1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Who will be the 7th man up with CP3 out game 6?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by felixng2012, May 26, 2018.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also has a post up game and we can switch Curry onto him and take massive advantage of that.

We just need people to have one good game, that's it. Just play well for one game.

2. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Mboute, Ryno, and JJ in that order.

3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Im MDA I’d play Ryno, Nene, Luc, and JJ. Ask all the guys to ball out on defense and run run run on offense.

Try to tire out GS short rotation and hope the 3s are falling.

4. Voltik

Voltik Member

Luc is the only positive on defense against this Warriors team with switching. We can not play anyone that we can’t switch on defense or else we will create huge mismatches that will allow them to go off on us and get in rhythm that will be difficult to come back from.

Luc on defense and Ryno on offense are the only viable options, and possibly Joe can be used on mismatches to create offense. Nene can’t defend or create offense or space the floor. He should not be on the court.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I totally agree with this. I would play Ryno some to let Harden rest on defense. Once Ryno is in they will be trying to attack him instead of Harden.

I would take it one step further and just put Ryan on Durant. We want the warriors to play iso ball. Durant pull up two pointers won’t kill us. Curry and Klay bombs will.

snowconeman22 and pippendagimp like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Road Ryno to the rescue!

PhilCollins and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Boooo

In all seriousness I hope Ryan and Luc play well enough that a 6 man rotation is not even considered

9. HardLin

HardLin Member

Eric Gordon takes CP3's spot. Gerald takes Eric's spot. Luc takes Gerald's spot. 7 man rotation with the same defensive intensity.

Harden, Ariza, and Tucker will have another 40+ min game. That will suck, but GSW is also running their big 4 starters 40+ min.

Ryno may be worth a shot when David West is on the floor. He's better on the road and sometimes he can be a spark.

JJ is just not ready. With all the love MDA has shown him, he's just not performing at a high level on either end of the floor.
    Yeah, he can post up and shoot midrange, but when he does he hits at a very low level.
    He's crafty and has good defensive awareness but he's obviously the slowest guy on the floor and can get exploited.

Plowman likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I was the coach I would go deep and play very physical. I would try to muck up the game to try to keep the Warriors rattled and compel Durant to keep on playing hero ball. I would look to use a lot of guys for six fouls. It's going to be hostile environment as is with the odds stacked against so why not just make it an ugly slow game rather than a game of flow and speed that GSW wants to play.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I have been wanting to see the Prince D Durant in iso situations.

He contested the few Durant shots early on extremely well.

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I don't think it works that way lmao

peleincubus likes this.
  13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

He could also crack open our rotten 3 point shooting so far during these playoffs. Everything the Rockets are doing well aside (mostly their extraordinary defense) our 3 ball has gone missing. And the whole team seems to get scared about the 3 ball and that makes them tentative and that makes them miss. A major exception is Gerald Green who always plays with energy and is never in his head about shooting the 3.

To me, when we're struggling offensively, it makes all the sense in the world to get Ryan in for at least 3 attempts from 3 to see if he's hot. He is our second most fearless 3 point shooter and it seems a shame we're not even giving him a chance when our offense is struggling.

If Luc were healthy he'd be my clear favorite to take Paul's minutes but he's been so off that I'm concerned he's not ready to be back yet. Still want to give him a look. And I'd like to give Ryan and even iso Joe a few minutes too to see if they're having a hot night.

Our struggles from 3 seem to indicate giving Ryan a chance. It's the only thing he's known for and it's why we're paying him 20 mil to sit on the bench. When I met Ryan at opening night of Small Ball I told him that what I wanted most from him in the playoffs was 10 attempts from 3 per night because I think he has to be given a chance to find his rhythm. If he can, you're right, it opens things up for Harden incredibly much.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

lulz

15. Voltik

Voltik Member

On defense neither team chooses who guards whom. They will force the switch, but I agree that Anderson on Durant is the more favorable than Curry due to lack of quickness and length.

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What I’m saying is if we just put Anderson on Durant they won’t run any pick and rolls. It will just be Durant ISO, cuz you only pick to get a better matchup.

17. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Ryno can stretch the floor for Harden if he hits a few but he’s a defensive liability. He CANNOT stay with Draymond Green, nor does he have the lateral quickness to defend against pick-n-rolls.

The Rockets got to this point playing defense so if Luc can play then you give him a shot. If he starts missing layups you put a battle tested player like JJ on the floor. He’s been in the playoffs before and for one game can go balls out like he did in Utah last year.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Maybe balls in Joe Johnson??

19. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

I think paul's minutes will be spread to 2-3 players. We need them all to contribute. These 7-9th players will be fresh (and hopefully not rusty)!. Time for them to show they deserve minutes in the finals if they can bring us through!