1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matching up with GSW's "Hamptons Five"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, May 9, 2018.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Greedily collect all-stars, making the league much less competitive, and give them a lame nickname which references an elitist enclave, but they still get to be the baby faces. Amazing.

2. Milby Buff

Milby Buff Member

Ryno will have to play this series, He needs Nene's minutes, if he's hitting his shots extend them if he's not we don't lose anything by giving him the few minutes Nene plays. Nene cant play with that 5 GS starts with

3. 1Deep

1Deep Member

In my opinion we should be able to kill that line-up on the boards. Capela and Tuck should be able to handle Donkey and dominate on the boards.

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Yeah, no Harden on Klay or Curry. CP3 can hold his own against Curry and Harden should be on KD / Iggy with Tucker on Green. I really hope MDA is flexible and at least checks if Ryno can play again. Maybe even Joe.

6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I think you'll see Harden and CP3 split the Curry/Klay matchups. JH tends to end up with Klay and I could see that staying in place. We've used Ariza in the past vs KD and I don't see that changing here. My guess is PJ gets Iggy and Capela handles Green.

If I'm MDA I go to Capela early and often via lobs and low post plays. Green struggles against bigger players and Capela has the agility to create problems.

I think we will struggle v KD and we'll need Ariza to give us something on offense. Luc might fare better, in which case we might need to consider starting him at some point if indeed he handles KD better. I also think we might see RA come in this series as Capela's backup instead of Nene. Nene has struggled mightily and he is too rigid, fouls too often, doesn't bring enough offensively, etc. To warrant heavy minutes. I hope I'm wrong but this is a guess.

7. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

“Hampton’s 5”, that’s cute if they plan to play 48 minutes 7 times......
    Our second 5 is head and shoulders above theirs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Mr. Space City

with the way we switch and the way they move around the ball nobody is going to primarily guard anybody in this series.

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I agree, because my biggest concern is the Curry and Durant side PnR, where they put everyone else on the other side of the floor. Being able to switch Tucker and Ariza doesn't leave us as vulnerable. I also let Green and Iguodola have as many 3s as they can shoot with a hand up. Don't blatantly disrespect them but show on 3s. Gordon, Green, Luc, and Nene have to dominate their bench.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I'm calling it now...Ryno coming out party. He's going to have a throwback to his games against the GSW this season. Watch out yall

BigMaloe, DwangBoy and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

My god we gonna crush them! cant wait for media to find excuses for the worriers...only adam silver can stop us worriers cant...

12. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I’d do.....

Curry Ariza
    Green Tucker
    KD CC
    Iguo Harden
    Thompson Paul

13. hopn

hopn Member

D-rock likes this.
  14. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I predict we're going to force a lot of turnovers

conclusion

profit!

15. HookemHorns1250

If that’s the lineup that they want to run, then you have to destroy them in the paint, with either Harden driving or tossing it up to Capela If they collapse.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

This made me laugh, but to be fair they didn't collect all-stars outside of signing Durant. You have to give credit to GS for scouting, drafting and developing Curry, Thompson and especially Green. The Durant signing really made the team villains. Even the 73 win team had Barnes (drafted) and Bogut who they got through a trade. The Warriors built a team the correct way and took advantage of a once in a lifetime jump to get Durant, but the reality is what team would not do the same?

Not many people, especially their new "fans" remember the really bad stretch they had after the Baron/JRich/SJax Warriors core where they were in the lottery several years in a row to get the pics to land Barnes, Curry and Thompson (not to mention the occasional dude like Udoh) Warriors organically built a dynasty (again up until the Durant signing)

ElPigto likes this.
  17. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Absolutely, it is pretty obvious but the key is can Draymond and Iguodala make their threes/jump shots. Basically have to leave them open and dare them to beat us - would rather watch them take wide open shots than Curry taking contested threes.

NO played at such a fast pace and turned the ball over it allowed GS to get a bunch of transition looks for their stars - I think that's where our low turnover rate and isolation offense (which has slowed down as the season has gone on) will help us.

BigMaloe and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

This. Force Curry to switch onto Capela, Harden, or Tuck.

19. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Agreed on all points.

20. HiddenFlawe

HiddenFlawe Member

i hate that name the hampton five gtfo

dc rock likes this.