1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute dislocates his right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I was surprised to see Luc played 20 minutes on the 1st game back. Good to see. Ariza, Luc and Tucker will be super important against the Worriers. Our own lineup of death.

I was never one to criticize Ryno, but I predict very limited pt for him against those guys. Too one-dimensional now, though he was great on that season opener win in Oakland. Need Ryno to be back to road warrior and Gordon to EGwad. History could be made.

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Although Luc didn't contribute that much on offense in Game 1, his defense was sorely missed. Just watch the man when he's on the floor. He starts his rotation a full beat before most players would and that makes a huge amount of difference. Incredibly smart defender.

BigMaloe and bj3175 like this.
  3. OTMax

OTMax Member

How do you guys think he looks? To me he doesn't look 100% at all,. He's played 16-21 minutes, was a minus 10 and 11 in game 2 & 3, +3 in game 4. His shot not falling, but mostly he's less aggressive on both ends. He's not running that much like he always does on the break, he's not cutting. I really hope his shoulder is okay, he did get hit hard on the drive in game 4, but we need him to be his stellar defensive self and to get us those easy opportunities on the break and off of cuts to the basket.

jboslett and don grahamleone like this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's not finishing the same at all. His cutting is still fine...but when he gets the rim you can tell he's hesitant. He got hit on the shoulder twice last game and you can see it in his face that he was a little worried. His defense is still very good...not great like before but he's always sound. He's also not hitting the same 3-pt shots like in the regular season. Rockets-Warriors probably won't start until Monday though so at least he'll have a little rest.

Hakeemtheking and DonKnock like this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

He is gettin better.... but he is almost there..... good to go imo... he is big for this team.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He looks like he is playing while thinking about his shoulder.

Tentative.

Looks at about 75% but unfortunately we need him to be at 110% to go all the way.

Lawlruschang and arabrocket like this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I'd say more like 85%... he might be close to his normal self by the time we get to the WCF.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

To think people wanted him to sit out this series and have his first action be against GSW. Thankfully the Rockets are smarter than that.

D-rock, Lawlruschang and ramotadab like this.
  9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

When he was out he was worried about the strength of his shoulder coming back. I can see it in his 3s he's a little short on them bc of the decreased strength. The one 3 he hit, he had forward momentum coming from running on a break. His defense still seems good tho.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#709 Nelly, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    Deuce, BigMaloe, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Donovan Mitchell looked like he was getting clowned by Luc, he pretty much read him like a book.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

0% is pretty good! Mitchell has a hard time shooting over him. I remember several awkward looking bad shot attempts

D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Offensively, he's not been good. When he gets the ball anywhere near the paint, he's hesitant and I don't blame him. Thankfully the Rockets don't really need him to score in order to win.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luc is the man.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

His offense was always a Bonus
    but yeah
    I think I can see him struggling with his shot because of the injury

Rocket River

saleem likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He'll need to make 3s to keep advancing.

Nook and saleem like this.
  16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Luc and Ariza on Durant will be great.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

He doesn't need to against Utah, but he would have to let it all hang out against Golden State. I'm sure he would.

18. MD_in_Training

With the way we play defense, they can get a KD over CP3 shot every time down the floor... until we double, at which point, we have to find a way to bait Draymond into taking the shot.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

What up with the crappy D from EGo?? He's better than that.

saleem likes this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Durant taking long twos is fine. Houston will take that every time. When Durant goes off, Klay and Steph aren’t. That will be what Houston wants.

BigMaloe likes this.