1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

No, I can accept a genetic modification experiment. As I can accept a computer learning over and over infinitely until it can be AI

Accepting a hoodie sweatshirt that decompress and turning it's material to an armor with weaponry that can rival a fighter jet is harder for me

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

One good thing about this movie is that typically MCU villains have been one of the weakest elements in the movies. I mean, before Thanos what was the best villain in the MCU? Loki? Thanos is a huge leap forward as a villain.....for reasons I'll spoiler

he's OP as hell, he's "the hero of his own story", he's a sympathetic character in many ways, he actually wins....and they don't have to make the plot bend over backwards and do all sorts of weird things just to make things fall into place for him...or at least not to the level of previous MCU villains. Honestly I don't think any other MCU villain comes even a little bit close

3. fba34

I know the movie was great and the fanboy feelings are still new and fresh that we don't want to see any warts yet, but that's a weak explanation. Yeah I know nanotechnology exists but that's beyond nano tech, where things are just really small but don't incrementally increase in size, material, strength. This is almost Ant-Man territory where Tony keeps everything shrinked in on his physical body and it automatically generates when he needs it to be.
    Its fine though I don't want to be a killjoy ruining other people's enjoyment of the movie.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm a fanboy for dismantling your weak argument, sure. Have fun.

ghettocheeze and Xerobull like this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am Groot

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I’m mentally exhausted after watching that movie. I’m just going to say 9/10 for now because I need time to digest everything

7. fba34

Lol dismantle it with nanotechnology.

I said fanboy feelings, like how I wanted to watch it again afterwards but after letting it settle down a few days, then I realized, nah, I can wait when it comes out somewhat else.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's one I can't figure out
    How did Thanos know about Tony? He calls him Stark

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Tony is essentially the reason Thanos lost the Tesseract in the first place after he brought the nuke into space killing the Chitauri (in Avengers). Please believe he did a bunch of research on him and the Avengers afterwards. (According to Stark it's been 6 years since that happened when he spoke to Thanos...lots of time for both to obsessively research)

Also, he had a hand in Loki getting the Scepter which we later found out contained the Mind Stone. I'm guessing Thanos knew there was a stone in there, and the stone itself grants knowledge.

There's dots to be connected there, but I can see how he'd know about him.

10. fba34

I hope there's a good reason/story line regarding hulk refusing to come out other than it's a punch line to a joke or he's sulking against the original avengers. One of the best parts about the first avengers movie was how scared they were of the hulk and how they were on edge about Bruce Banner. Bruce Banner is straight up comedian now. Scarlett would not want.

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

The best Marvel movie I’ve seen to date.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

@fba34

There's ton of Hulk mythos that goes into this, but I think two things: 1. Hulk spent two years as Hulk as we saw in Thor 3, and became more of an entity with an opinion, much like a two-three year old child. 2. He's been gentrified by his time as the rock star gladiator in Thor 3, and he's scared of Thanos. Old crazy hulk would just go for it over and over again, new thinking hulk is over-thinking it. I think we'll see some redemption where hulk gets MAD and gets stronger, which is his core power.

Now, I don't want to get deep into my theory on this but the writers of A3 borrowed heavily from an X-Men storyline with the seemingly Strongest character (Hulk) getting his ass whipped and crashing into Strange's place, then refusing to fight any more.

[​IMG]

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'm going to go up on my score to 9.3

- The only big issue for me was just that it came out the gate way too fast. The first 25 mins were lightning fast in terms of pace.

Spidey's death was probably the saddest thing in a Marvel movie I've seen.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have no words
    It was fantastic

Marvel is KILLING the movie game

Rocket River

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Yeah they are performing well right now.

Why did they have to make Quill look so bad? His character bugged me for some reason.

macho GRANDE and Rocket River like this.
  16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

He was in love, love makes you do stupid things. In Guardians 1/2 he's very nice chasing Gamora and she isn't interested. Fast forward a few years (4 apparently) and they're clearly together.

17. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Well...

Damn.

Bobbythegreat, Kim and seclusion like this.
  18. nono

nono Member

Im thinking of watching this with my sis. For people who watched this in Houston, am I going to be able to watch this by just going to the cinema without reserving seats in advance? Did you guys have to wait for long in line so you could get decent seats?

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked this movie a lot. Better than first avengers, will have to watch more to compare with civil war.

Only downside was that it's part one of two.

Not exposition heavy for the non comic book readers (Tony's extremis armor) but did great with pacing for a two and a half hour movie.

It's action heavy movies like these that make me jaded to solid movies like rag and panther.

#339 Invisible Fan, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It's playing everywhere on multiple screens at each place. You'll be fine. Of course, I had the crying baby theater at a 10:15pm showing that almost drove me into a rampage, so I'm going again soon and may just pay extra for the reserved seating to have a better chance of avoiding that.