1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Third Quarter of Game 7 was Rigged

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, May 28, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't even know what to say about some of those calls, the moving screens...do you guys remember when Dwight was called for a moving screen when he was barely moving? But even Nene got called for that few times this season...pathetic.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah but the misses just go along with what the refs did. Then at the end of the game the average person can just say hou shouldn't have missed that many shots and the media will run away with that story line as well. Honestly don't think they would of allowed gs to lose that game regardless if hou hit a few more 3s. They would just make calls in a way to compensate

Boney Garcia and everyday eddie like this.
  3. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

FU*K Y*U NBA

bro2044 and Boney Garcia like this.
  4. Mr Chuck Norris

People don’t want to admit that the sport they love is rigged. Let me tell you what’s did:,,, I stopped loving it I’ve been watching and cheering on my rockets but in the back of my mind I know it’s rigged and this is just entertainment.

Boney Garcia likes this.
  5. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

It's easy for you to blame the rockets for missing tons of threes, but you should put yourself in their shoes before you blame it on the shots alone. You are winning in a uphill battle and your morals are high, you are actually beating the greatest team of all time. All of the sudden, these refs just start to do their job and mess with you mentally. Wouldn't it shatters your confidence and effort level? They are not there only to change the point spread, but the action they took in that game also alter our players mentality. Like "This **** again?"

bballjunkie and Boney Garcia like this.
  6. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

It's that momentum swing that fked the rockets in game 7. They not only closed up the points gap but it messed our players up mentally. This shxt makes me sick.

Boney Garcia likes this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

ROCKETS MISS NBA-RECORD 27 STRAIGHT 3S

Houston went ice cold in Game 7 vs. the Warriors, missing an NBA postseason record 27 consecutive 3-point attempts.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I look at it in a couple different parts.

1. There were a ton of points taken away on bad calls for sure.

2. It destroyed momentum

3. When they take away your ability to drive because you are afraid of not getting fouls it makes you much easier to defend. They can play us tight on the line because we become afraid to drive and not get a call which will lead to the transition bucket. That is what happened in game 6. This time they went the other route and just kept shooting threes. Because they could play the line without fear of the drive most of those shots were out of our normal offense or contested.

4. Despite all this we could have won with even a shitty shooting performance but we went into nuclear level breakdown there.

So while yes I agree we would have won if we shot better. You have to also understand that the way the game started to get called effects the way the offense flows. When announcers and nba players speak out you have to know. Our rhythm from the start was completely changed because of it and it showed.

9. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Cheetah I get it. The Rockets blew the game, but let's not act like these blatant missed calls didn't play into the outcome either.

bro2044 and bballjunkie like this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This is false. They took a 3 away from harden on that and 1.

Also how does our 3 pt percentage equate to officiating being correct?

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

If it's rigged(and I believe it is) there needs to be more Bill Laimbeer types that never commit a cheap foul. If you know it's coming why not just give them a good hard foul like in the old NBA days. At least make them think about it a little bit. I feel like Steph is allowed to get too comfortable especially when he drives the lane. He should not go in there ever looking to lay it up so easily like he has his whole career.

Crashlanded19 and slothy420 like this.
  12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

Think about it. The last time a real underdog won the NBA finals was the Dallas Mavericks and they had a couple of guys come in for 10-15 minutes and just troll Lebron. If Steph starts getting into a groove why not just insert someone who is can give you 5-10 minutes of all out hustle and effective use of 6 fouls. They're going to the line anyway. That's why analytics can be so overrated at times. Yes I understand it is the best practice to play defense without fouling, but if you use your fouls to get the opposition out of their comfort zone, why not?

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

Third quarter is all on the players. We were still up 6 with under 6 minutes left when they got several offensive rebounds and the KD 3. That hurt! In the quarter Houston went away from driving to the basket and launched 3s like crazy. Maybe because they were tired and maybe because they figured they would hit a few to keep the lead and wanted to keep their legs fresh for the 4th. Either way, the Rockets missed 13 3s in the third quarter while the Warriors made 7.

Normally CP3 would have been the one to drive the lane and kick it out for a wide open 3 or a cutting player. CP3 would have also given Harden ample time to rest in between plays. Unfortunately, without that floor general the Rockets were over matched and the Warriors made tough fadaway 3 point shots down the stretch.

The refs sucked, and Houston's system works. But on this day, with one key player missing, they lost their way and panicked. All they had to do was play tight defense in the 3rd and make sure that their missed shots didn't turn into fast break 3s for the Warriors.

14. jboslett

jboslett Member

I agree with you. It’s those calls that killed out momentum and got golden state going. If we get to the line on those 3 attempts or drives to the rim, the game slows down and maybe Klay and Steph don’t get going.

Scarface281 likes this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You seem to forget the previous games. Yes, there were some no calls. I expect there to be some. However we were not constantly getting hit with those touch fouls, especially on Durant. In previous games, GSW were constantly getting BS fouls in their favor, calls that really shouldn't have been made.
    Our shooting lost this game. Not the refs.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Doesn't matter because this world if filled the sheeple bandwagoners. If GSW pulls out a shiv and violently stabs a player they will find a way to make an excuse for GSW. This trash officiating was intentionally done and nothing will come of it. It will go away because our opinions do not matter and bandwagon GSW fans out number rockets fans.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

whatever happened in the previous games makes no difference. its game 7. no the refs made houston lose this game. thats the difference. the no calls angle is just complete bs. all the refs needed to do was get hou off their game and give GS a boost to get going. from there itll take care of itself. all those missed calls took pts off the board for houston which is a huge difference. why is ariza's foul on durant called when harden's 3 pt attempt and bell doesnt even allow harden to land without hitting him with his body. why wasn't green complete hack of gordon on his drive not a foul. none of the ball was hit whatsoever. both plays have way more contact than what kd got. theres always going to be these naive casual followers thats going to believe the rockets missing shots story line. thats the sad part of it. theres a reason why the rockets got thrown off that game. this game 7 was just fake. its terrible the world couldn't just see the two best teams go at it and whoever the better team was that game came out on top. it needed the help of the refs. pathetic

everyday eddie and Boney Garcia like this.
  18. Boney Garcia

Boney Garcia Member

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Boogie during the 3rd qtr last night.

Boney Garcia likes this.