1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Warriors? Make your pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, May 9, 2018.

?

Who will win the WCF?

Poll closed May 13, 2018.
  1. Rockets in 7

46.1%
  2. Rockets in 6

22.4%
  3. Rockets in 5

7.2%
  4. Rockets in 4

3.1%
  5. Rockets in 3 (Hey, I'm optimistic!)

6.2%
  6. Warriors in 4

0.9%
  7. Warriors in 5

3.4%
  8. Warriors in 6

8.1%
  9. Warriors in 7

2.5%
  1. Reeko

Reeko Member

my disappointment levels will be through the roof

Jayzers_100 and Jontro like this.
  2. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

They will hide Curry and put Klay on CP3 if he gets abused too much tbh.

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

where will they hide him?

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  4. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

They could make him guard Ariza who isn't exactly a great scorer or Luc.

5. jayfree

jayfree Member

Rockets win the series....

-This team was built to compete and beat the Warriors. It just so happens that it worked for the rest of the league as well.
    -The offseason defensive minded acquisitions were brought in to exploit the Warriors weaknesses.
    -Golden State will make their run to begin the 1st and 3rd quarters, but the Rockets will exploit their bench and CP3 will pick apart the Warriors second unit.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. McRaggize

McRaggize Member

Even my grandma knows all that Rockets have done during the last offseason was targeting for GS. So after preparing it for the whole season, my prediction is:

Rockets in 5

D-rock and Mazulis like this.
  7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

And that's why whoever Curry is hidden on will have to come front and centre as soon as Harden/Paul cross the centre line to get the switch.

We absolutely cannot let Curry chill on defense.

D-rock likes this.
  8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Rockets in 7, I think it will be 1-1, then we steal one back and win both our home games. No way it's over after 5, it will go to 6 or 7. Warriors and Rockets are playing at a high level, CP3, Tucker & Capela in particular are just taking it up a notch and have maintained it over at least the last 3 games. Harden is up and down so we need him better, but overall he's been very good. Mbah is getting better. I am worried about Joe, Ryan not being ready since Gordon and Green are too up and down. I'm concerned about Nene though I wonder if he has any role to play this series. McGee will block his shot easily, but maybe against ZaZa to punch him in the face. That would be nice if they play him.

The key is for CP3 to get up on Curry, Ariza and Tucker to lock down Durant and Green and Capela to use that rim protection to keep anyone from getting easy lay-ups. What it will come down to though is our 3pt defense I believe. If we let Curry, Durant or even Klay - who's been up and down - get open looks, this series could be over quickly. We have been doing a better job, but even in the game against the Jazz they were getting open looks for Burke who was hot. That just cannot happen. On offense we will have to mix it up like in the last few games, guys to hit their open threes and we must take care of the ball like we have been doing.

So most of it is just take what we did during this little winning streak and crank it up even more. Physical play has been our strong suit, but we cannot let Green bait us and whining to the refs just needs to stay limited. Harden in particular needs to keep his focus and not worry about getting foul shots. I don't want to see too many of those 14 seconds holding the ball by Harden, just pushing off a guy only for it turn into a late shot clock pass off or bad three pointer, a sloppy pass, a turnover or even a foul. I definitely do not want to see Capela holding the ball for 5-10 seconds while Harden or CP3 cannot shake off their guy. If he cannot pass it off, just make a move. We need to play quick and decisively.

I'm ready, let's take care of this puppy!!

jayfree likes this.
  9. igotwhipscollectingdust

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

These 2 teams have the most Intelligent baskeball players in the league not named Lebron.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I picked before the season started.

Mazulis and daywalker02 like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

I think it will come down our ability to handle Durant and not allow Green to be a lethal play maker for them. He creates so many points for them.Luc and Trevor on Durant and Tucker on Green will be huge. They have a better starting lineup but i feel we have more depth.

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

Can't wait for Monday... when the real NBA Finals start

TheRealAllpro and Mazulis like this.
  14. flyingadam

flyingadam Member

If the beard still struggles with 3 I don't think rockets can get it over in WCF.....

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

to me whoever wins game 1 has a huge advantage. simply because it's so difficult to beat either of these teams 2 games in a row. so i see us winning game 1 (we're more ready than they are after a UTA series where every possession was a dogfight) and taking them in game 7 :)

16. bmelo

bmelo Member

I feel like season just started for me. Now let's se what we are about and no matter the outcome we didn't fall too short

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's not so easy to just say "let's hide Curry" for them. The Rockets force a ton of switches intentionally, it's kind of plan A. Even if they try to bury Curry on Ariza, Tucker, or Luc, we can still target Curry by forcing him to switch onto people he doesn't want to have to guard.

D-rock likes this.
  18. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

This series is so hyped up I pray we don’t get smacked. Please Rockets give us the greatest series of our life.

jayfree likes this.
  19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

This is OUR time. The world is watching civilian and nba. I hope we win. It' gonna be a dog fight. I EXPECT either one of Hou or GSW to make major changes in the off season who ever gets eliminated tho. Being a realist , I'd say HOU in 6 or 7. Like someone mentioned above Game 1 is very important....

20. riko

riko Member

All we have to do is protect our home court . Game 1 and 2 will be paramount