1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/16/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 15, 2018.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Celtics are a bridge that is yet to be approached. Rockets need to get game 3 first...

MrButtocks and saleem like this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Thats so stupid. I guess you have every fan pinned down. People that never make predictions and then hunt down those that did after the fact are far worse.

donkeypunch and SF3isBack!! like this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I think I found out about him cause you posted one of his videos here. He's got a few more from last night. They're all gold.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

yeah Nick Wright was repping hard earlier on FS1 and listed off a bunch of stats from last night's game. Basically the Rockets were at their season average for 3pt attempts and percentage, defensive rating, turnovers-to-assist ratio, overall FG%, etc.

ClutchCityReturns likes this.
  5. Drogba

Drogba Member

Lol, from "the Warriors want to embarrass the Rockets for all that talking" to they got complacent in the space of only 2 days. Wow.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. marky :)

marky :) Member

Is there any news on CP3's ankle/heel? He was clearly limping at the end of the game.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I don't recall caring much for Nick Wright when he was on radio here, but he has definitely been a bright light in terms of national Rockets commentary this season. Always brings good reasoning and relevant statistics to the table.

9. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

With Klay, that's the 2nd time he's been held to single-digit scoring against the Rockets this season (both times, held to 8 points). 1st time was the January 20th Rockets victory at the TC. In fact, those 2 games were (tied for 2nd) for his lowest scoring output the entire season (only the January 27th game vs Boston, he scored 7 points in that one).

Drogba likes this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

There are 14 million possibilities, and the only one with the Rockets winning is losing game 1.

Tfor3, gatsby, Drogba and 7 others like this.
  11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

When we all sit back and think about it some more. I really do think that the problems between Howard/Harden and that era were mostly because of a lack of good coaching. McHale and Bickerstaff were just a horrible coaching proposition with no clue how to make adjustments to any degree. This coaching scenario if remedied with a new staff on time might have prevented Howard from leaving. But Howard was stubborn and couldn't to some degree do the things Capela could do. What do you guys think?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cowturd:

One things I've learned through the years, people say give my team credit. I'm not in the credit business. MasterCard & Visa are in the credit business. I'm in the honesty business. Fans want credit. If LeBron loses and shoots 8-32 and I say he has an off night, Celtics fans say "Whoa! Give us credit." Fans are constantly seeking credit.

Sometimes the truth is painful. The truth last night is the better team Golden State took the night off. Go look at the box score. The number one effort statistic is rebounds. You have to work hard, care, hustle to get rebounds. Total rebounds: Houston BIG. Defensive rebounds: Houston BIG. Offensive rebounds: Houston BIG. Those are effort stats. Golden State didn't bring the effort. "Colin, give us credit!" I'm not in the credit business. Houston shot almost 52% from the floor. Why? That's another effort stat. If you're shooting over 50% as a team in the playoffs when the refs allow physicality, that means you're getting easy looks. That means the better team took the night off. This is what Golden State has been doing for years. They're very calculated. They're a dynasty & lost 24 regular season games. They've lost by 20 several times, lost by 30, lost by 40 in the last month twice. Ever since they won 73, went for the record and were exhausted in the Finals and lost, they've said we'll pick our spots. "Colin, Michael Jordan would never do that!" He did it all the time. Remember 95-96 Bulls 72-10? They lost to the expansion Raptors. Michael didn't show up. I'll give Steve Kerr credit. He said yeah, we didn't care much. Total painful honesty.

Have you ever heard the saying "Bring your A game." Do you know why it exists? People don't bring their A game all the time. Every industry picks their spots. Why are all the good movies released in the late fall? That's how you win awards. In TV, why do they release their best/new shows in the fall? During fall sweeps. For certain meetings, dates, anniversaries, don't you ratchet it up a little? All Golden State has to do is win their home games & they'll win the series. If you can't see this pattern, I don't know what to tell you. They've been showing us this since the playoffs started a month ago. Win 3, get blown out. Win 3, get blown out. Win 3, get blown out. After winning 3 straight games, last night they got blown out. Go look. Clobbered Spurs 3 times, got shelled. Wrapped up series vs. Spurs, took 2-0 lead on the Pelicans & then got shelled. Wrapped up the series with the Pelicans, started by getting home court from Houston & then got shelled. They didn't bring their A game. The better team lost.

Drogba likes this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I love it.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

He sounds like a Warrior homer here.

I laugh.

Tfor3 likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Tfor3, jojolover, saleem and 2 others like this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

I'm seeing a lot of chatter about how the role players' performance can't be sustained, which is probably true, but those guys playing that well was basically the difference between the Rockets merely winning and the Rockets getting a 30-point blowout. If the Rockets can just get straight average output from their role players going forward, they'll still be in a great position to compete in every game.

Tfor3, rocks123 and saleem like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Ummm I'm gonna say i heavily disagree. If we get passed the Warriors, we will handle the Celtics in 4-5 games. Their offense is not comparable at all to the Warriors and we will destroy them. Them not having Kyrie will make it even easier since attention will be diverted to guys like Rozier and Horford.

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

The constant negativity is just annoying dude, and for a guy who says this message board stuff isnt bothering him, you sure are responding alot LOOL.

I feel bad for even responding to this non sense. I'll just put you on ignore and we good.

#2320 HP3, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018