1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I may step away from the NBA for a while.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, May 28, 2018.

1. Mr. Space City

exactly,

i don't see how anybody can be optimistic in beating the warriors seeing what they got away with these past 2 games.

i chalked up the poor officiating in game 6 to the warriors being at home and refs usually favoring home teams but the way the rockets got shafted at home, can't nobody tel me this **** wasn't rigged form the jump.

straight WWE ****.

the nba not stealing my money anymore.

smp, rantsolpuella13 and BigShasta like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Remember in 2016 when CF suggested that Rockets should trade Harden and tank? Looking real good right now. Look what a team like the Celtics can do if rebuilt properly.

They're going to dominate the East next year unless Lebron joins Philly.

Tatum, Kyrie, Rozier, Brown, Hayward, Horford with role players like Smart and Morris. What an incredible rebuild by Danny Ainge. Well, technically they went through a whole rebuild without tanking.

3. Mr. Space City

and that's my problem with the nba.

the games should be about who plays well, go gets fouled, who doesn't get fouled, etc more than "let me screw this team over because nba twitter doesn't like them"

the nba is basically saying, you don't have a chance no matter what and when you think you have a chance, we're gonna step in and take that chance away from you.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

how many people on twitter were complaining about the refs btw?

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wow...ESPN has Tim Legler doing a segment on the refs. They were so blatant tonight.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Didn’t watch the finals at all last year and won’t watch this year. Looking forward to playing some basketball and focusing on some work. I don’t get distracted by Facebook or social media or texting, I get distracted by the NbA.

7. rocks123

rocks123 Member

I guess getting a famous all star needs to be the goal of morey if we dont get Lebron. we can match in skills and talents but i guess harden and paul is not enough for the league to give us a fair chance. Maybe they know cp3 is done for the season and rockets without cp3 wont exactly help the rating. Damn it. We need like an embiid Personality type of player. Lot of swag. maybe we should be the ultimate badboys like the piston. damn its hard enough to beat the warriora in skills now we have to atleast match them in popularity for those refs to stop ******** on us.

8. BigTex

BigTex Member

Warriors coverage is way more obnoxious on ABC/ESPN. Slobber all over them. They will probably show the Curry family 20+ times. TNT is better (excluding Reggie)

9. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Cant stomach to watch the finals, too depressed. :(

Ill watch Rockets games next year.

rocks123 and RocketWalta like this.
  10. kevtse

kevtse Member

I feel for the guys, their dreams are ruined by a rigged game.

Netflix should dig in and make the documentary "Making a Champion"

It will be even more thrilling than Making a Murderer.

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I don't think any self respecting Rockets fan is going to give ESPN any views for the finals. And it ****ing SUCKS that it won't happen but I so wish that ratings for these next finals drop because people are seeing the same teams in the finals. **** you Scott Foster!!!

Go Stros!!!

12. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Send them an e-mail or something explaining why they're losing your business, social media has a significant effect on markets.

13. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I felt the same way, but after game 1. I'm not too mad about the refs. I'm just mad at how OP this Warriors team is. I'm waiting on the off-season. Houston needs to make some huge moves in order for me to continue watching.

I'm afraid there will be no team capable of competing with the Warriors. This league is boring when the winner is already crowned. Houston still needs to make some improvements, and chances are we won't have home court in a game 7 again. Healthy Celtics and Healthy Rockets are the only teams that may be able to save parity. At the moment I'm just waiting to see what happens in the off-season, but I'm in the mind state that I won't watch a full season again in a while.

14. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I see so many hateful comments from you disparaging a pretty classy, community guy. I think that you do it for attention but I can’t understand why anyone would like these comments. These are my two cents and I’m posting it because there isn’t a thumbs down button available. It’s unfortunate that I noticed this post, but I had to say something here.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm happy streaming with a 2 minute delay. That year Cuban bribed his way to screw over Yao was another blatant **** job

**** you nba

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Still gonna watch... but F*** the refs and the NBA.

17. dischead

dischead Member

Yep I'm done too. So obviously rigged. Not worth investing the time anymore.

18. Mattician

Mattician Member

The Warriors have ruined the NBA. There is no reason to be excited about basketball because of them. None of their players are likeable, their coach isn't either.

I'm not a NBA fan. I'm a Rockets fan. So depending on what the Rockets do this offseason, I won't be watching next year. And years after that if the Warriors are still the favorite.

I didn't watch the finals last year. And I won't every year the Warriors are in it.

#58 Mattician, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018