1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

THIS JUST IN! TRADE COMING! (Moochie For Weatherspoon)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKET RICH NYC, Dec 30, 2003.

1. ZRB

ZRB Member

Any time Moochie entered a game, the Rockets fell apart. He is responisble for at least six losses this year. Good riddance.

2. mingboki

mingboki Member

Bad news guys. NY will most likely leave Mooch unprotected in the Charlette draft and get him off the books THIS summer. Essentially ridding 12 million off the cap for the price of just buying out Ameachis contract. CD screwed up on this one IMO. If Wilks is better than Moochie,then why not just put Mooch on IR and play Wilks? For some reason fans in other cities LOVE moochie. Im sure the Bobcats will take him. Wouldnt surprise me if the owner of Bobcats and Isiah are friends and make it happen.

3. Cohen

Cohen Member

Why hang around on the 'DAYUM' baord anyway? Why don't you just move on?

BY ALL MEANS--DO IT.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

New Knick Norris looks forward to fresh start

December 31, 2003
    HOUSTON (AP) -- The newest New York Knick, Moochie Norris, is disappointed to be leaving Houston but thrilled to play for one of his idols, Isiah Thomas.

``Just to go up there and be around him, I'm sure he'll come down and show me some things,'' Norris said Wednesday before boarding a plane to New York. ``He's one of my favorite point guards of all time -- him and John Stockton.''

Norris, who played five seasons for the Rockets, was dealt Tuesday along with center John Amaechi, who is expected to be waived. In exchange, the Rockets received forward Clarence Weatherspoon.

It's the first deal for Thomas, the former Detroit Pistons star, since he replaced the fired Scott Layden last week as Knicks president.

``I was a little disappointed about leaving Houston because it's home,'' Norris told TV station KRIV.

Norris was averaging 2.7 points and 1.6 assists for Houston this season. He was a second-round pick by Milwaukee in the 1996 draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-knicks-norris&prov=ap&type=lgns

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Member

Taking Moochie and his salary would be a terrible way to start a franchise. The Clippers will be praying for that to happen so they won't be considered the worst front-office in the league anymore. I'm sure Charlotte will not be that dumb. They will have plenty of better options at the PG than Moochie.

6. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

awww :(

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Just because he is left unprotected doesnt mean he gets taken.
    Im sure there are better guards out there who will also be unprotected.

Wether or not fans love him means absolutley nothing to GMs, especially one who has to get together a decent group of players for a fickle city.

No matter how you want to spin this one...we got the better end of the deal. Spoon is still capable of playing and providing some rebounding...what exactly was Moochie and Meechie doing for us?

Nothing.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Spoon = zero trade value

Mooch + Meech = negative trade value (you have to GIVE people something to take them off your hands)

If my math is still good, zero > negative. We got a good deal.

For those who hope this means more PT for Wilkes, think about this: If Wilkes is better than Moochie, why is he behind Moochie in JVG's depth chart? JVG doesn't play a player simply out of loyalty.

My guess is that they will use JJ as temporary backup PG until they can bring in a serviceable PG to backup Francis.

9. GATER

GATER Member

The whole premise of your statement is that NY gets some huge cap benefit relief from Moochies expiring $4/year contract because Thomas and the owner of the Bobcats are friends? And teams lineup for Moochie because he's a fan favorite?

Flimsy...very flimsy.

10. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Is there going to be a move? Any rumors?

11. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

This is not a quick fix or even a tune up.

12. GATER

GATER Member

CORRECTION: Moochies departing $4m/yr contract.

13. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Member

Good trade.

Just wondering if any of you would swap Francis + for AI?

14. GATER

GATER Member

Only if it's a 3 teamer and Iverson goes somewhere else. :p

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

No, this is like tearing down that annoying, hanging headliner in your 80' Cutlass that's full of safety pins and tape. Addition by subtraction.

16. Yetti

Yetti Member

This is the complete reverse of what the Rockets need.Please think about it!

17. wgray

wgray Member

i don't know what to think abought this i realy don't know wetherspoon. any 1 have any idea when we will get to see him?

18. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Member

I know why this happen. Moochie Norris was a a timeout/huddle distraction. mooch still kept to clowning around during timeouts and JVG doesnt take that. yankee or no yankee, you can only put up with that ragamuffin for so long.

19. Summer Song Giver

Yeah, but it's still a '80 Cutlass we're talking about here.

20. iOrange

iOrange Member

Nice, it's time to update my signature. ;)