1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr's Worst Nightmare

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 9, 2018.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

James Harden crossing over Stephen Curry and draining threes in his face!:eek:

Rinse and Repeat.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Deserved. Its. Own. Thread.

[​IMG]

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

No. His worst nightmare is Chris Paul laughing at him (not with him)

[​IMG]

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would think his worst nightmare would be the day he found out his Dad had been gunned down...basketball isn't that important.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Really wonder what Kerr said with his little push closed fist motion, it’s almost like he’s saying “great move” suggesting CP3 pushed off haha

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

What yo 1’s look like?

8. csc177

csc177 Member

Clint Capela is their nightmare and our x-factor

9. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

10. rocketsmetalspd

Kerr is a tool. This guy is all smug. I can't wait for the series to begin.

11. rocketsmetalspd

Kerr likes his players to play tough and get into another players. I am sure he just didn't like seeing CP3 get away with what he likes his players to do.

Tfor3 likes this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I have a hard time looking at Kerr’s mug these days. He’s such an entitled Dbag.

Man I’ve been angry lately. ;)

Tfor3, slothy420 and Nook like this.
  13. BigTex

BigTex Member

Just some veiled anger, smug passive aggression from Steve Kerr. Taking a shot at CP3. Same as tweeting about Harden and then being like oh my silly iPhone X lol :rolleyes:

Tfor3, NL Rocket and Killatron 2000 like this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nah. I think he mainly does things the right way. I really don't like donkey, Zaza or Curry at all. Iggy's a really interesting player and Kerr is a great coach. Far from being entitled, he's told everyone repeatedly that he's just super lucky to have started coaching with this team and their front office, and he's right.

Don't get me wrong. I'm so so sick of the Warriors and all their lame Bay Area bandwagon fans. But Kerr, who I hear every week on the radio, is mostly a funny, chill dude. Yeah, he makes statements and plays the refs like all good coaches try to do, but I don't think he's a Dbag. Far from, IMO.

joeson332 likes this.
  15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

wait what is his worst nightmare

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

That crowd though. Can we have that every home game for four quarters?

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

When you talk about luck, has there ever been a dude so lucky. Played with MJ, got to win with the Spurs as well. Was the GM of the Suns for their days contending, TNT analyst and now coach to one of the most prolific NBA teams in the past decade.
    Yeah he can come off as smug but I have nothing agaisnt him. Im sure I def will these next two weeks however.

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

And then blocking Curry's three on the next play.

hakeem94 and slothy420 like this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

This looks like Astros vs Yankees last postseason. Aaron Judge so hyped by media, Kevin Durant same way. This series will test Harden, Paul, Capela and the whole team, Bench Points is a must. Their bench is quite depleted, No Casspi, Swaggy P didn't play last game. Eric Gordon, Luc Mbah Moute, Gerald Green need to be aggressive and confident in shooting. Maybe Ryan Anderson play stretch Center for a couple of minutes

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Don't confuse false modesty with humility. Steve Kerr is passive aggressive and talks a lot of **** behind closed doors as well. Further, as much as he likes to portray himself as this progressive guy; I still vividly remember him over and over referring to Yao Ming as "Chinaman" even after people pointed out it wasn't appropriate. He knows better, he grew up in an well educated household.

As far as him as a coach. He deserves credit for not screwing things up, and I do believe that he knows that. I will give him credit for making a good adjustment in the Finals last year. However, he also never should have lost to the Cavs in the Finals and mostly the Warriors lost because Kerr failed to adjust to the physical size and transition of the Cavs. Also, most of the sets that the Warriors run came from Alvin Gentry and they have not really adjusted much since then.

He isn't terrible, but he also isn't a basketball genius either. He destroyed the Suns as well.

Tfor3 and Deuce like this.