1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Our guys are sentimental. We need stoic killers.

Also our in game adjustments have been nil.

Painful loss.

2. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Say what you will about TMac, but even that loser tried in that game 7 disaster with the Mavs. WTF was Harden doing? He's my boy, but it's **** like these that get him **** on by everyone.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  3. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

Man, didn't mind the loss. I did mind the lack of effort, concentration, poor everything. This was deflating because the whole team looked as if they just left the club and laid down with their pants down. Looking for answers ... Is Golden State this much better? I refuse to think they are. Just venting this disappointing collaborative team effort.

4. plates300

plates300 Member

How do you not come out with energy and effort for the conference finals? Disappointing to say the least.

5. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Glad I missed the game to go on a dinner date with my girlfriend. I would have been pissed to see this live

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. Drogba

Drogba Member

I think the 4 day rest killed our momentum & partly was to blame for tonight. Getting beat that badly will trigger a Game 4 response just like it did for the Warriors.

Games like these were always a possibility, no need to overreact.

adw, boojaka and BigShasta like this.
  7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

19 turnovers
    19 missed lay ups

That’s all...

Deuce, motleydeflep6 and BigShasta like this.
  8. s3ts

s3ts Member

so that means we'll always lose weekend games? because he goes to the damn club? ****.

9. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

Warriors covered -40.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Thank you Jay for your tempered and rational response. As a fan I just have to vent a bit from my frustration for what I was seeing on tv.

Just did not look inspired and smart. They did absolutely nothing they did in game 2. As a fan I’ve got to wonder why they didn’t stick to the EXACT game plan and playing style that they had in game 2. Why were they standing around again like in game 1? It’s frustrating because you think “ok they’ve figured it out, from here on out they’ll play that way”.

And them not making layups being deflating.....yeah I get that. Then MAKE YOUR LAYUPS. Seriously what is the deal with them not making bunnies tonight? It wasn’t the Warriors.

JayGoogle likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike:

End of 1st Q, 22-22. They went on 9-0 run, mostly foul, didn't box out, didn't do this, didn't do that. Down 11 at half, felt good (@Mr. Space City) because we could correct that stuff. 7 straight out the half. Not enough force. We'll have to correct it. They did their part. Another game Tuesday. Gotta play with a lot more force.

Didn't switch, didn't box out, one thing led to another. We played soft. Didn't make shots early, turned it over. Not a good game. Will have to play better Tuesday.

Steph Curry?

He's good & sooner or later he'll erupt. We let him get going. Didn't get into him. Easier to shoot up 18-20. Didn't make them uncomfortable all night. It'll be better Tuesday. Our guys know what they gotta do, let's see if we can do it again.

How do you explain playing soft in a game like this?

2nd game is pretty big too. Sometimes the way it goes. We got down early, didn't do the little things. They gave us a haymaker & we went down. We have short memories, it's 2-1. We need one up here. We gotta go get it.

Things you gotta correct, is it layups?

Double-whammy. Missed layup & they go down & score. When they missed, didn't box out. Turned it over 20 times. Gotta make layups & get back. It's correctable. Let's see what we do Tuesday.

whiskeyred, adw, Vivi and 1 other person like this.
  12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

afraid so....them booties too good to resist man.

s3ts likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Best thing about an embarrassing loss, I can ignore sports media freeing up a lot more time to do other things. Like, walk around the block.. shoot random free throws in the park... research drought patterns in cape town.

Richie_Rich, adw, CometsWin and 3 others like this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Rockets deserve EVERYTHING negative coming their way between now and gm4 - from analysts, fans (ours and theirs) etc

These mfrs can't play after extended time off.

whiskeyred, PeterKingX and Surfguy like this.
  15. Zergling

Zergling Member

There was definitely a snowball effect here with the Rockets missing so much at the paint and Curry making a few shots. Combination of the Rockets getting frustrated and mentally down while Curry gets hot gets you a 40 point loss

16. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

The thing I dont understand about today’s NBA is the acceptance and respect KD gets from his NBA peers. Someone makes a b**** move like that, you would think the rest of the league would be fouling him hard, talking smack, and giving him a hard time in general. Especially teams that worked hard gunning for ship. The dude basically broke the NBA and other players are still partying with him and showing respect. Theres no true passion for the game anymore. You know for a fact if say a prime Barkley or Penny decided to join the Bulls in the 90s, the rest of the league would do its best to ‘level’ the playing field.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

So? He’s delusionsal. We got castrated on national TV

18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I have a bad feeling this game killed their confidence

19. TheresTheDagger

Look up "Memorial Day Massacre".

20. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A loss is a loss, but those talk shows on TV are going to have a field day for a few days.

whiskeyred, GottaHaveHeart and s3ts like this.