1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/25/2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Who's going to rebound? Taylor?

2. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Oh hehe...
    Its hard cuz I couldn't hear the tone of your voice.

3. SLA

SLA Member

I love how we are getting some props and respect from Sportscenter! :D

The Yao Ming shake fadeaway was great...Steve's putback dunk was awesome.

Mobley and Moochie for 3!

And Greg Anthony said the Rockets gave a great Christmas present to the rest of the league..we presented the formula on how to beat the Lakers! LOL...just watch this game..

4. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

exactly.

even on sportscenter they showed a replay of one of the pick and rolls in which shaq couldnt come over and contest a mobley layup because of the possibility of mobley throwing it back out to yao for an open jumper. shaq was caught half way and cuttino made the easy lay in. yaos face up game not only helps him with mixing it up inside and out, it creates opportunities for others to feed off of.

5. sonalikumar

sonalikumar Member

I can't express how happy I am! This is the greatest Christmas present ever..

The best about all of this is to see the positive remarks on the board. I was getting tired of hearing all the negative comments about the Rockets. They played good, hard, strong team ball tonight and showed confidence in their athleticism.

It was classic to see Shaq's face at the end of the game. He looked so upset- but what can I say, he should be!

I think it is really important for the fans in Houston to stay behind their team. We can all learn from Dallas and Sacramento fans. Watching how loud their fans get, I honestly believe that if Houston fans show the same heart at the games, the Rockets will feel as if they really ARE playing for the city of Houston!

Go Rocks! :)

6. prlen

prlen Member

Did u guy know yao bet he would score 15pts and 10reb at worst? he fooled us again.maybe it is ref's fault.

7. jlwee

jlwee Member

GREAT WIN. I think lakers lost because Kobe completely ignored his teammates down the stretch.... and try to play 1-5

Hope the rockets can carry the momentum into tomorrow's game, Francis finnally school Andre miller, JJ shut down Melo, Yao breaks Camby leg n Cat drops 40points on voshon lenard.

GO ROX

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

oh man i wish you boys could be there when i was at my friends to see the game. being in the la area and not being a laker fan isnt easy. further more all the sh*t i got during the brief lead they had in the third and the comeback. oh man i must have had the largest smile at the end, where are those guiness book people when you need them to measure?

oh man a great day

lets follow it up tomorrow with a another win @ denver

oh yeah you are welcome kings fans, shame you didnt have peja, but at least u are still tied w/ the lakers now

9. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

Yao had a so so game. he's still tentative againt Shaq on the offensive end. and he's pretty much at Shaq's mercy on the other end of floor. i think Cato can do and did a much better job tonight guarding Shaq 1-on-1. Rockets should put Cato on Shaq everytime down the court. Clearly Lakers weren't at their best tonight. but anytime we beat the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe, it's a great win.

10. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

He's got buttle fingers. Maybe his hands sweat too much? He definitely has small hands and there is nothing we can do about it (is there?), but maybe he can apply some powder on his hands to make them less slippery.

11. YaoFan

YaoFan Contributing Member

Ohh, man, I was so close! :D :D

12. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

I predicted a win...and a loss tomorrow. I hope we don't lose tomorrow against the nuggets.

13. MFW2310

MFW2310 Contributing Member

Faker fans b*itching about "bad reffing"

I went on the Fakers forum (did not post but just to see what they had to say), they had 3 simultaneous thread going on about how bad the ref job was done last night. I know this probably belong in the game thread and DoD is probably gonna come in here any second now and lock this thread, but I just had to get it off my chest. I mean, can you imagine? The Fakers complaining about Not GETTING CALLS? Maybe they get calls so often that refs screwing the other team is the norm now and they expected it this game too. Instead, they should just shut up and admit they got thrashed. God that felt good. :D :D :D

14. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Oh yeah and I also said that people would be phraising the rockets too but people(sportcenter or fastbreak) haven't said we're going to be the 6th seed in the west though.

15. rocketman113

rocketman113 Member

If you wanna look for true progess it will be if the rockets can win tomorrow along with this great win. That will be a step in the right direction.

16. spydermex

spydermex Member

IT was a great christmas for Texas Basket ball teams and a bad one for Cali teams.

17. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I think that was something good. they can improve the p&r though. For example, guards some times moved before Yao was set and allow the defender to pass Yao high. In the second half, Yao always roll towards the basket so there was no kick back and wide open 15 footers. Also, I think Yao has to make his floor running more efficient to save his energy. In some possesions, he got into the paint, and then came out setting three picks in a roll, that wore him down quickly.

18. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

HELL YES!!! I never doubt the Rockets ever, especially not tonight! I had $20 on this game with a friend of mine and everyone told me not to put money on the Rockets, but what's up now!? HUH!?!? Yeah Rockets, WOO!

19. gowithwind22

gowithwind22 Member

JVG's gameplan seems he coaching spur. he use yaming as Tim duncan, cato/taylor as david roberson, Sf as tony park,
    hopefully, rox can do the same goodness in coming games.

well, if spur can be the championship, why not us?

20. sun12

sun12 Member

Man, why don't people try to understand a little bit more about basketball? Lakers need Malone badly. With Malone on the Lakers, Rox has no chance. Everybody knows Lakers needed a PF during the off-season, now they have Malone.

I suppose I am one of the few who predicted before hand that Rox has a chance against the Lakers.

My other prediction: If Rox ever win a championship, Cato will not be the starting PF.