1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Last Two Minute Report from Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, May 23, 2018.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Perhaps I'm blind, but I never saw where the Livingston take foul supposedly occurred on the Chris Paul rebound. Not only did it look like incidental / minimal contact on the play, but Livingston's body language didn't indicate in any way that he was intentionally fouling. He didn't even look at the baseline ref, much less plead for a foul to be called. Seemed like a total phantom foul to me.

EDIT: Looking at it again, I do see where Livingston pushed Paul in the back before they jumped (at about 1.6 on the clock). But that's obviously not what they called, because the clock was reset to 0.5. The only thing I possibly see at 0.5 was some completely negligible contact that would never be called at any other point in a game.

#2 ClutchCityReturns, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no mention of thompson bear hug on harden on final play, as expected

4. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I hate that the Warriors get away with so much holding. I know every team does it, but the obvious way in which they do it and it's not called is pretty ridiculous.
    I saw Klay basically hold, and move as if he was blocking in a football game. Refs can't let those things go. If Steph gets it off in time and it goes in, and we lose, then only then would the media talk about it. A foul is a foul, no matter if at the start of the game or end of the game.

pippendagimp likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

well ariza was putting a ton of body & grabbing on klay also on his last shot attempt. they let that go. well take that

6. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

They let that go all game. It was a physical game. But that Klay screen was a blatant foul. Ariza played Klay the way Green plays every play on Defense.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Meh. Ariza is really fouling people on his screens right now. He will hug guys and push them. I'm cool with no calls on that right now!

ElPigto likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

klay wasnt even giving curry a screen. curry was already going to be open bc of gordon and tuck

yeah theres grabbing but at the end of the game you can see that pretty much get that from anyone. green gets away with alot of contact yeah but lets not act like they dont let alot of other things go as well. ariza is doing the type of screens to get the switch that green does. it is what it is

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I was wondering if they were going to point out the Curry travel with 40 seconds left, before he drove for the miss and Paul foul on Green. I didn't see it until replay either. I'm fine with the no call, only noticed it because of the aggressive defense by Ariza probably had something to do with it. Harden's good defense led to the other hard-to-see Curry travel.

Well, per L2R, Thomspon traveled before starting his dribble....thus before "Ariza (HOU) makes marginal contact with Thompson (GSW) that does not affect his SQBR." per L2R.

What gets me is not so much which way they call the Klay moving screen on the 0.5 play, but that they didn't even mention, vs every other CNC they mentioned. Check out all the CNC on screens in that report. Screens are one of the more common CNC (or INC) in the reports, to explain why things aren't called, as much as why they are. But no mention like it's not even close.

10. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

All the players seem to have gotten this memo. They're setting "screens" like offensive linemen clearing a hole.

justtxyank likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

i was pretty surprised they finally called one on green last night. I believe harden drew it as he tried to chase a bottom corner 3 attempt by curry or possibly klay. cant remember who it was

12. heypartner

You mean the fast break, where Curry threw ahead to Thompson in the corner, and Green held up his hands like "What?". I went back to replay that. We barely catch it on the TNT feed.

Or was there another one, too?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah that one and Green stood in awe for a min

14. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the refs let a LOT of fouls on us go uncalled so i'm grateful. i will not blame them for anything.

15. heypartner

I know TNT/Barkley confirmed Curry didn't shoot in time, but wasn't sure if anyone posted the screen shot.

Here, I made one. Not even close. He's still cocked with both hands on it.

[​IMG]

RCPM likes this.
  16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Not going to complain about the refs. Some of the early touch foul calls were annoying, but generally they let us play physical defense, which made all the difference in the world. Anytime the refs call it tight, it benefits the Worriers. We need the refs to let them play.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

2-2 is exactly how the NBA wants it. They're happy with the results.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That may have something to do with the fact that the shot would not have counted.

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

"We've determined that the clock started too early, so we're allowing the basket. We're also retroactively assessing a technical foul on Chris Paul for throwing the ball into the air on the previous possession." - Referees, probably

MyLateRegistration likes this.