1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Dantoni] Post CP3 Rotation for Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 25, 2018.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why the hell not? Give him a minute or two and see if he can provide a spark defensively as another rim protector.

Smacktle, whiskeyred and Williamson like this.
  2. Soneca

Soneca Member

Luc will have monster game. Mark my words. That Luc who we've grown to love will show up and shut those motherfukers down. No way we let this on go. We all miss Luc being Luc. Him, Ariza and PJ playing together, we've missed that!

hakeem94, Smacktle, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm all for putting luc out there for another try. reason being they can't ISO on him. joe johnson and ryno on the other hand would be BBQ chicken for GS. if luc doesn't pan out and the game is still within reach i'd then run nene when stephenie is sitting and try running capela for 35-38 minutes. basically zig when GS zags and just try to offensive rebound like hell with a bigger lineup.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think Ryan is a better defender than you give him credit for .

I think the only guy on GS who could carve up Ryan would be curry .... of course KD could score on him .... but Ryan would force him to take jumpers over him .

I really hope Ryan plays and can help us win

5. Mr. Space City

very concerning what's gonna happen to the rockets when harden goes to the bench because the warriors gonna have either curry or durant out there.

jboslett and J.R. like this.
  6. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Increase Green, Gordon and Tucker's minutes.

Harden needs to bring it.

Smacktle likes this.
  7. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I hope Luc is able to play decently. He has been horrible this series. His shot is off, and he cant finish around the rim. I'd just give GG more minutes and live with a 6 man rotation - CC, PJ, JH, TA, EG, and GG.

Smacktle likes this.
  8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

BTW - I think at this point Iso Joe has to be a consideration. I think he can hold up defensively and can probably finish offensively better than Luc near the basket. We can be confident that he wont be hesitant or shy away from the moment, though he might be a little slower defensively on rotations, etc.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is all about Harden. We need his J back plain and simple. We need MVP "cookin" Harden who made Draymond Green is son Harden.

It's on him. Probably the biggest legacy muidling game of any NBA player ever. I don't think there has ever been a single game in NBA history that could elevate a player's legacy like game 6 for Harden. He will skyrocket in the all time great lost if he pulls this off.

The largest concern I have without CP3 is I can see the Warriors start playing a fullcourt press as Harden has been known to get frustrated with it as the primary ball handler for the full game.

#69 fchowd0311, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

To put things into perspective, the Rockets "4 man rotation" shut down the Warriors on that last position with the Cook miss!

MDA can push the buttons!

Smacktle and D-rock like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I refuse to believe PJ THICC's skeleton is that thin.

12. JW86

JW86 Member

While it was ballsy to not play Luc and understandable, he was still bringing that defense so he should be fine. He should just risk injury and lay it all out there like it's the Finals game 7. Then Joe needs to show why we brought him here.

macho GRANDE and Smacktle like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we need his playmaking! i called it few months ago, just cant find the post now

macho GRANDE, Smacktle and Exiled like this.
  14. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

20 pumpfakes

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The one positive is defensively, we are better with Luc in there over cp3.

And all year long, our best offense is due to our best defense.

If we can amp up the defense even more, bog everything down, and maintain a close game until the end.... we got a great chance for the upset and closing this out.

The other path is an offensive explosion... but that’s very unlikely.

What we can’t afford to do is having a large number of turnover. Keep that to a min and allow our defense to clamp down.

16. Exiled

Exiled Member

Zhou will be finally unleashed

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets need to jack tons of threes in Game 6. Only way we'll win is if at least two or three guys get hot from 3. GS will swarm Harden now that he is the only facilitator on the court.

18. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Good point...i think they will press the ball handler all game. Rockets have to know this and it will suck pretty bad if we come out and dont look prepared for it.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thats why joe johnson playing could be huge...another playmaker when they force the ball out of hardens hand

macho GRANDE and D-rock like this.
  20. Voltik

Voltik Member

True but he would give up more defensively (penetration and 3’s) than produce points on the offense.