1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/14/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks for the correction.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

We need all men on deck! Even Ryno. Why not? Even Kevin Love woke up in the past couple of games when before he was underperforming by a factor of 5.

Wishing the Rockets the very best of luck in the coming epic series! Let's bring it home guys!

lw17, Smacktle, djperm and 8 others like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's the biggest game of the year, no doubt. It's also the best chance for the Rockets to grab Game 1. Defense, rebounding, low turnovers and quick passing to the open guys are the keys. Converting defense into offense off turnovers is vital. It can be done. Go Houston Rockets! Believe in yourselves.

4. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

I think he will have to show up for us to win this series

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

For sure I was understating Korver's abilities. He's not just a set shooter. His movement off ball is a big part of why he gets open shots in the first place, plus he can shoot in all those situations you described. At 37 he's still hard to guard. Thompson is younger, faster, and can score in higher volume so imagine how hard it is to chase him around!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets in six. We win game one handily.

8. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

Media and Fans didn't get Astros any chance to beat the Yankees or Dodgers. I think We need to prove them Wrong and Play our asses off. Bring the Championship Home.

lw17, Smacktle, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

While I dont think it may matter in that GS is an excellent road team, but them not having home court in a series for the first time in the last 4 (including this one) postseasons is still really important for the Rockets. 3 of the 4 odd number games will be in Houston. If the series is ever tied thats a huge advantage in Houston's favor. Having the first two games at home is big too from a psychological standpoint. Houston is good enough to win in Oracle, but having to play the first two there and potentially going down 2-0 pretty much means the series is over. Even if GS wins one of the first two games the Rockets would need to win one at oracle which is doable. Of course going down 0-2 when the first two are at home pretty much means GS will sweep the series.

Draymond did say this was somewhat new to them since they started their dominant run, but its not anything that they cannot handle. But its definitely one of the few things that are in the Rockets' favor, they just cant squander this advantage they worked so hard for to have over the regular season

Smacktle, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  10. Soneca

Soneca Member

For the people preaching for Ryno, sorry but I can't see him making any difference. Ryno will probably take Nene's minutes, but hard to see him being able to see the floor for more than 10 min a night. Our switching D cannot afford to have Ryno on the court, unfortunately.

Gerald Green will have to be effective, though. Hopefully Clutch will have to eat the crow if Green's spot in the rotation ends up being a necessity in our championship run. He'd gratefully do so, I can imagine!

Can't wait for Monday to arrive. I'm dying to see CP3 and James abusing Curry! I don't believe I was ever as pumped up before a Rockets game, once I've started following the Rockets just after the two championships. IMHO, we won't lose or win the series in game 1 no matter the result. But I do hope we can take game 1 and make them a bit scared going into game 2. My mind tells me not to get my hopes too high, but come Monday I may not be able to think properly anymore!

Go Rox!!!!

lw17, Smacktle, Jayzers_100 and 3 others like this.
  11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's amazing how close all the postseason stats are between the two teams. It seems like we've been struggling, but our offensive and defensive ratings are similar to theirs. I'm sure we can play better than we already have. Will they?

Smacktle, BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  12. RCPM

RCPM Member

MY BODY IS READY! GO ROCKETS!!!

Smacktle, djperm, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  13. RyanB

RyanB Member

these are definitely the NBA FINALS
    i'm proud whatever the outcome would be
    just wanna see my Rockets play smart and give all their all
    i'm predicting this series to go to 6 or 7 games

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Utah was a great defensive team.

Pelicans are the second worst.

Media looks at the Pels and thinks the Warriors are in hyper drive but the Pels didn’t have the length to bother GSW.

Smacktle, DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

durant is such a beta p***y. Championship on lock if this snake doesn't slither there.

I can't stand all the **** talk from the media. We better come prepared monday.

-EGO ---> Get your ass to the GYM and shoot those shots, watch a lot of film too
    -RYNO ---> Do w.e you have to not play like a scared vag.
    -Harden --> Get well, theres no tired or sick this next round...we need you all 48 minutes.

houston19519 likes this.
  16. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Pelicans put up a fight for 4 out of 5 games and it was close, so we definitely have a chance at home. The crowd has to be into it though! And I hope MDA’s bench usage will be flexible. We need to be strategic and mix it up, not hold on to things we did before if it doesn’t work. I say we win game 1, but not by much and we don’t have anyone explode for 35-40, team effort it is.

Smacktle and hakeem94 like this.
  17. farr3l

farr3l Member

The fight is on

Smacktle and DonKnock like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Not to be a downer, but I'd really feel more comfortable on the road for the first two games, I feel like our boys really show out at Oracle Arena but its whatever.

One thing I dont want to happen is Nick Young getting hot, I hate getting beat by a dude who just gets hot and chucks. Except for Gerald, he da best.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. macan

macan Member

let's get these MFers!

Smacktle and DonKnock like this.
  20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Rockets in 6

DonKnock likes this.