' games...

The Rockets, and D'Antoni needs to find ways to get James Harden EASY shots...Something that the offense can naturally generate. I really think he expends so much energy trying to create for himself and others. Think the burden of him having to be the man continuously has hurt his effectiveness and has caused him to play in spurts of brilliance and nonchalance...I love James Harden and he had a heck of a season. His postseason was much better this year, but it couldve been better.

edit: he actually played decent defense for most of the postseason. Got to give him a ton of credit.

joshuaao and waytookrzy079 like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

B+. I'm more disappointed in is constant reliance on CP3 to finish games.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Regular season A+

Playoffs B-

Overall B+

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

now matter how hard Harden works, Harden will never be physically as strong, fast, and same stamina as Lebron.. especially with his asthma/lungs.. maybe he can try lose some more weight..

but Harden + Cp3 alone especially with 3rd highest player/20M/ 1/5th of the cap wasting away on the bench won't get it done against this superteam.. we need 1 more hopefully Lebron..

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

B+

He competed and played great defense for the most part which is a huge improvement.

His 3 point shooting and turnovers kept him back from an A.

That being said, no one else gets a higher rating from me in the playoffs other than Lebron.

#28 Obito, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

No one else, Harden overall was the 2nd best player this postseason.

I’d put Tatum and Durant at 3rd and 4th with a B.

People like Oladipo and Mitchell had great postseasons as well.

Patience and vlaurelio like this.
  10. macan

macan Member

Gave him a B.
    no doubt he's the MVP this season but i think he can still improve in so many ways.

11. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

Smh all the comments are what's wrong with rox fans. Yall giving out participation trophies out here. "He gets an A because he didn't quit like in previous years."

"I say B+ he competed hard blah blah blah "
    Dude getting paid over 200 mil HE BETTER DAMN WELL COMPETE AND "NOT QUIT LIKE IN PREVIOUS YEARS "

Harden underperformed in every aspect compared to his regular season aside from defense which still wasn't very good (if you are objective and not a homer) Scoring down assists down shooting% god awful. Jacking up dumb 3s when your shot couldn't be more off game after damn game. Same sad song every year and he will continue to get pass after pass because "he's tired" when all damn year all I heard is "We have someone else to take the pressure off James. Our depth is gonna keep harden fresh for the postseason" blah blah blah

For once in his life skip Bayless is right about something : James Harden is built for the regular season.

12. Aware

Aware Member

All things considered id give him a B.
    He had some terrible stretches but all in all he did his part.

We lost to the warriors. That was it. We never really looked in danger against the other teams, just ran into the warriors.

13. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Solid B. He was a C in previous years. He gave good effort on defense even when his shot was falling. Glad he took it to the rim a lot as well. The biggest negatives were his shooting percentages were really low and he still got beat off the dribble plenty of times, especially earlier in the Golden State series.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Yeah, but then when you think about it you realize that he was the best player on a team that took one of the greatest teams in NBA history to 7 games. A team that had never lost more than one game in a series. And if CP3 doesn't go down there is a good chance they beat that team.

Harden will never be able to iso this team to a championship by himself. The offensive game plan isn't built to succeed that way in the playoffs. Anybody not named LeBron is going to get tired dribbling, attacking, and shooting long 3s at the rate Harden is asked to. It's an exhausting formula, and especially against the Warriors because resting on defense isn't an option. But we basically saw that with CP3, Harden can be the best player on a team that can beat one of the best teams in NBA history.

Patience likes this.
  15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

A. He showed improvement defensively and actually became a lock down defender. He carried this team once Paul went down. As poorly as he shot, we were 10 points away from an NBA finals trip. That alone would make it an A+ Post season.

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

B+ for defense but poor three point shooting

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

or you mean the whole team including the coach and morey's math is built only for the reg season

aside from lebron, which single player could carried this team farther in the playoffs??

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I voted B+. The only thing that held him back from getting an A from me was the 3pt shooting. It is clear that fatigue is an issue with that 3pt shot. And ramping up his defense is a cause for that. BUT, more depth and adding another quality player could help even things out a bit.

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

What hurts the most was being so close
    And havin' so much to say
    And watchin' you walk away

I’ll give Harden a B

20. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Stepped it up on defense big time in the playoffs, especially in the series that mattered the most. Didn't shoot very efficiently but I can live with that (especially when Ariza doesn't go 0-12). A-