1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why are the Warriors so disliked?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by keven lin, May 26, 2018.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

So many reasons here - many that have already been said:

1) Steph Curry with his obnoxious mouthpiece and stupid shimmying
    2) Draymond Green aka The Donkey - the biggest punk ever - Barkley was right about punching him in the mouth
    3) Pseudo tough Durant who couldn't even bench one rep of 225 coming into the NBA draft and had to join the Warriors because he was too much of a p**y to try to win a ring in OKC (I hate Russell Westbrook with a passion but I have mad respect for him since he didn't leave OKC).
    4) JaVale McGee who has become the black Jack Haley
    5) The Warriors douchebag owner Joe Lacob
    6) Freaking Swaggy P
    7) Steve Kerr walking into the greatest situation ever (just like he has had when he played for both the Bulls and Spurs) - I will say that even though I despise Kerr's luckiness, I actually like him for some of the things he has said outside of basketball.
    8) Andre Iguodala
    9) Whenever Curry has a bad game, it isn't because the other team played great defense, it was because he was hurt.
    10) Freaking Zaza Gabor Pachulia

D-rock, keven lin and ThatGuyJoe like this.
  2. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

because they already had the talent to be the best team in the league and had to get KD so they would be OP

D-rock likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's just Draymond for me.

D-rock and ThatGuyJoe like this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My number one reason I think true NBA fans hate the Warriors is because they expose the fact that the league is just one big soap opera, with the script approved from on high.

Back in 2014, we SAW that team already. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson were already two of the best shooters in the league, and they repeatedly were unable to move past the first round. By 2015, yes those two guys entered their primes; yes, Draymond transformed from a cheapshot artist, moving pic setter, and undersized hustle man into one of the most cerebral team defenders in the league; yes, Kerr implemented a motion offense with plenty of backdoor cutting off of the aforementioned moving screens...but to me the MAIN difference from one year to the next, was that Kerr went into the league's headquarters with a top notch marketing team.

He walked into Stern-Silver's office, and the meeting probably went as follows:

KERR: Thanks for having me, here's a bag of gold as an appetizer, no strings attached, please here me out.
    STERN-SILVER: Your kind offering has bought you 5 minutes of my time. Speak!
    KERR: It is in the best interests of all of us here if you make Steph Curry the face of your league. He is clean cut, half-white, married with kids, keeps his nose clean, has a modest frame, and plays basketball in a way that all the other pasty white boys and dabbing Asian kids can dream up in their wildest fantasies. Klay Thompson is...a similar thing, you get the idea. You let these two guys take down the Adonises, chop down the Goliaths of this league, and the dumb, stupid, mindless masses of the world will come flocking over to consume your entertainment product.
    STERN-SILVER: Your arguments are compelling, Role Player. But what of Lebron? And all the other athletic freaks of nature in the NBA? Will they not find it laughable that we have allowed a prepubescent-looking player to surpass them in a game directly related to sprinting 94 feet and putting a ball into a basket 12 feet above the ground?!
    KERR: Number one, we've figured out a way to get Curry some thick-looking facial hair. Don't ask questions. Second, I'll handle the offensive schemes to get Curry open for his shots to make us the first championship winner ever without an inside presence. You just order your officials not to whistle me for any of the things we'll have to do to get him open. Get rid of offensive fouls on moving pics and holding penalties when my guys need to grab a jersey, or an arm okay? And let Bogut do his thing where he turns around pretending to box out but is just really shoving his ass into the guy who's trying to chase Curry and Klay around the screen. And let Draymond hip check people out of bounds.
    STERN-SILVER: (frowning) But what of Draymond's Groin-hunting ways? We see that he has been studying from the NBA vaults, particularly in the Karl Malone section. These actions cannot go unchecked.
    KERR: Fine. You can suspend him for those things, but let's not get crazy over here. Oh and, let us do a few things on defense too, to cover up for Steph.
    STERN-SILVER: You have yourself a deal, Role Player. But be warned! Should your plan fail to generate adequate additional revenue, we will demand no less than 80% of your cerebrospinal fluid from now until your end of days.
    KERR: (Looks at his CV, sees failed tenure as Phoenix GM) ...fine. Whatever.

And the rest was history. Moving screens were removed from the ledgers, the referees were brought on board, the NBA today looks completely different than it did a decade ago, and kids all over the world are dabbing their ways to hell. Everybody forgets the eleventh commandment, sealed away in the Apocrypha: THOU SHALT NOT DAB.

Poor kids. Eternal damnation is all that awaits them.

pippendagimp and Manny Ramirez like this.
  7. macan

macan Member

Donkey, stephanie, KD and their shxtty fans

D-rock likes this.
  8. aroundtheblock2

This. Their reaction as if they've overcome some huge obstacle is funny for supposedly the greatest team ever assembled.

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

perhaps the greatest post of this postseason.

10. The Sensei

The Sensei Contributing Member

The hate for the Warriors, coupled by the grit and fight of the Rockets is causing more and more people to root for Houston in Game 7. I've seen Jazz fans, Twolves fans, Thunder fans, Clippers fans, Pelicans fans, Raps fans, Celtics fans, and so many others put throw in their support for the guys in red.

Doesn't bode well that Cleveland advanced, but the Rockets always fight back hard with their backs against the wall. I hope they surprise us all with a gutsy performance.

D-rock likes this.