1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mike Greenberg] Warriors will beat Rockets and it will be non competitive.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, May 7, 2018.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I agree with most everything except we will be putting harden on draymond or iggy defensively.

Also, I think we see a lot of luc/ariza in this potential series to guard curry/klay.

I think we are content with Durant pull up mid range 2s over the defense. Whether it be cp3, harden, Gordon whatever.

Durant is shooting 55.15% on mid range and non restricted twos.

.5515 * 2 = 1.103pps

Klay is 39.4% from 3
    .394 * 3 = 1.182pps

Steph is 42.9% from 3
    .429 * 3 = 1.287pps

Durant is 28.1% from 3 (strange)
    .281 * 3 = 0.843

Now Durants % currently from 3 is not an accurate representation, but it also speaks to why he has been so locked in from 2.

None the less, all 3 players are elite scorers with Durant being the least efficient and least elite.

Give me long 2s from Durant all day with isolation.

2. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Agree with just about everything you said except the bolded part. With all due respect, I disagree that the Rockets will take it as a "we'll get you next year" approach if they lose a hard fought series against the Warriors. Now that can certainly happen, but in my opinion, it'll be a huge let down for the Rockets' players (and coach) to come this far and play at such a high level over the course of a long grueling season to fall short. They're hunger won't be as strong as it is now, this playoffs. They have a mission and I really do believe they won't be satisfied until they hoist that trophy up.

This team wants to win BAD. In a sense, CP3 and MDA and to an extent Harden, Ariza, Tucker, Luc, EGO are all putting their "eggs" in this basket this year. They want to win it all now and this is in my opinion their best chance to do it. If they can't do it this year, I just can't believe they will be able to climb that colossal mountain next season again. This team is too good this year all things considered to not go all the way when healthy. They just have to collectively dig deep in the WCF to go get it because the Worriers certainly aren't going to just hand it over.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Exactly. Warriors have lengthy athletic personnel, but the Jazz from what I've seen have the size and physicality to go with the versatile defensive pieces. Jazz are tough to score against at the rim as evidenced by the numerous times Harden and EGO were blocked at the rim.

I think Harden especially will be able to finish better at the rim during the Warriors series and that'll just open everything else up....including free throws.

lionaire and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I can't co-sign this any harder. The only reason this team could be build was because of historical one time jump in the cap and a epic underachiement in the finals. Silver wants nothing to do with regulation or competitive balance now because of how much money the league has made since 2010. Like seriously revenue has tripled.

lw17 likes this.
  5. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

This is a reasonable take. The Warriors have been the dominant team for the past few years, and until we prove otherwise, this is what people are going to think.

lw17 likes this.
  6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Honestly - my take is that Steve Kerr knows we can win that series. Their owner knows we can too.

They are secretly scared of us - their behavior and comments have proven that all year.

Second - the Worriers are not even that good. Seriously- they are not the same team.

Worriers will need to play perfect games to beat us and that ain't happening.

The media haters are babbling about what they HOPE happens, NOT what they think will happen. They scared too.

lw17 and DavidRocket like this.
  7. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

It feels good to be the underdog.

Invisible Fan and pippendagimp like this.
  8. solid

solid Contributing Member

You are correct. I don't think it is unreasonable to say that GS will and should be favored in a series with Houston. BUT, both teams are in series that are not over. GS is so much better than the teams we have met in the playoffs thus far it is not close. I want the Rockets to win it all, but they will have to hit on all cylinders at the SAME time, something that hasn't happened in a while.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

I much prefer the way my wife wakes me up in the morning. Smiling all day long.

Go Rockets!!!

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sounds hot.

BigMaloe and D-rock like this.
  11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You can probably just ask Cod, but talk around the league is that Houston might just be better.

People that think it will be a quick series for GSW are in for a surprise.

Houston's leading in playoff point differential in midst of a shooting slump. I have never seen a team miss so many quality looks wide open, but they are so good defensively that it hasn't mattered.

BigMaloe, DavidRocket and bilaal14 like this.
  12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Golden States bench sucks......

I get that the Rockets havent won squat yet.... but are they not watching and taking notes.

This series is going to go down to the wire... but there is a small feeling inside.....i dont know if it homerism..... but oddly it is located in a part of my body where homerism is not usually found.

I think the Rockets can shock the world and get rid of GS in 5 games. Call me crazy, but........ lol

It is going to be fun.

Go Rockets.

D-rock and DavidRocket like this.
  13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Like anything Greenberg has to say actually matters.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Non-competitive is a bit strong. But I don't mind the Rockets being the under dog in the series. Look, GSW still has 4 all stars to the Rockets 2. So that matters. Rockets can win, but it will take an amazing series.

That said, if the Rockets lose, MEDIA....don't come at the Rockets with this "chocker" nonsense (they will though) since they are being looked at as underdogs.

Rockets007 likes this.
  15. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Agreed. The Worriers' biggest threats in my opinion are Steph and Klay. These 2 are phenomenal catch and shoot shooters. Rockets have the defensive personnel to make it tough for them. These 2 are the "momentum breakers" that concern me the most in a matchup with them. Even then I think the Rockets can put the clamp down. They don't have a legit answer for Capela, let alone CP3 and Harden. I'm looking forward to this series.

Outside of the "glitz and glamour" of the Warriors, it's conceivable (possible) that the Rockets have just faced a tougher defense given the Jazz's elite rim protection and perimeter defense. Rockets have had to work in Iso situations because the Jazz frankly have defended the Rockets pretty well I have to say. How much of a "fit" can the Worriers' "top defense" give the Rockets?? we will find out....but I really like the Rockets' chances namely because I don't see Harden having as difficult of a time getting to and finishing at the rim. Gobert and Favors just really have made it difficult for Harden and Ego. That should clear up in the next series.

#75 DavidRocket, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    D-rock, BigMaloe and Tfor3 like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

yep. And perhaps the Rockets COULD sweep the Worriers. Whether in 4 or 5, I really don't care. I just believe and want the Rockets to shut them up. If Rockets lock in from the getgo (as I think they will for this matchup), it might go counter-intuitive to what the "experts" have been saying. The big bad Goliath might get taken down more abruptly than anticipated. Games have to be played. We shall see.

But man, I'm just looking forward to watching the Rockets beat them down methodically.

#77 DavidRocket, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    D-rock, lw17 and bilaal14 like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When I saw "Greenberg" I was like, damn we lost another one.. I'm glad it was a different Greenberg saying this. Jared Greenberg is one of us.

Daddy Long Legs and Deuce like this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Will games stop being boring?

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

no to bolded.
    are you aware that worriers are shooting 33% in 2018 playoffs?