1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is this season a failure if the Rockets don't win the NBA Finals?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Mar 29, 2018.

?

Is this season a failure if the Rockets don't win the chip?

Poll closed Jun 29, 2018.
  1. Yes

83 vote(s)
    52.9%
  2. No

74 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Here we are. Game 7. At Home. Injured CP3.

Thoughts?

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I think Harden has the most to lose. The playoff choker label will be hung on him permanently. In which playoff games this season did he put the team on his back and carry them to victory? Without CP3 we likely would not be in a game seven.

3. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I voted no, the ones who voted yes clearly forgot where we started at the beginning of the season

s3ts likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Game 1 vs Minnesota is a clear example. Considering the first two series were both
    4-1 I don’t see how you can hold any of those games against him. And we’re going into a game 7 against possibly the most talented team in the history of the league. The whole point of our front office is to put together a team where Harden wouldn’t have to carry them to victory. The media may play that narrative but they’re just hating.

Patience and skroodup25 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I tell you after the game. For now Yes and No.

#65 daywalker02, May 28, 2018
    Last edited: May 28, 2018
    samtaylor likes this.
  6. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Yes, it would be considered a failure. With Paul and Harden healthy this team was on pace for ~70 wins.

7. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

No. 65 wins, a 1 seed and pushing the Warriors to 7 with half of a Chris Paul is way more than I could have hoped for.

Patience likes this.
  8. RESINator

RESINator Member

Yes. We were built to beat the warriors and win the finals. This is the narrative Maury and co have been pushing if we do not complete the former then we fail.